Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Canceled the Mojo order, sprung for the Lester K

tucktronix

Hi guys,

With the expected arrival of the Mojo61 constantly being pushed back, I've had some time to think. Maybe that little extra dough might be better spent on other stuff. After listening to some great sounding demos of the Lester K pedal(and the price certainly didn't hurt), I have decided to cancel the order for the Mojo and get the Lester K since I still have my Korg CX3.

Now I'm on the hunt for a used or refurb Macbook Pro and will be getting Logic Pro

Kronos 88 Platinum, Yamaha YC88, Subsequent 37, Korg CX3, Hydrasynth 49-key, Nord Electro 5D 73, QSC K8.2, Lester K

Me & The Boyz

Chris Beard Band

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's using your noodle, sure check it out....you can always re-order the MOJO!

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

You're my hero Chris. If you can do it...

Self restraint, what a concept. I haven't bought anything this year and I'm not buying anything music related until I sell something. Anything new is going to funded by selling something else, period. THAT'S IT, I'M DONE!! I swear...

Bob

Hammond SK1, Mojo 61, Kurzweil PC3, Korg Pa3x, Roland FA06, Band in a Box, Real Band, Studio One, too much stuff...

Just curious, you use to run the CX3 with a Vent (as I recall). What makes you think that the CX3 Lester K combo is going to sound better than the CX3 Vent combo? If you didn't think that the CX3 Vent combo was good enough and you were looking for a Mojo then I don't think that this new combo is going to get you there either. MTC (my two cents).

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

Just curious, you use to run the CX3 with a Vent (as I recall). What makes you think that the CX3 Lester K combo is going to sound better than the CX3 Vent combo? If you didn't think that the CX3 Vent combo was good enough and you were looking for a Mojo then I don't think that this new combo is going to get you there either. MTC (my two cents).

I originally sold the Vent for the "all-in-one" package that is the Mojo61. It would've been used for the Rhodes ep's as well as the Hammond sounds. I miss my Vent, but the Lester K sounds just as good for half the price.

Kronos 88 Platinum, Yamaha YC88, Subsequent 37, Korg CX3, Hydrasynth 49-key, Nord Electro 5D 73, QSC K8.2, Lester K

Me & The Boyz

Chris Beard Band

but the Lester K sounds just as good for half the price.

Have you seen

video of Mike Matthews - founder of Electro Harmonix? It doesn't show off the pedal all that great, but it's fun to watch. What a character.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

I think Mitch Towne has inspired the second look at the Lester K that it probably deserved from the start, but was perhaps overlooked with the price being so competitive.

Chatting up the Lester K and others in this thread,

https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2780974/Leslie_Sim_Shootout_Mojo_vs_Ve#Post2780974

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Hi guys,

With the expected arrival of the Mojo61 constantly being pushed back, I've had some time to think. Maybe that little extra dough might be better spent on other stuff. After listening to some great sounding demos of the Lester K pedal(and the price certainly didn't hurt), I have decided to cancel the order for the Mojo and get the Lester K since I still have my Korg CX3.

Now I'm on the hunt for a used or refurb Macbook Pro and will be getting Logic Pro

Are you getting the regular or the deluxe, which is only $40 more? The added features definitely look worth it.

http://www.sweetwater.com/images/items/750/Lester-G-large.jpg

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

The G is designed with guitar in mind. I don't see drastic variations in volume from key to key on an organ, and I'm not sure I'd want to squash it when a bunch of notes and smears are building up some balls. Useful on other tones though perhaps, like clav or Wurly. Which the CX3 doesn't do, it's the Mojo61 that has a few extra tones. And supposedly the 61's onboard Leslie negates the need for a Leslie stomp box, but the jury is out on that with some folks yet too.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

The G is designed with guitar in mind. I don't see drastic variations in volume from key to key on an organ, and I'm not sure I'd want to squash it when a bunch of notes and smears are building up some balls.

OK, I didn't realize that. But controlling the rate of acceleration would be useful.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

Given and of the recent QC reports on Crumar/GSI we're seeing on FB at he moment, you may be wise holding off until it's resolved.

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

Given and of the recent QC reports on Crumar/GSI we're seeing on FB at he moment, you may be wise holding off until it's resolved.

Hi Aidan, I'd also look to see some user comments regarding quality control etc. I'm interested because I'm still waiting for mine in Canada. Thanks!

Rotary Cab pedal manufacturers could do themselves a huge favor by adding dual acceleration rates.

One of the huge sells for me on the HX-3 was the 2 levels to horn and baffle, spread, drive and total control of both ramps on the 122 emulation.

If I only had 2 mono outs, for horn and baffle, I could have been a contender.

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic

A problem is reported here, referring to "glitches":

https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/2782508/Searchpage/1/Main/185278/Words/Mojo/Search/true/Re_Crumar_Mojo_61_Review_LONG#Post2782508

"I have had some weird glitches with it that have just as mysteriously resolved themselves. I've reported these to Andrea. One could have been a showstopper, but turning it off and back on fixed it."

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on the Gemini table top.

Why?

