Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Why Doesn’t Lachy Get Much Love From This Group?

Sorry, but other than a very small number of our colleagues, no one plays or performs better than this cat…

https://fb.watch/nA1xXdik4r/?mibextid=SSW5Zl

• Like 1

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

I beg to differ, I actually think he gets alot of respect.  I know i started a thread about him at least a year ago.  I think the big blowup was the recent posting and quite frankly that particular video was not very impressive, especially the vocal part of the video (at least that's how i saw it.)  But damn, the cat can play.

• Like 1

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

He can play but there are some gospel guys that are out of this world also.   That is where the Hammond market is now, the churches. 

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

He isn’t my cup of tea - not melodic enough for my tastes.

However he’s an excellent performer, musician and a modern champion of the Hammond, and I’ll be the first in line to buy tickets if he ever comes up my way. 

Hammond SKX

Mainstage 3

He posted this humorous video to YT over the weekend. It's fun and funny. I've been a fan since he was a guest on the Keyboard Chronicles podcast and I checked out his stuff.

• Like 1

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Been a fan forever, just don't see the need to should about it is all! This guy is arguably the best exponent, ever!

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

2 hours ago, Joe Muscara said:

He posted this humorous video to YT over the weekend. It's fun and funny. I've been a fan since he was a guest on the Keyboard Chronicles podcast and I checked out his stuff.

Hey Lachy, the song was supposed to be Mustang Sally....

FunMachine.

I'd definitely steal some of his licks, which is probably the highest compliment I can give.  

If we pretend for a moment that we really have to decide who's "best," who are his rivals? I wouldn't compare his to anyone playing jazz.  It has to be blues or blues-rock. I also wouldn't compare him to anyone who is not leading their own group. I you played like that in a supporting role your bandmates would tell you to chill out or split.

So is it Lachy Doly versus Grace Potter for the championship? Is there anyone else in this race? Does anyone really care?

• Like 3

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

On 10/9/2023 at 2:58 PM, HammondDave said:

Why Doesn’t Lachy Get Much Love From This Group?

Maybe because we're done beating on Paul Shaffer, and he's up next???  Or is it, "he's up again"???

I'd originally posted the Lachy "Gimmer Some..." video to show how he used the drawbars in his solo -- which only 1 person commented on; then when that poster started a new thread about manipulating drawbars in a solo, it got much less attention than all the "pile on" comments (5 pages worth).  Oh well...

Old No7

Yamaha MODX6 * Hammond SK Pro 73 * Roland Fantom-08 * Crumar Mojo Pedals * Mackie Thump 12As * Tascam DP-24SD * JBL 305 MkIIs

This particular group within the KC contingent gives the guy as much love as he's going to get anywhere. 

As mentioned above, there's a number of musicians who fly under the KC radar. 

For those musicians, either their music and/or playing style is not the preferred beverage of choice among this group.

Otherwise, Lachy Doley could be the modern Rock organist face of this forum.🤣😎

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

I don't think Lachy's main followers are predominantly keyboard players. I don't hear him listed in any greatest 10 lists even though I believe he could give anybody a run for their money. 

Didn't he offer an online dojo for like $200 a month? It got a few jeers on the Corner.

FunMachine.

35 minutes ago, Baldwin Funster said:

I don't think Lachy's main followers are predominantly keyboard players.

It is on this forum but not in a top 10 greatest way.😎

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

I think I see more of him on this forum than anywhere else.  Big fan of the dude.

You want me to start this song too slow or too fast?

Forte7, Nord Stage 3, XK3c, OB-6, Arturia Collection, Mainstage, MotionSound KBR3D. A bunch of MusicMan Guitars, Line6 stuff

There are people on this forum who turn their nose at Joey DeFrancesco and Hiromi, so you’re never going to find a player whose name isn’t “Emerson” or “Wakeman” or “Hancock” that is going to get universal love. 

• Like 3

Endorsing Artist/Ambassador for MAG Organs and Motion Sound Amplifiers, Organ player for SRT - www.srtgroove.com

If he was not playing in the 70's and 80's I don't know him. I'm a bit slow to grasp anything new. 🐢

On 10/11/2023 at 3:44 PM, Baldwin Funster said:

Didn't he offer an online dojo for like $200 a month? It got a few jeers on the Corner.

Oh, wait. I do remember something about that. He has an online course. Unfortunately it is for organ, not guitar. That means the market is a small fraction of what it would be for guitar lessons, thus the price needed to cover the expense of filming and production is much higher. Much higher. Have to say though, if I was young and just starting out as a keyboardist this could be a very valuable course. But, I'm in my mid-60's and anything I learn from it would be forgotten by next month.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

On 10/10/2023 at 4:07 AM, Adan said:

I'd definitely steal some of his licks, which is probably the highest compliment I can give.  

If we pretend for a moment that we really have to decide who's "best," who are his rivals? I wouldn't compare his to anyone playing jazz.  It has to be blues or blues-rock. I also wouldn't compare him to anyone who is not leading their own group. I you played like that in a supporting role your bandmates would tell you to chill out or split.

So is it Lachy Doly versus Grace Potter for the championship? Is there anyone else in this race? Does anyone really care?

Lee Michaels? 

5 hours ago, o0Ampy0o said:

Lee Michaels? 

Can't talk about the history of vocalist / organ players without bringing Lee Michaels into it, though in my opinion Lee is more like a singer who also plays whereas Lachy is a player who also sings. And of course Greg Allman takes it even further in the direction of singing talent overshadowing all else.

So guys,  I think we need to wrap this discussion up so that we have a few days before the next "how can anyone not love Lachy Doly?" thread.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

4 hours ago, Adan said:

Can't talk about the history of vocalist / organ players without bringing Lee Michaels into it, though in my opinion Lee is more like a singer who also plays whereas Lachy is a player who also sings. And of course Greg Allman takes it even further in the direction of singing talent overshadowing all else.

So guys,  I think we need to wrap this discussion up so that we have a few days before the next "how can anyone not love Lachy Doly?" thread.

Nope... All ready to start a new one as soon as this one dies out.... (j/k)

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D