Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2012-2013 Thread

Geoff Grace

NFL Fans Excited To Finally Bitch About Regular Referees

NEW YORKAfter three controversy-filled weeks, the NFL finally reached a deal with its locked-out officials Thursday, sparking waves of excitement from fans longing to bitch and complain about non-replacement referees again. Its about damn time, I was starting to wonder if Id ever get the chance to call the regular refs a bunch of blind-as-fuck dips#!^s again, said Jets fan Herb Krzynski, adding that it just hasnt felt the same threatening to injure replacement officials in the parking lot after games. Honestly, it was hurting the integrity of the game to have us terrorizing the family members of those replacement referees on Facebook. Its going to feel so much better doing that to the normal referees. When reached for comment, several of the replacement referees also expressed their excitement to return to officiating at high school and junior college games where they get bitched at by real fans instead of drunk corporate pricks in $900 seats.

[The Onion, of course]

:D

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if there is going to be some transition issues going back to old refs.

Players have been getting away with a lot of stuff by pushing the envelope across the board.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

1) The pace of the games will be even slower this week, as the old refs flag literally everything in an attempt to regain control.

2) There will be just as many missed and blown calls because the old refs are completely out of practice. They've missed almost two months of the season already, and are being injected into this week's games cold.

Everyone's cheering their return now. Let's see if we're still cheering after this weekend.

Probably a lot of illegal contact downfield and holding penalties at first, as the players developed bad habit - and the refs need to get up to speed. Let's give them a week before hitting the roof again! :)

NORD STAGE 2, IPAD 2 with lots of soft syths

Roland td9 expanded

Guitars, basses, Pod Xtl, GT-10b

Garritan, Reason, Symphonic Choirs , Cubase, Sibelius

Three shelter cats

There are those in Seattle, and around the country, who still believe that the Pittsburgh Steelers' 21-10 victory over the Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl XL in February, 2006 had an odor from the start. From Ben Roethlisberger's 1-yard rushing touchdown that was inconclusive even on review, to the phantom holding call on right tackle Sean Locklear that took a potential 98-yard touchdown drive away from Seattle, the calls made by the officiating crew in that game created a tapestry of suspicion that persists to this day. Some believe that the refs were told to call the game tight on the Seahawks and loose on the Steelers, a concept which exacerbated the mistakes Seattle made in the game.

Years later, head official Bill Leavy admitted that he blew at least two calls in that Super Bowl.

"It was a tough thing for me," Leavy said when he returned to Seattle to go through the rules changes for the 2010 season at the Seahawks' facility. "I kicked two calls in the fourth quarter and I impacted the game and as an official you never want to do that. It left me with a lot of sleepless nights and I think about it constantly. I'll go to my grave wishing that I'd been better. I know that I did my best at that time, but it wasn't good enough. When we make mistakes, you've got to step up and own them. It's something that all officials have to deal with, but unfortunately when you have to deal with it in the Super Bowl, it's difficult."

Monday night was not payback enough. We was robbed.

Screwed 2 out of 3 times...

Luckett's Folly

Gentlemen, this is not a football.

With 20 seconds left in their December 1998 game against the Seattle Seahawks, the New York Jets had one down left from Seattle's 5-yard line, and a 31-26 deficit. On that last play, Jets quarterback Vinny Testaverde -- who had thrown an amazing 63 passes in the game -- called his own number on a quarterback sneak. Stadium replays seemed to indicate Testaverde was stopped short on the play, but the score was called, and the Jets won, 32-31.

See? It's started already, and you guys did it before the game even started. :D

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

My imagination, or did last night's game just flow more smoothly and at a quicker pace than had been the norm this year?

Roland td9 expanded

Three shelter cats

In my auction draft quarterbacks went for high dollars I ended up with 2 quarterbacks that weren't really what I wanted.

This week I don't see either as having a very promising week this week. I can decide whether to start Romo or Newton. Both stunk last week also.