From reading your posts over the past few years, I know that you are a tonewheel connoisseur, and have spent many hours tweaking your Hammond sound to get the absolute best out of your Kurz/Vent rig. I have no doubt that it is as good as can be gotten.

Are you not happy? Are you searching for a Holy Grail for yourself or for your audience? Because I guarantee that no one in your audience can tell/knows/gives a shit about the minute differences in key click or whether the fast decay of the percussion isn't fast enough.

I'm not picking on you, Dave. I've never heard you play, and I have a lot of respect for your knowledge of Hammonds, and VAST programming. And believe me, I understand GAS. But it seems to me that a lot of organ-centric posters here at KC will never be happy.

The issues I mentioned have surfaced on the Clonewheel Organ Group on FB in the last week or so. To summarise the various cases:

* Model arrived with a loose face plate and V3 and C2 red lights missing. Ordered from Sweetwater, who replaced the unit;

* Organ arrived with badly scratched keys. Replaced by dealer (unspecified);

* 'Mojo died on me'. Owner contacted Crumar, who repaired it FoC out of warranty;

* Organ arrived with flaw in paint fired up, lights blinked, no sound. Same example also had issues with alignment of lower manual, with unequal gaps between the ends of the keybed and sideblocks.

* On same thread, another user reported that his Mojo had also arrived with a paint flaw but he had decided to live with it. The same person also has a loose screw or nut rolling around the inside of his instrument and was agonising about whether to open it up to locate/retrieve whatever was rattling.

* On a related note, on the same group, a member reported problems with his GSI Burn: power supply jack not straight and sometimes loses contact, overly tight jack plugs for the audio in/out and front sticker has already lifted from lower right corner.

So, while it seems that the dealers (and Crumar) are doing the right thing when problems arise, some significant questions remain over the quality control of these products.

I don't recall if I posted about this on this forum, but when I purchased a new Mojo recently (replacing a used model that had other issues), I heard a loose bit of metal rolling around. I eventually opened up the Mojo and found a very small piece of metal. I then sent photo to Andrea and asked him whether I should be concerned.

This was his reply:

"What we have there is a part of the metal work of the 2nd keyboard aluminium support: we use to remove them before assembly but sometimes it is hard to remove, we are unable to do and it goes away during shipment or moving of the box/organ.

Nothing to be concern about... don't worry."

FWIW, another forum member here told me it was good that I removed it because it could have caused a short.

I hasten to add that I am still a very big fan of the Mojo and think that the support I've received from Crumar has been excellent.

So if Hammond left bits of pieces of metal rolling around inside their instruments, because they sometimes find them difficult to remove pre-shipment, we'd all be fine with that?

Aidan, LOL !

That would be a shitstorm!!!

;-)

A functional QC wouldn't sign that

"ready for shipping"....

Studio: Hammond XK5-XLK5,  Roland Fantom 8, Kurzweil PC3A6, Prophet 5, Moog Sub37, Neo Vent, HX3-Expander, LB Organ Grinder

Live: Yamaha CP88, Yamaha Motif Rack ES, Hammond SKX Pro, Hammond XB2-HX3,  Kurzweil PC3-61, Leslie 251, Roland SA1000, Neo Vent2

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on the Gemini table top.

Why?.....

Aside from the VB3 upgrade, the modeled electro-mechanicals and the hybrid acoustic piano, brass, saxes, strings and VA are 95% of what I use playing classic rock. It allows me to shed the Vent. It also allows me to upgrade in a less expensive way with pretty much the targeted sounds I'd like to have upgraded.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

I had a CX-3 once that had a few keyboard weights come unglued at the same time and were rolling around inside while on its way to a new buyer.

Here for the gear.

So if Hammond left bits of pieces of metal rolling around inside their instruments, because they sometimes find them difficult to remove pre-shipment, we'd all be fine with that?
Not according to Jason... :snax:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

"What we have there is a part of the metal work of the 2nd keyboard aluminium support: we use to remove them before assembly but sometimes it is hard to remove, we are unable to do and it goes away during shipment or moving of the box/organ.

Nothing to be concern about... don't worry."

Sounds like a great way to release the magic smoke.

Live: Yamaha S70XS (#1); Roland Jupiter-80; Mackie 1202VLZ4: IEMs or Traynor K4

Home: Hammond SK Pro 73; Moog Minimoog Voyager Electric Blue; Yamaha S70XS (#2); Wurlitzer 200A

Not according to Jason... :snax:

Joe you got to admit it's kind of true. Aidan beat me to it. I am not at work! :)

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

I have a Mojo61 and a Gemini tabletop. Both are flawless and have no issues whatsoever. As has been previously stated, Crumar is going through a huge growth spurt and having to gear up production in a big way. It sounds like a few QC are getting through, which of course is unacceptable. In their defense, they are quick to do what they can to solve these problems quickly and painlessly for their customers. I'm sure they're listening carefully to all of these comments and will hopefully address production issues as they arise. Some of the problems that Aidan mentioned may have been caused in shipping and handling, so that could happen to anyone. The Mojo61 is awesome, and I am an early adopter. I have no regrets or reservations. Cheers, Ken

Archived