Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

4 hours ago, Stokely said:

Kurzweil Forte 7, bought used through Guitar Center...

I got one recently myself, to replace Arturia Keylab 88. Love the action. Just getting started incorporating the sounds into the setup.

~ vonnor

Gear:

Hardware: Nord Stage3, Korg Kronos 2, Novation Summit

Software: Cantabile 3, Halion Sonic 3 and assorted VST plug-ins.

Oddly enough, Spitfire Audio's Cimbalom. Its a very pure thing with huge character. How good a player I might become is TBD, but I expect to come close to part of what it does best. Boost the reverb and it becomes classically mysterious, oooo.....

• Like 1

"You seem pretty calm about all that."
 "Well, inside, I'm screaming.
    ~ "The Lazarus Project"

Not keyboard related, but some new heads for my drum kit.  Went with some Evans Hydraulics for the toms, an EMAD2 for the kick, and an EC2 coated for the snare.

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, MX61/Korg Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

On 11/4/2021 at 2:27 PM, Brad Kaenel said:

I've owned many Rhodes pianos in my day, and even a CP80 (some of you may remember the old "Four Brothers" photo of my music room). Those old friends are all gone now, but these new ones arrived yesterday...

Courtesy of the brilliant artwork of Daniel Kerson at Musical Brick -- definitely check out his creations.

Also these "official" kits: Fender Strat, Grand Piano

Sweet!  Thanks for the link.   Debating whether I want to risk shipping to Brazil, but some really interesting models.   What Lego piece did they use for the sharps and flats in the keyboard.  

I do have the grand piano and the Fender.   There's been some lego sets with some music scenes (Assembly square with the piano and music store, and one of the town square sets with the band), but this is a whole other level.  

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

8DIO Century Brass Ensemble/Solo Bundle

REMO Fiberskyn Frame Drum - 14"

Promark SPYR SM3 Medium Marimba Mallets

• Like 1

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76| Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT, Kurzweil PC4 (88)

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

I picked up a Yamaha P121 last week.  It's portable (73 keys, 22 lbs) with basic GHS weighted action.   It has good AP and Rhodes sounds, and decent onboard speakers with 1/4" outputs.  It's easy to split and layer any of the 24 onboard sounds.  It also has USB midi and audio so only one USB cable cable is needed hook up to an Ipad for more sounds.

Gigs: Nord 5D 73, Kurz PC4-7 & SP4-7, Hammond SK1, Yamaha MX88 & P121, Numa Compact 2x, Casio CGP700, QSC K12, Yamaha DBR10, JBL515xt(2). Alto TS310(2)

On 2/10/2022 at 12:54 AM, HSS said:

I picked up a Yamaha P121 last week.  It's portable (73 keys, 22 lbs) with basic GHS weighted action.   It has good AP and Rhodes sounds, and decent onboard speakers with 1/4" outputs.  It's easy to split and layer any of the 24 onboard sounds.  It also has USB midi and audio so only one USB cable cable is needed hook up to an Ipad for more sounds.

Great pickup.  Lots of bang for the buck and really the only option for weighted 73 keys in that price range.

Santa brought some soft-toys for the holidays …

Spitfire Audio BBC Symphony Orchestra Pro

Spitfire Audio Eric Whitacre Choir

Spitfire Audio Aperture - The Stack

Knif Audio Knifonium

Seventh Heaven Reverb

Audiority Xenoverb

Valhalla Shimmer Reverb

Izotope Ozone 9 Advanced

Izotope Neutron 3 Advanced

I've been a baaaaaad boy lately. Two weeks ago I got an Akai MPC Live 2. Yesterday I ordered an Elektron Octatrack MK2. Still on the waiting list for a Roland SP-404 Mk2. Gassing for a 1010Music Black Box. ... ... (Sigh) I kicked the synth habit and now I'm addicted to samplers. :P

Hmmm. Just noticed that MK2's are the hot new item.

• Like 2

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Traded my Alesis Nitro electronic kit for this monster.

Pearl 2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Cool 2

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, MX61/Korg Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

I bought a Poly D about 6 months ago and it's been sitting in it's box unopened all this time (I know, there goes my keyboard card). I've been in the process of rearranging the whole house. The studio is my last project and I'm trying to take my time and do it right. I couldn't resist the temptation any longer though. As I was moving boxes around, there she was. Calling my name! Begging to get undressed for me. So I unboxed her, set her up on a temporary stand and plugged her in. WOW! That's some fat/phat shit right there. I remember the original Minimoog back in the 70s and this was damn close (as my feeble memory will allow me to). And then ... I kicked in the Chorus and O.M.G. - if you thought it was fat before, sheesh! Anyway, thought I'd share my quick first impression. Now I've got a Wavestate that has barely been played (had for a year now) that needs my loving attention and affection. So if ya'll will excuse me ...

• Like 1

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

Last week, I found out Moog is discontinuing the Matriarch Dark so I grabbed one while quantities still last. 😁 

Figured I could either keep and play the h8ll out of the Matriarch or put it back in the box after confirrming that it works and store until it triples in value🤣😎

• Like 3
  • Cool 2

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Just bought a MODX7; getting older, needed a lighter setup than my NE5HP (down to 9 kg including the bag from 15 Kg). Also needed some more different kind of sound for one of the projets i am in. I'll get used to the keyboard .... 🙃

Nord Wave 2, Nord Electro 6D 61,, Rameau upright,  Hammond Pro44H Melodica.

Too many Arturia, NI and AAS plugins

http://www.barbogio.org/

https://barbogio.bandcamp.com/follow_me

1 hour ago, mauriziodececco said:

Just bought a MODX7; getting older, needed a lighter setup than my NE5HP (down to 9 kg including the bag from 15 Kg). Also needed some more different kind of sound for one of the projets i am in. I'll get used to the keyboard .... 🙃

great keyboard.  lot of libraries you can buy for it.

I told my therapist I was coping with depression by window shopping for synths, and he said “well, as long as you’re not emptying your wallet…”

398F35F7-AF75-4639-A435-F5F2CC6662F2.thumb.jpeg.2afe8bdfe2b9e1dd26475e226ff9c879.jpeg

Anyway this Korg Prologue 8 belongs to me now and I am having a blast with it.

• Like 5

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

On 2/2/2022 at 8:22 AM, Stokely said:

Kurzweil Forte 7, bought used through Guitar Center.   I'm really enjoying it so far, I have 40+ days to find something wrong with it or else back it goes :)  So far everything's great and it even looks close to new.   This is the ideal size for a gigging keyboard IMO considering the stages I play on can sometimes be tight.   And while its heavy, it has a very convenient lip along the bottom in the back that makes it very easy to pick up.

Assuming its a keeper, it will replace an ancient Studiologic SL-990 controller I have owned since the mid-90s :)  It finally gave up the ghost, but it's kind of nice that the Forte has just about the same TP-40 action.

Bro, mine fits in the back of my full size SUV (Yukon) with a hard case without having to lay down a single seat. That’s a winner in my book.

ivorycj

Main stuff: Yamaha CP88 | Korg Kronos 2 73 | Kurzweil Forte 7 | 1898 Steinway I

The Moog Loves You sale proved to be irresistible to me.   I ordered a Subharmonicon for $149 off.  It arrived last night.  Spent a good chunk of the evening messing with it.

I expect to spend the next several months trying out all the patch cards shipped with it, then gradually patching it with the Matriarch.

• Love 1

Living the cheap live, ... sort of. Ordered a pair of the Behringer Arp 2500 1004 eurorack oscillators. Been impossible to find in the US. Finally ordered from a store in Germany. Shipping is a bit harsh but that gives me a full sound path of the 2500 series. I have 7 of those modules, purchased form 4 different locations.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

5 hours ago, TheophilusCarter said:

I have a  Roland VR-730 on the way.

gallery_vr-730_main.jpg

I'd love to have one if only the drawbars sent MIDI CC messages instead of sysex, than it would be a great single board controller, and it looks good too.

• Like 2

Instruments: Walters Grand Console Upright Piano circa 1950 something, Kurzweil PC4-88, Ibanez TMB-100
Studio Gear: Audient EVO16, JBL 305P MKII monitors, assorted microphones, Reaper

Going into the percussion world a smidge more. Alesis SamplePad Pro, Gibraltar 6713E stand with some mounting stuff, and an 8" dual zone tom pad from an Alesis Strike kit (the snare pads are overpriced and I don't like the feel of the cheaper Alesis snare pads). I already have a kick pedal.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76| Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT, Kurzweil PC4 (88)

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments