Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How old are this forum's members?

Morizzle

How old are you?  

870 members have voted

1. 1. How old are you?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I voted 51-60 since I'll be 51 in a couple weeks.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

I want to start another poll. How many times did you actually pick someone up at a gig?

My guess is that it would directly correspond with your age.

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

I would've expected the 40s and 50s to be a little closer to even, but I'm not all that surprised...pretty close to what I expected. 42 knocking on the door to 43 right here. What's odd, is that over the years as I've aged, I've gone from being either the oldest or same age as my band mates to being the youngest. Seems like that would be the other way around.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Going to be 38 in may. Damn that sounds weird! ! Feel older today tho..-11 is the high in north Illinois( without wind chill!) So glad I took a few off from giggin after New Year. I needed it! Felt like the Grateful Dead travelin that much! :laugh: They say the best tunes are wrote on the road..I can see why..Man if I could only afford a driver!! Lol!
"A good mix is subjective to one's cilia." http://hitnmiss.yolasite.com

66 here. I'm somewhat surprised that (as of now at least) the under 50/over 50 split is just about even. I thought the forum trended older than it does. We have several members under 40 which is a good thing :)

Feel older today tho..-11 is the high in north Illinois( without wind chill!)

You should come south to St. Louis, it's going to get all the way up to a balmy zero today! Not sure why I dug myself out of the foot of snow yesterday since I've got a couple city blocks of unplowed snow I'd have to get through to get anywhere anyway. After shoveling all that snow yesterday, my back is making me feel about 70 today!!!

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Turned 55 in October, but my kids say that I act like I'm 19!

Mark

"Think Pink Floyd are whiny old men? No Problem. Turn em off and enjoy the Miley Cyrus remix featuring Pitbull." - Cygnus64

Life is shorter than you think...make it count.

57 years old here.

I peeked at the poll results. Like so many other things, for better or worse, baby boomers are dominating (so far).

Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha AN200, Logic Pro X,  Arturia Microbrute, Behringer Model D, Yamaha UX-3 Acoustic Piano, assorted homemade synth modules

I'm 26.

Been here since my teens I think.

Learned a LOT from the 'grown-ups' here (I already knew most guys here are 40 and up).

I know too little about life and too much about MIDI.

So I contribute my technical knowledge here. Never listen to any musical advice from me!

Stage: MOX6, V-machine, and Roland AX7

Rolls PM351 for IEMs.

Home/recording: Roland FP4, a few guitars

62 and cranky as hell, but I do get my 10% Senior Citizens discount at Dunkin' Donuts......

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

60 as of this coming Wednesday. Speaking of senior discounts, at least I won't feel bad about getting the senior discount at Dairy Queen anymore. Talking about the cold weather, it dropped from 11 degrees this morning to 9 degrees an hour ago here in northeastern middle Tennessee. Now the blamed time and temp phone number won't even give me the temp. Must be 'froze up'!

John Cassetty

"there is no dark side of the moon, really. As a matter of fact it's all dark"

Archived