Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

If I Could Wake Up on Fire...

ProfD

I really want to do a list....

Herbie Hancock. It's all there harmonically rhythmically and creatively. I could play classically one second, burn through fast changes the next, then lay down the best feeling sickest clav the next. Yep, Herbie for me.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Liberace

Find 660 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

I would have to make a list too, but when I read the topic the first player that came to mind was Chick.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Liberace

Hehehehe... funny. ;)

Guess it's a matter of perspective. My first thought would be hell. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

SD. Kanker b3er jr..... is that one hellluva choice or what? :grin:

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

Actually I meant the connection between "on fire" (the subject line) and "flaming" (Jazz+'s choice).

Gotcha. Add the cape and candelabra. Purgatory. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

In this case, name the ONE KB player you really dig above all others.

Today: Zawinul.

Tomorrow: ...well, tomorrow's another day. Isn't it?

http://www.mybestlife.com/ita_anima/musica_golosi/images/Joe_Zawinul_2.jpg

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

I'm an equal-opportunity asshole... :thu: :thu: :thu: :thu:)

:wave:

(wishing there was a single-finger waving smiley, given the mood I'm in tonight, but this one will have to do)

TOO FUNNY! :laugh::D

For that... I buy you beer.

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/watchdog/blog/beer.jpg

Here. Take it.

Iz on da houze. :)

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

There are many players I greatly admire but I'd rather not copy anyone else (or be anyone else). I would rather be myself ... only better.

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

Archived