In my auction draft quarterbacks went for high dollars I ended up with 2 quarterbacks that weren't really what I wanted.

This week I don't see either as having a very promising week this week. I can decide whether to start Romo or Newton. Both stunk last week also.

Well, if you'd started Newton, you'd be in good shape. I don't know that Romo gets out alive tonight.

I started Newton. I should have started Colston but didn't. That cost me the win this week. Malcolm Floyd didn't do much and the GB defense was terrible against the pass.

I seem to have pulled out a narrow victory, despite leaving 40 points on the bench...better to be lucky then good...

Roland td9 expanded

Three shelter cats

Nice recovery for the Chargers, the following week after being stomped by the Falcons. Cassel threw one gift, but it looks like the other 5 turnovers were forced by the Charger D.

Good warmup game for the Saints game next week. That team may be winless, but it's still a dangerous opponent.

I'm all but writing off my chances this week. When your opponent picks up 52 points on one receiver (Roddy White) and their def (Houston), you're screwed.

I should curse myself like this more often, I think...

Not only did Dallas lose last night, but my son and I (neither of whom gives a singular f*** about Dallas or Chicago) were jumping up and down and hi-fiving after Marshall's TD followed by Romo's 5th pick followed by Romo and Murray being benched...

Welcome to Week 4. Im the Tuesday Morning Keyboard Cornerback. Lets rock.

SURVIVAL POOL

Despite having 87% of our Survival Pool get the death penalty in the first three weeks, the Pool lives on with Shaka and I keeping the torch lit. We both lived through week four, so now its on to week 5.

Jeff Klopmeyer: Baltimore -- WON, Houston -- WON, Chicago -- WON, Atlanta -- WON

SHaka40: Detroit -- WON, Cincinnati -- WON, Buffalo -- WON, New England -- WON

Geoff Grace: Chicago -- WON, Green Bay -- WON, San Francisco -- LOST (ELIMINATED)

antimatter: Houston -- WON, NY Giants -- WON, New Orleans -- LOST (ELIMINATED)

Bridog6996: Chicago -- WON, Green Bay -- WON, New Orleans -- LOST (ELIMINATED)

dB: Detroit -- WON, New England -- LOST (ELIMINATED)

sakari lindhen: Detroit -- WON, New England -- LOST (ELIMINATED)

kanker: Chicago -- WON, New England -- LOST (ELIMINATED)

Magpel: Detroit -- WON, New England -- LOST (ELIMINATED)

steadyb: Detroit -- WON, New England -- LOST (ELIMINATED)

GovernorSilver: Houston -- WON, Oakland -- LOST (ELIMINATED)

ProfD: NY Giants -- LOST (ELIMINATED)

Mizu: Carolina -- LOST (ELIMINATED)

Mark Zeger: Carolina -- LOST (ELIMINATED)

Griffinator: Carolina -- LOST (ELIMINATED)

PICK EM POOL

Our pal Magpel led the pack this week with 10 wins, followed closely by ProfD and kanker with 9 and WhoDat! and GovernorSilver with 8. This weeks BPOTW (Ballsy Pick of the Week, brought to you by Fox News and Monsanto) goes out to antimatter for getting a points-based win with Carolina. Nicely done!

Here are the weekly results with the season total in parenthesis. While its still early enough in the season that anything could happen, ProfD rides the top spot for now with a 32-28 record.

Magpel 10 (31)

ProfD 9 (32)

kanker 9 (30)

WhoDat!? 8 (26)

GovernorSilver 8 (29)

bridog 7 (26)

Geoff Grace 7 (27)

antimatter 7 (31)

Saku 6 (24)

Mizu 6 (27)

dB 6 (24)

JeffDaWeaselNFL2012 5 (26)

DIVISIONAL MUSINGS

As you should know by now, my more general NFL thoughts can be found on my blog. See this weeks shenanigans here.

Archived