Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

If I Could Wake Up on Fire...

ProfD

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, at least we made it to the 28th reply before the first list. :rolleyes:;)

And 29 before someone had to be an asshole.

Guess smileys don't count for anything, huh? Fine... let me point out the "Ignore User" feature available to you, so you don't need to be bothered with my posts. :wave:

Interesting question, PD.

I could name some of the folks already listed, but I'll try to be different:

Ben Folds.

I just love the fact that he plays the piano like the percussion instrument that it is.

Noah

Ben Folds.

I just love the fact that he plays the piano like the percussion instrument that it is.

Noah

I like Bartok's percussive use of the piano. But for jazz players, I would have to go with Herbie...

If I could wake up on fire, I think I'd go right to my office and burn the place down.

("And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were married, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire...the ratio of people to cake is too big").

Then I'd go home and practice for the rest of my life.

And if I sounded anywhere near as cool as ANY of these people mentioned, I'd be a happy m'f'r.

:thu:

Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

Bruce Hornsby.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

If I could wake up on fire, I think I'd go right to my office and burn the place down.

("And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were married, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire...the ratio of people to cake is too big").

Then I'd go home and practice for the rest of my life.

And if I sounded anywhere near as cool as ANY of these people mentioned, I'd be a happy m'f'r.

:thu:

I love Kung Fu.

...Keith Emerson (y'all too, but you won't say it)

Jan Hammer

Chick Corea

Jimmy Smith...

Look, another list (lest anyone think I'm singling them out for being incapable of dealing with an incredibly simple request by the O.P., as though my being an asshole was personally targeted... I'm an equal-opportunity asshole... and the "Ignore User" feature is available to everyone equally, too! :thu: :thu: :thu: :thu:)

:wave:

(wishing there was a single-finger waving smiley, given the mood I'm in tonight, but this one will have to do)

...Keith Emerson (y'all too, but you won't say it)

Jan Hammer

Chick Corea

Jimmy Smith...

Look, another list

Well, if not a list, then how about a Liszt? ;)

I'm not old enough to have heard Franz play, but I'm certain his name belongs somewhere in this thread.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

(wishing there was a single-finger waving smiley, given the mood I'm in tonight, but this one will have to do)

At least you've got the patented "Sven-Golly-Disapproves-Smiley" --> :rolleyes: <-- , I mean, that's something.

It's not a clone, it's a Suzuki.

KB players must be like M&Ms...hard to stop at one. :laugh::cool:

I'll play, but I had to think a while.... Yes, it IS hard to just name one. I was going to say James P Johnson because I could be more self entertained and get more solo gigs with my newly invented left hand. :grin: But...I am a group player who enjoys interaction with others so... Michel Camilo, who, although we are the same age, is much better looking than I am. And...well yes, it would also be nice to play like that.

Day

"It is a danger to create something and risk rejection. It is a greater danger to create nothing and allow mediocrity to rule."

"You owe it to us all to get on with what you're good at." W.H. Auden

I haven't answered because I keep coming up with several names, aka a list. ;)

Let's just say I have an idea of what I'd like to sound like, what kind of music I like to play, and I'll go with something similar to Mike Warren's answer. Me, but able to play it.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived