Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2012-2013 Thread

Geoff Grace

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So... who's setting up the Pick 'Em Pool this year (not me)?

DONE! :taz:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem/register/joingroup

Group name on Yahoo is :Keyboard Corner

Group ID#: 8180

Group Password: plasticjerry

I dropped the tiebreaker option where you pick two game scores. I'll change it if anyone really wants it.

Fixed.

Y'all gotta quit trying to link directly to the group when it's password-protected.

I just got back from a tour of Reliant Stadium, including getting to go on the roof! 242 ft above sea level. :)

It was cool because who gets to go up there? We also got to see many of the different suites, clubs, and press rooms, coaches boxes, etc.

These photos are on Facebook, but they should be publicly viewable.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151157013794853.514939.664374852&type=3&l=d37b7ac578

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Just a brief note to say that week one of the pre-season is done.

Brief note #2: I don't care about pre-season, and find it meaningless (or worse, misleading about how good/bad your team is).

Brief note #3: The only redeeming factors about pre-season are a) getting to see your bench players for possibly the only time all year, and b) getting me back into a mindset to watch and analyze the NFL.

Brief note #4: The list of factors against pre-season are too long to even list here.

I usually lose interest once they pull the starters. I might pay attention if there's someone interesting they're evaluating later in the game, such as for the Texans, former UH QB Case Keenum. It sounds like he has a decent shot at getting the 3rd string.

Also, if there's nothing else on TV, NFL in HD makes for purdy background. :)

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Im just sooooooo so thankfull I had the Olympics to carry me this deep into the new (pre)season! ! !

I didn't count the days til the season, or camp or the 1st televised game etc. I didn't log into NFL sites for daily updates of "camp footage". Wasn't concerened a bit about Luck & RG3..

I just sat back and enjoyed amatuer competition in its highest form!! The elder statesmen splendor of Phelps and Bolt. All the wonderous new stars and teams of the world.. Was big fun!!

And nowwwwwwwww it begins!!! NFL FOOTBALL baby!!!!

TROLL . . . ish.

Even watching the starters doesnt do it for me, since there is no game planning or scheming, so results are meaningless....

I have been watching the CFL, so at least some football :)

NORD STAGE 2, IPAD 2 with lots of soft syths

Roland td9 expanded

Guitars, basses, Pod Xtl, GT-10b

Garritan, Reason, Symphonic Choirs , Cubase, Sibelius

Three shelter cats

I kind of enjoyed the Monday night game, the Cowboys couldn't protect Romo for squat! :P

I usually enjoy the Jets-Giants preseason game for the hometown rivalry business. For some reason it's this Saturday and not its customary third week game where the starters play for at least a half. For me it's fun to watch the young guys try to make the Giants team in preseason. Very litte fun, but better than nothing.

It is kind of staggering how much coverage the NFL gets. Since June or even earlier, I have noticed that the NFL offseason got more time on ESPN than the MLB season in progress. Now, that balance is not even close. Jets camp in the sleepy upstate town of Cortland, NY, gets more coverage than MLB entire.
Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

A quick note: the regular season starts two weeks from tomorrow. Dallas will take on NYG on Wednesday Sep 5.

If you have yet to sign up for the Pick 'Em Pool, do so here and now:

ALSO: I'll be happy to do the minor commissioner duties for our Survival Pool, if you are interested in playing.

I'm already signed up for KC2012 Fantasy and Pick 'Em Pool so it is only right that I participate in the Survival Pool too. Thanks for setting them up fellas. :thu::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

I would just like to add GO STEELERS to this thread. That is all

=)

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/292308_4500378546800_2008807386_n.jpg

Did he steal that from James Harrison?

A quick note: the regular season starts two weeks from tomorrow. Dallas will take on NYG on Wednesday Sep 5.

If you have yet to sign up for the Pick 'Em Pool, do so here and now:

ALSO: I'll be happy to do the minor commissioner duties for our Survival Pool, if you are interested in playing.

In. :cool:

Thanks, Jeff! :thu:

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

I'm wondering if and when the "official" refs come back to work; won't they have missed their own preseason? The replacement crews are getting the gametime prep the real guys (I assume) need to get their own act together. Seems to me that when they do get back, we're going to get some lousy officiating for a stretch.

I really don't think the replacements have done that bad of a job. They're disorganized no doubt, but when it comes down to calling plays, are they really that much of a drop-off from the regulars? :idk

They're disorganized no doubt, but when it comes down to calling plays, are they really that much of a drop-off from the regulars? :idk
The one preseason game I saw, they subs were TERRIBLE. They were missing blatant calls that any rookie high school ref woulda called.
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

They're disorganized no doubt, but when it comes down to calling plays, are they really that much of a drop-off from the regulars? :idk
The one preseason game I saw, they subs were TERRIBLE. They were missing blatant calls that any rookie high school ref woulda called.

OK last night the zebras made the Giants run a play with 0:00 time left in the 1st quarter after a defensive penalty. They had time to check with some rules expert on the sideline, and still ran a play like it was the end of the half. No explanation. It was weird.

The Giants have challenges in their secondary, again. Prince Amukamara got carted off the field last night, hopefully just with a mild sprain. CB Terrell Thomas was re-injured earlier in camp, and 3rd rounder Jayron Hosley got hurt after celebrating a sweet interception TD return against the Jets. They started last season with difficult secondary problems, so nothing new here.

Offensively, they are looking good, great, better! Rookie RB David Wilson started last night and oh, da moves! Ramses Barden (6 6), a guy Giant fans have been hoping would develop, looks like he might have arrived. Martellus Bennett from the Cowboys has looked good, rookie Reuben Randle has great hands, plus we still have Cruz, Hixon and Nicks

I believe the Giants are better at this time than last year. Hard to improve over a SB victory, but they should challenge that 9-7 record

When is 9-7 better than 15-1? When it gets you far enough to make the playoffs and win the Super Bowl.

That 15-1 record didn't do the Packers much good last year. It's more important to figure out how to get past the Giants in the playoffs...

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

The Giants have challenges in their secondary, again. Prince Amukamara got carted off the field last night, hopefully just with a mild sprain. CB Terrell Thomas was re-injured earlier in camp, and 3rd rounder Jayron Hosley got hurt after celebrating a sweet interception TD return against the Jets. They started last season with difficult secondary problems, so nothing new here.

Offensively, they are looking good, great, better! Rookie RB David Wilson started last night and oh, da moves! Ramses Barden (6 6), a guy Giant fans have been hoping would develop, looks like he might have arrived. Martellus Bennett from the Cowboys has looked good, rookie Reuben Randle has great hands, plus we still have Cruz, Hixon and Nicks

I believe the Giants are better at this time than last year. Hard to improve over a SB victory, but they should challenge that 9-7 record

UGH I didn't see the game and didn't see that Prince got hurt. We can ill afford another year of secondary depletion. You are right though about the offense: what a batch of weapons at the disposal of a QB who looks ready to become one of those "total command" guys.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

TO was cut by the Seahawks. Stick a fork in him; he's done.

Speaking of the Seahawks, I think they're going to be surprisingly decent in the NFC West this year. Good enough to get past SF? I guess we'll wait and see.

Amazing, the waiver wire consists of Chad Johnson and TO, who were a tandem as starters just two years ago. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Amazing, the waiver wire consists of Chad Johnson and TO, who were a tandem as starters just two years ago. :laugh::cool:
Yeah, and two receivers a lot of cats would have wanted as a tandem on their fantasy team 3 or 4 years ago....
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

Yeah, and two receivers a lot of cats would have wanted as a tandem on their fantasy team 3 or 4 years ago....

Well, the Black Cats are NOT going to take a flyer on them now...:)

NORD STAGE 2, IPAD 2 with lots of soft syths

Roland td9 expanded

Guitars, basses, Pod Xtl, GT-10b

Garritan, Reason, Symphonic Choirs , Cubase, Sibelius

Three shelter cats

Archived