Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup!

Yepper. With custom 3D-Printed end panels.~ vonnor

Coolness ! :cool:

What brand/ model is the throne ?

Does it rotate 360° and is the seating tiltable to some degree ?

What´s max height ?

:)

A.C.

Throne is Gibralter with the "Tall" base. It goes up to 30" high w/o sacrificing stability. Works great for me at home since I'm 6'5" tall.

~ vonnor

Gear:

Hardware: Nord Stage3, Korg Kronos 2, Novation Summit

Software: Cantabile 3, Halion Sonic 3 and assorted VST plug-ins.

Also, these were replicated for the 61 only. I believe the 73 and 88 versions are bigger. I do not own those versions so I did not model them.

also, I think possibly even the 61 side panels are not interchangeable between the original Kronos (black side panel) and later (wood side panel).

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

For all the folks requesting these custom end panels
I just wanted to know where you got them from. "I 3D printed them myself" was a fascinating answer...

Now, can someone out there custom build for me an 88-key piano-weighted polyphonic aftertouch keyboard with MIDI 2.0 spec? You know, like a modern MIDIBoard? No?

:laugh:

• 2 months later...

I had to do some remodeling to accommodate my latest purchase, the PolyBrute. I plan to make it my primary sound design piece, so I wanted clear easy access to it & wanted to have a monitor right behind it. The proved to be quite a challenge. Though not perfect, this seems to be my most practical setup. The monitor behind the PolyBrute is new- it is a duplicate of the main monitor (opposite wall) and it's on a swivel arm so I can move it down & right in front of me (so I don't have to look up to view it).

44AOL3X.jpg

sJCJbT5.jpg

I've posted the other side of the room before & nothing changed, but so it's all in one place...

Rc87pEj.jpg

Custom Music, Audio Post Production, Location Audio

www.gmma.biz

https://www.facebook.com/gmmamusic/

That"s a beautiful line up. Having them in a linear fashion is probably the most sensible. And you probably don"t need access to more than one or two keys at any one time and putting them closer together or in some kind of semi circle would only take up more space in your room. Lovely setup!
Yamaha MODX8, Legend Live.

Btw do you play the Kronos at that angle? I find some boards keybeds don"t react very well unless they are laid flat.

The Kronos is my gig board. It gets very little use in the studio because most of what it can do, I can do better with VSTi's. However, I do a lot of programming / setting up sounds, splits, layers etc. for gigging. For that I need access to the front panel, but the not so much the keyboard. Tilting it like that keeps it out of the way of the PolyBrute but still gives me easy access to the front panel.

Custom Music, Audio Post Production, Location Audio

www.gmma.biz

https://www.facebook.com/gmmamusic/

My ode to PolyAT has now advanced beyond obsession...

Great rig ! :thu:

Thanks! The funny thing is it closely resembles my rig from circa 2009... :facepalm:

What´s the small unit between Hydrasynth and Macbook ?

A.C.

It is an Electra One MIDI Controller. A fully configurable MIDI CC/NRPN/SYSEX controller that can be used to control VSTs, ancient rackmount synths, etc. I strongly urge people to check it out, because it literally changed the way I interact with softsynths. Fully customizable screen, with twelve knobs that can immediately interact with 36 parameters, and another 36 (x 11!) are a click away. Very easy to program, even I was up and running on it in no time.

:thu: :thu: :thu:

e65f2f4c5c5fdf110bfda42494e40297db638ef1.jpeg

It is an Electra One MIDI Controller. A fully configurable MIDI CC/NRPN/SYSEX controller that can be used to control VSTs, ancient rackmount synths, etc. I strongly urge people to check it out, because it literally changed the way I interact with softsynths. Fully customizable screen, with twelve knobs that can immediately interact with 36 parameters, and another 36 (x 11!) are a click away. Very easy to program, even I was up and running on it in no time.

:thu: :thu: :thu:

e65f2f4c5c5fdf110bfda42494e40297db638ef1.jpeg

Cool,- never seen before.

bookmarked !

sold out a.t.m., but I´ll go back later ...

A.C.

• 2 weeks later...

Adam, that's an impressive collection!

By the way, I always thought the Replica Props Forum was just for cosplay stuff. ;)

~ vonnor

Gear:

Adam, that's an impressive collection!

By the way, I always thought the Replica Props Forum was just for cosplay stuff. ;)

~ vonnor

Thanks. (And I joined the 'RPF' years ago when I was into Collecting Movie Props

and Prop Replicas. Never was into any type of Cosplay stuff at all myself personally.) ð

Yes, looks great! Brings back memories seeing the 'phone-booth' rack. I had an O1R/W and TX 802 back in the day, but not the D50 module. The Poly D keyboard and Model D rack look like a lot of fun..

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

looks gorgeous !!!

A.C.

Thank you, Sir. ðð»

The Poly D keyboard and Model D rack look like a lot of fun..

They are an absolute Blast, yes! Definitely a great

value for the Money as far as I"m concerned.

(As is the 'BEHRINGER Odyssey" as well.)

Thanks. (And I joined the 'RPF' years ago when I was into Collecting Movie Props

and Prop Replicas. Never was into any type of Cosplay stuff at all myself personally.) ð

Cool!

Me, I'm on there cuz all that stuff is kinda my "Other" hobby.

~ vonnor

Gear:

I didn't want to start a whole new thread, but this has been bugging me and is probably something simple, but what the heck kind of Kronos is it with the "V3" logo on the right side and the red knobs?

~ vonnor

2179.jpg.44c38ea4d05189f88144beb545496537.jpg

Gear:

Warning - mega-post several years in the making. Broken into three pieces due to the numbers of photos not getting along with the forum software.

I haven't posted a picture of the music room/studio in its entirety for several years (just a photo of a keyboard corner configuration from last year), mainly due to the fact that I'm not around much these days and so it was never really completed to my liking. Time for an update I suppose. I've been gradually working on it on my days off over summer (I'm at the other end of the state 9 months out of the year for college). We put up some shelves and I bought some cabling for long cable runs last fall. It's about good right now, so I tried to take some nice pictures. I can't fit one more piece of gear in though, but I don't really need anything more. The only disadvantage is the lovely-looking tongue-in-groove wood floor above/ceiling. There's a never-ending light dust in the room.

I have also have entirely revamped my live solo rig and my live band rig for most situations these days, which will be in a subsequent post.

Home Base/Music Room, doubles as the family home office.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

A7-CF02-E7-5-FA7-46-A9-8-F06-C1249-F020381-1-105-c.jpg

55-B84024-45-CE-4817-AD44-74-F3-D936-E34-D-1-105-c.jpg

Left to right - Kimball Valencia III organ, Casio Casiotone CT-370, Talking Drum, Dell monitor (more on this later), Novation Remote LE 25, Yamaha Motif XF8, Korg Krome 61, a pair of JBL LSR-305P MKII studio monitors, and the rack setup and a Peavey Unity 12-RQ 12-channel mixer (using 15 channels via the 2 stereo FX returns and stereo tape input).

111-F718-A-F463-4279-BA3-F-A8348-AB663-F8-1-105-c.jpg

Allen ADC-220 organ, Panasonic and Montgomery Ward speaker systems (the Panasonic system has CD, Tape, and radio functions plus a nice outboard tape deck I added, but I primarily run a stereo line from the Yamaha mixer to this system, so I get sort of a "surround sound" effect with two sets of stereo speakers when playing keyboards. Wonderful for piano. Then there's a Yamaha MG10XU mixer (sending a stereo mix of the gear on the left side of the room to the Peavey 12-channel board plus FX and the stereo mix to the Panasonic system on the organ via the headphone jack so I have independent volume controls for both sets of speakers). Titano Virtuoso Converter accordion in the case between the organ and keys rig.

513-E9959-EB59-46-BE-A85-F-014-F68-FF6-FA0-1-105-c.jpg

This old 2003 Dell monitor is acting as a second display for my Macbook Pro that's on the desk on the other side of the room via a VGA adapter. I have the trackpad connected wirelessly to the computer so I can start and stop recording and add new tracks from the main keyboard setup without having to hit record and run across the room. I can also interact with virtual instrument plugins from the Motif, which serves as my primary controller when I use VIs. It's super useful in practice.

71-B77520-9052-49-DE-A597-936631548102-1-105-c.jpg

94-DFA3-E7-F0-A7-4468-B7-F5-368-B21-D31668-1-105-c.jpg

Here's the Allen ADC-220. Princess pedals (compact 32-note pedalboard that's 48" instead of the AGO 54") but I'm glad to have a "real" organ to play after many years of searching. This guy came about two years ago. Conn 144 pipe speakers up top, but they aren't wired in for now. Tucked away next to this and not visible is my wet-tuned Borsini Vienna 723 accordion.

5213-A28-B-EC80-44-F0-BCB7-6-D8-C426-C15-BC-1-105-c.jpg

The receiver unit for the Panasonic system. This thing is quite nice actually, and I used it for my music room speaker system prior to getting the JBL monitors. Lots of EQ settings as well and lots of power.

1-D278-D13-AA3-B-47-CB-A156-9-F3-F0-BCDFB37-1-105-c.jpg

Top: Technics M240X tape system I inherited from my father. Haven't tried recording anything with it but it certainly sounds better than any other tape system I've used (I have a lot of cassettes so I've had a few players). Bottom: An old Morse receiver with an 8-track player (I do have a few of those). Connected to the Montgomery Ward speakers on the organ. More of a novelty, I had it before getting the Panasonic system which was an improvement. Mainly used for 8-tracks and the radio these days.

BDB584-B1-9-BD7-45-BE-81-A3-AD55-FB7-E8-A1-B-1-105-c.jpg

Bottom: Kurzweil PC4. Top: Yamaha MX61. Using a K&M 18950 stand with assorted adapters and accessories (music stand, mic boom, 2nd tier). Can't beat the compact size folded up.

44-ACC32-F-0206-4-A2-E-9937-B36-CA7-BF56-A7-1-105-c.jpg

Behind the Kurzweil/Yamaha stack, this is a Kimball Broadway R-80 organ from 1979 - it has a nice built-in Leslie and chorus/vibrato as well giving it a big sound similar to the top of the line theatre-style consoles of the time, and a Yamaha PSS-470 as a "third manual" up top. That little guy has an 8-bar drum pattern looper and basic FM synthesis editing via the sliders on the top right (it's 2-op FM).

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

PT 2

096-D3-F20-E50-F-466-D-846-E-CAE00-C143-D66-1-105-c.jpg

At the rear, we have a Jaspers 3D-150B stand with a Yamaha YPG-235 on the bottom (my Kurzweil PC3-76 will sit there when it's back from repair), a Roland JV-1000 in the center, and a 1988 Yamaha YS200 4-op FM synth up top. Observant eyes might spot a small Yamaha board in the corner - that's a PSR-295, which I currently am not using due to some apparent power distribution issues and not having floor space for it to be permanently set up.

D75-C7155-C56-D-4033-ABAA-4-DA862-B205-F4-1-105-c.jpg

That big Jaspers stand leaves some space for storage for keyboard cases etc under it, which is very useful.

7779-F7-AE-A48-A-4-C9-C-970-E-6-EE40-C6626-B8-1-105-c.jpg

The guitar corner (gasp). The guitar is a Yamaha Pacifica 112V (maple neck, rosewood fretboard, alder body, HSS pickups w/coil split) in Natural finish. Pedals are a Pod HD300 digital unit with a USB audio interface and a Line6 M13 FX unit with a Joyo JF-14 American Sound amp sim pedal (an analog '57 Deluxe sim) in the FX loop. Both wired and ready to go - just pick the blue or purple cable. Lots of fun; I just need to learn how to play much better now (soon to be rectified in Fall).

E1-EB5527-EB5-E-42-E1-B144-44256-E6050-EA-1-105-c.jpg

Shelves Division 1 - bottom has small gear boxes and storage for equipment, manuals, and sheet music (plus misc. stuff like slides I'm converting, music stands, and the backup laptop). Middle shelf has organ and beginner piano books and sheet music from over the years, a box dedicated to my former inter-church youth band, and gig records. The top shelf has three old accordions that are decorative (the Cellini is from the 1920s, but the Dölling is very old and extremely rare - I only know of 3 existing; the company was established in 1885, this accordion is likely from around 1910 at latest), and my second grandfather's worn out clarinet. The Ancona accordion is a shell at this point but it's decorative.

7-C881-D17-84-CC-44-AA-B230-CC6-D847-F480-C-1-105-c.jpg

Up above those three shelves is a large heavy-duty shelf anchored in the ceiling logs spanning the entire wall that we put in that can hold a ton of weight. This end has gear boxes for certain items.

54-C3-C4-EF-D655-43-E4-A785-3952-FFC00-BF0-1-105-c.jpg

Desk setup - nothing fancy, like I mentioned this space doubles as a home office for everyone else in the family as well. The desk is old and worn out but the topper was built by my uncle and is nice.

5-B9-C6419-81-C4-4-C8-D-A7-D8-533-D19-EA7-EBA-1-105-c.jpg

Desk Topper storage - various decorative items on the top row, assorted items and audio/midi interface equipment and CDs/instructional DVDs on the left and a historical research section on the right of the second row, and antique books and misc. faith-based books on the bottom row. Topped with the stop rail of a Lindermann reed/pump organ from Iowa up top - plans to eventually convert that into a wall-mounted mantle shelf.

8-D0-F5-DC8-7-CDC-4277-B745-C526151-AAA70-1-105-c.jpg

Above that is the middle section of the heavy-duty wall-length shelf - old stereo equipment and some old organ big-note music etc from my one late grandmother (came with the Kimball Valencia III).

03-B88-F95-F4-C4-4-D97-A5-A9-CD30-AD132-ED8-1-105-c.jpg

Further down the wall, I have the Peavey 12-channel mixer and my rack setup that I built earlier this year in a failed attempt to rival the power of a top-of-the-line workstation board for half the price (hint - current midi controllers are weak in functionality). Using a Quicklok WS-540 stand for the rack, which works alright. The only complaint is that the legs don't lock in place so if you need to move the entire rack stack the legs can move out and drop a corner's support entirely. Also the various headphones I have are visible above that. Handy supports lol.

B948-F399-1-B76-4159-A7-B9-8-A2724-D3907-A-1-105-c.jpg

Above that are the two sheet music shelves. Binders up top, accordion music to the right and piano sheet music and lead sheets to the left. The lower shelf is piano books on the left, hymnals in the middle, and accordion books to the right. Plus my Native American Double Flute in F#.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

PT 3

B893261-C-A36-C-4214-8-A6-F-DAD843077-A58-1-105-c.jpg

Above that are four accordions in their cases, all older and needing some form of repair, and my vintage Mac equipment and parts boxes (you can't see in this current configuration but I have an iMac G3 running OS9 and Panther and a PowerMac 5500 running OS 7.5.5 to use old keyboard/synth editors on eventually, as well as an iBook G4 laptop dual booting 10.4.11 Tiger and 10.5.8 Leopard plus OS9 in Classic Mode Emulation).

9-C359-BCE-4-FA2-4-F54-89-FA-6523-B58-C6-A4-B-1-105-c.jpg

Rack detail

------------

Top rack: Black Lion Audio PG-X power conditioner, blank rack space (I had a compressor here but that will be used live rather than at home which is where the rest of this rack will be staying most of the time), iConnectivity mioXL midi interface (I have it set so all I have to do is plug into any keyboard's 5-pin midi jack from the lead coming from Port 7 and I can run the whole rack or any individual module from there). Ashley LX-308B 8-channel line mixer on the bottom.

Bottom Rack: Roland Fantom XR with SRX-12 Complete Piano and SRX-01 Dynamic Drums boards, Korg N1R from a fellow on Gearspace, Korg X5DR, Emu Proformance Plus, Roland JV-1010. Case from Casesmith Customs.

A60-B2910-F997-42-A0-ADFD-6-E8-B7-F0-BF161-1-105-c.jpg

Additional racks on a laptop stand, as I'm using the 2U case for a live rack with an compressor and half-rack power supply - Emu Proteus/1 and Emu Mo'Phatt modules.

All of this other than the organs and Casiotone and Yamaha PSS-470 are all wired in to the main mixer and speaker system, so anything can be played at any time and be fully functional, which has been my dream since getting a good bit of equipment. The one thing you might notice missing is an audio interface - my Resident Audio T4's developers never made a 64-bit driver so it's not usable with my Macbook that came from the factory with Catalina, sadly. So for now there's the stereo interface on the MG10XU mixer but that's not even close to ideal. Hoping to resolve this fairly soon (likely a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd Gen).

There are a few other instruments in other areas of the house and accessory cabin - a reed organ, a Pigini bayan in need of restoration, my ongoing Conn 465 organ repair project, a Yamaha CVP-305 Clavinova that I grew up with, and a Yamaha P22 upright piano.

Max! :thu: Sweet set up. I'm currently working on my new studio. It won't rival yours but it will be a fun place. It's starting to take shape and I'm pretty excited to see it coming along. I will post pics when the time comes.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

My "studio" looks pretty barren, and is--a small interface and a monitor/keyboard on the desk, a couple keyboards I use as controllers only. That's both the benefit and somewhat of a downside of going all software :D

I'll get a pic of my live rig at the next gig. I'm trying to decide on whether to get a Behringer p16m for monitoring--I don't *need* it, but I want to go stereo and we are short of aux sends. Plus it has a limiter built in and uses ethernet so it's pretty spiffy.

Still getting a kick out of the incredible organ sounds I'm getting from a dang ipad. Blows my mind. I did have one bad stretch at the last gig where the ipad refused to see my MODX for midi or audio...argh. I disconnect it between sets to power it (the extra power jack on my camera connection adapter stopped working) and I'm guessing that jacked it up....reconnected it a couple times and it started working again.