Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2012-2013 Thread

Geoff Grace

Considering the lead never changed hands and the 49ers were down 22 points before the lights went out, it's impressive that we had yet another Super Bowl that came down to the final play.

It wasn't one of the best Super Bowls ever, but it was a good one nonetheless.

Best,

Geoff

All in all, a pretty exciting game- well, minus the power outage. Flacco, Bouldin, and Jones were outstanding.

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep, and part of that postseason success belongs to the new OC Jim Caldwell, since coach Cam Cameron's been fired a few weeks ago.

Yup. He definitely opened up the playbook in terms of the passing game. And as long as we're handing out credit, let's throw some Anquan Boldin's way. Can't even count the number of times he's bailed Flacco out by just out-muscling defenders who have otherwise perfect coverage. That 3rd down catch was the play of the game tonight in my opinion. SF had all the momentum at that point but that tough catch let Baltimore take a lot more time off the clock and eventually get a field goal out of the drive.

:thu:

TROLL . . . ish.

And let's not forget Baltimore's defense. If they hadn't hung tough in the red zone, we'd probably be talking about San Francisco's victorious comeback today.

Best,

Geoff

Yep, even after losing run-stuffer Haloti Ngata earlier in the game.

Kronos 88 Platinum, Yamaha YC88, Subsequent 37, Korg CX3, Hydrasynth 49-key, Nord Electro 5D 73, QSC K8.2, Lester K

Me & The Boyz

Chris Beard Band

Raven's co MVPs were Donte Whitner and Chris Culliver. The safeties sort of stunk it up in the 1st half.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

By the way, I noticed yesterday for the first time how similar the 49ers colors are to a bag of Fritos, as can be seen in this picture of their attempt to sack a bag:

http://www.geoffgrace.com/Pictures/FritoNiners.jpg

With corporate stadium nameslike Monster Parkbecoming ever more prominent, can it be long before we see a FritoNiners football team?

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

I was kinda rooting for SF. And this was in part because I predicted they would win it all, and I wanted to appear to be Nostradamus. But no, I'm reduced to a "reg'lar guy" now. :D

Good game except for the lights going out. Flacco looked unflappable and he and his team deserve the win. SF messed up a bit and didn't capitalize when they were in the red zone, and that run-back to start the second half didn't help either.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-400_162-57567385/super-bowl-power-outage-what-went-wrong/

About two hours after the game, officials revealed that an "abnormality" in the power system triggered an automatic shutdown, forcing backup systems to kick in. But they weren't sure what caused the initial problem.

Auxiliary power kept the playing field from going totally dark, but escalators stopped working, credit-card machines shut down, and the concourses were only illuminated by small banks of lights tied in to emergency service.

Most fans seemed to take the outage in stride, even starting up the wave to pass the time.

"So we had to spend 30 minutes in the dark? That was just more time for fans to refill their drinks," said Amanda Black of Columbus, Miss.

A joint statement from Entergy New Orleans, which provides power to the stadium, and Superdome operator SMG shed some light on the chain of events, which apparently started at the spot where Entergy feeds power into the stadium's lines. The problem occurred shortly after Beyonce put on a halftime show that featured extravagant lighting and video effects.

"A piece of equipment that is designed to monitor electrical load sensed an abnormality in the system," the statement said. "Once the issue was detected, the sensing equipment operated as designed and opened a breaker, causing power to be partially cut to the Superdome in order to isolate the issue. ... Entergy and SMG will continue to investigate the root cause of the abnormality."

an "abnormality" in the power system triggered an automatic shutdown

Um, you sure it wasn't B's head lighting engineer? ;):o:eek:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/02/04/article-2273043-1754B6C8000005DC-902_970x640.jpg

TROLL . . . ish.

This isn't as good as the previous two stories about him, but it's still cool.

Texans fan makes a wedding cake of J.J. Watt, then he seeks her out and meets her

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

It's a sad week for Packers fans. The greatest Packers receiver of all-timethe favorite target of the two best Packers quarterbacks everhas retired:

Donald Driver announces retirement

If Favre & Rodgers paralleled Montana & Young in back-to-back greatness, then Driver was Green Bay's Ricealmost as talented and every bit as likable.

He'll be sorely missed.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Archived