Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2012-2013 Thread

Geoff Grace

FG was a coin flip, for sure, but what the Ravens got away with on the field was atrocious. There is no doubt in my mind John Harbaugh told his guys "Do whatever you have to, they're not going to call everything"

I'm serious - the last 3 Ravens offensive drives, there was not a single play where either Ninkovich or Jones or both were NOT being held or outright tackled to the ground by the respective OT's blocking them. Every. Single. Play.

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sad part for the league is that, being a night game, you know this was one of their 'better' officiating crews.

That said, I think they got the field goal right. Looked to pass over the inside half of the post to me, every time they replayed it. The Pats melted down, plain and simple.Baltimore should never have gotten back in that game. Now they have the same record as the Colts, who proved yesterday they really are terrible. :laugh:

A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

FG looked good to me, but the amount of holding on both sides was ridiculous. Glad the refs though did get control over the post-play skirmishes...

over/under for Belicheck's fine for grabbing an offical after the game?

NORD STAGE 2, IPAD 2 with lots of soft syths

Roland td9 expanded

Guitars, basses, Pod Xtl, GT-10b

Garritan, Reason, Symphonic Choirs , Cubase, Sibelius

Three shelter cats

GO RAIDERS

Seriously. What the hell happened up there? I watched it and I still don't believe it.

I'm sure there are one or two other teams fan bases that feel similarly this morning. On both sides of the W/L column.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

GO RAIDERS

Seriously. What the hell happened up there? I watched it and I still don't believe it.

I certainly didn't pick them to win. I don't get this team at all. Next weekend at Denver should be interesting. I have no idea what's going to happen.

Some good news: they released Darrius Heyward-Bey from the hospital. That was a scary hit. As long as we're talking refs, it might have been had Mundy been penalized on a completely illegal helmet-to-helmet hit on DHB.

There's some talk of the hit on Schaub, how fast he returned to the field afterwards and the NFL's supposed concussion test...

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

That was an INT, and offensive pass interference on Golden Tate. I can't believe it....and the penalty that kept Seattle's last drive alive was totally wrong....and the penalties that kept the GB drive alive were wrong....

I'm not a fan of either team. As a football fan, this just sucks.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Btw, how 'bout some props to the Seahawks defense.

Also, if the refs don't overturn Rogers "non-first down" at the goal line, the Pack has to settle for a field goal, and the Seahawks end up winning 10-9 instead of 14-12.

Btw, how 'bout some props to the Seahawks defense.

Also, if the refs don't overturn Rogers "non-first down" at the goal line, the Pack has to settle for a field goal, and the Seahawks end up winning 10-9 instead of 14-12.

The review was correct.

Seattle's D in the first half was freaking ridiculous. That was some sick D.

A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

The sadistic side of me wants to keep these replacements refs all season just to see how bad it will get. It's clear these guys are in way over their heads.

I couldn't help but laugh every time they showed the replay of the final play tonight. Jennings and Tate are fighting for the ball, two refs come running up...there's a moment where the two refs look at each other and kind of nod, as if to say "we got this." Then, in perfect sync with each other, one ref proceeds to signal TD while the other signals touchback (in other words, INT). That little moment was perfect. It summed this whole thing up better than words ever could. It was like a well-scripted comedy come to life.

Seahawk's QB Russell Wilson:

I had a feeling it was going to be a touchdown, Wilson told ESPN after the game ended. We came too far for it not to be a touchdown.

Yes, officials will now include effort and "what it took to get there" when judging calls. Forget replay and all that other stuff, they deserved it.

Yes, officials will now include effort and "what it took to get there" when judging calls. Forget replay and all that other stuff, they deserved it.

There it is...a voice of reason. :D

Maybe the league conspiracy against the Seahawks is FINALLY coming to an end.

But probably not.

Frankly, I'm less disappointed in the replacement officials than I am in the Packers offense. The unit that dominated opponents last year should not have been in the position to lose this game on a blown call.

True, Seattle has improved, and its defense looked great; but that's not the whole story. Green Bay has lost its way.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Check out the tweets by TJ Lang (not safe for ... whatever)

"Got f***ed by the refs.. Embarrassing. Thanks nfl"

"Fuck it NFL.. Fine me and use the money to pay the regular refs."

"Any player/coach in Seattle that really thinks they won that game has zero integrity as a man and should be embarrassed."

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Fall has begun, though you couldnt really tell here in overly-warm Southern California. Nevertheless, were already at week 3 of the NFL season, so heres our weekly recap of NFL/Forum fun with Tuesday Morning Keyboard Cornerback!

SURVIVAL POOL

Almost everyone to whom Ive been speaking lately have already had their Survival Pools end. Im not kidding; the upsets that have taken out so many of you people have taken their toll all over the sports fan world. And we are down to just two: myself and Shaka. The upsets of the Saints and Niners this week took out Geoff Grace, antimatter, and Bridog. Ill be surprised if Shaka or I can keep it rolling for much longer.

Jeff Klopmeyer: Baltimore -- WON, Houston -- WON, Chicago -- WON

SHaka40: Detroit -- WON, Cincinnati -- WON, Buffalo -- WON

Geoff Grace: Chicago -- WON, Green Bay -- WON, San Francisco -- LOST (ELIMINATED)

antimatter: Houston -- WON, NY Giants -- WON, New Orleans -- LOST (ELIMINATED)

Bridog6996: Chicago -- WON, Green Bay -- WON, New Orleans -- LOST (ELIMINATED)

dB: Detroit -- WON, New England -- LOST (ELIMINATED)

sakari lindhen: Detroit -- WON, New England -- LOST (ELIMINATED)

kanker: Chicago -- WON, New England -- LOST (ELIMINATED)

Magpel: Detroit -- WON, New England -- LOST (ELIMINATED)

steadyb: Detroit -- WON, New England -- LOST (ELIMINATED)

GovernorSilver: Houston -- WON, Oakland -- LOST (ELIMINATED)

ProfD: NY Giants -- LOST (ELIMINATED)

Mizu: Carolina -- LOST (ELIMINATED)

Mark Zeger: Carolina -- LOST (ELIMINATED)

Griffinator: Carolina -- LOST (ELIMINATED)

PICK EM POOL

Congrats to antimatter, who bounced back from a rough week two to dominate week three! His 11-win week is the best any of us have done in this wacky season. A nod to the prognostication efforts of Allyourpicksarebelongtous with his 9 wins. This weeks Ballsy Pick of the Week is a 4-way tie. Bridog and Geoff Grace picked Jacksonville to beat Indy, while antimatter and I both selected Seattle over Green Bay. Only two teams were chosen unanimously to win: Pittsburgh and San Francisco. They both lost, of course.

With our up-and-down weekly performances so far, no one is jumping very far ahead or falling far behind. Here are the weekly results with the season total in parenthesis.

1. antimatter 11 (24)

2. Allyourpicksarebelongtous 9 (24)

3. Magpel 7 (21)

4. ProfD 7 (23)

5. bridog 6 (19)

6. GovernorSilver 6 (21)

7. Geoff Grace 6 (20)

8. kanker 6 (21)

9. JeffDaWeaselNFL2012 6 (21)

10.Saku 5 (18)

11. Mizu 5 (21)

12. dB 4 (18)

13. WhoDat!? 3 (18)

DIVISIONAL MUSINGS

As you should know by now, my more general NFL thoughts can be found on my blog. See this weeks shenanigans here.

Archived