Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How old are this forum's members?

Morizzle

How old are you?  

870 members have voted

1. 1. How old are you?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

44 here.

Ok, now we need to keep this going......can we here from someone who's 34?

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

how did this thread get resurrected? :wacko:

CLONK

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Well I guess that proves it - I'm the oldest old git on here! Don't play any longer due to Dupoytrens & arthritis, but still young enough to arrange if I wasn't so damned lazy! Nice to see all the young old gits still churning it out though!

55...today :cheers:
Happy birthday, Mark!! :thu:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

When I started gigging, there WERE NO SYNTHS.

B3 and Rhodes 88. What else did you need?

Get off my lawn you damn kids!

At 13 years old my first gig rig was a Farfisa Mini Compact. That should date me pretty accurately.

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff374/hammonddave/image.jpg1_zps1pluusmg.jpg

Had the same one!

Montage 7, Mojo 61, PC-3, XK-3c Pro, Kronos 88, Hammond SK-1, Motif XF- 7, Hammond SK-2, Roland FR-1, FR-18, Hammond B3 - Blond, Hammond BV -Cherry

55...today :cheers:

Happy b'day Mark and have many more. :thu:

It is time for a mini-hang in that great KB room. :):cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

I was 15 when I had a new one of these...

hnkbtledei6ctnm8qngl.jpg

Mine was similar, made by Howard called a Doric. Would have killed for a Continental. I used an X stand too....my mom's ironing board.

I'm too lazy to go back through this thread, and too old to remember if I contributed to it.

I'm 54. My first instrument was an accordion. My first electronic instrument was a Farfisa Fast 4 played through a Fender Bassman 10 amp. That was probably the early 70's or so.

56 years old this year, and still rocking hard. Drawn to the 88s at an early age, and never really gave it up.

I am discouraged that there aren't more young whippersnappers biting at my ankles. I'd love some good healthy competition, but it ain't happening.

There are some younger dudes in my music scene, but -- frankly -- they're a mess. Like I was at that age. Brief flashes of talent, but no consistency etc.

Maybe there's something about keyboards that's similar to wine -- it all gets better with age?

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

I just aged now....

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Old enough to still be playing an original Novachord? "Mommy, why does Grampa look like the Crypt Keeper?" "Hush, dear, its not polite to point out those who truck with the Dark Lord."

"I like that rapper with the bullet in his nose!"
 "Yeah, Bulletnose! One sneeze and the whole place goes up!"
       ~ "King of the Hill"

HA - found it. Circa 1968, about 10 years old. And if the accordion looks like it was bigger than me, it's because it was. :laugh:

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n631/18to12fitty/Music%20n%20Keys/IMG_5093_zpsch7harxs.jpg

D-10; M50; SP4-7; SP6

I'm a fairly accomplished hack.

Damn... I think I see the Grim Reaper...

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

I want to start another poll. How many times did you actually pick someone up at a gig?

My guess is that it would directly correspond with your age.

Does that mean I'll start picking people up at gigs soon? Been at this music thing for a while... didn't happen when I was 8 playing the talent show or in a popular high school band. Still not really happening at the budding pro/college level. :confused::snax:

Oh, and I guess I turned 22 recently.

where's that can of worms animated thingy bobber?

OK, when I was 38 I got divorced an hooked up with a 25 yr old chick I'm still not over for a year who was a regular (found out I was getting divorced by word of mouth and contacted me on FB)

Since then I've dated 22 to 49. I don't discriminate. Yes, all races. In fact, the one I regret losing the most besides the hot chick I dated for the year after leaving my wife was a 22 year old black gal....yes, at this point, I think about 20 yrs younger than me. I never said I wasn't a pervert. But she's a really cool gal and a lot of fun. Has a boyfriend these days.

Of all the women I've loved and lost....

Interestingly, I've basically stayed single the last couple years. I would love a relationship, but figured I'm pretty set in my ways by now. Not thinking it's likely....and I'm OK with that.

Dan

Started gigging at age 14 on guitar, then keyboards a couple of years later on a Farfisa Combo Compact.

Still gigging but I'm taking it quietly this year as I've recently had a carpal tunnel op on my right hand, and will be getting the left hand done in a couple of months. Once I've recovered I'll be just about retired from the day gig and after that I plan to go out the way I came in, playing till I drop.

Legend Soul 261, Leslie 251, Yamaha UX1, CP4, CK61, Hammond SK1, Ventilator, Privia PX3, Behringer 2600, Korg Triton LE, various guitars and woodwinds, drum kits …

Archived