Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

Just purchased a Trek II UC-1A universal combo preamp to control both my Leslie 330 and 770. Wish I could also connect my 251 but it doesn't accommodate that specific model. Anyone want to trade their 122/147 Leslie for my 251?

'57 Hammond B-3, '60 Hammond A100, Leslie 251, Leslie 330, Leslie 770, Leslie 145, Hammond PR-40

Trek II UC-1A

Alesis QSR

Was tired of using cans so I got these for the studio. I thought I was going to hate them but for their price I'm very impressed.

http://www.sweetwater.com/images/items/350/ErisE4.5.jpg

Those are very nice, bluzeyone. I considered them a while ago but instead decided to buy a small Roland CM-30 PA for use at home. I'm still considering some monitor speakers but that purchase will be done a bit later.

Kawai MP7SE ::: Yamaha CK-61 ::: Novation Launchkey 61 ::: Roland CM-30 Speaker ::: Ipad Mini 5 with a lot of apps for live playing (Hammond B3-X, PianoTeq 8 iOS, Korg Module, Thumbjam, etc.)

TC Electronics Mic Mechanic. Form factor similar to a basic guitar pedal; does wonders on my somewhat challenged voice.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Well after a week with the Mopho, it still blows me away with how tweakable it is. Only complaints I can dig up are:

1. I wish the pots weren't incremental. Are all DSI boards like that? Is something I can live with. Sound quality trumps it for sure.

2. I can't get the software to jive with the unit. Lol! I'm sure is a user error but been trying for a couple days. Still no dice. ???

Other than that, love this frign thing! Tried it in Sonar and it records through my UR-22 very nice! ;)

"A good mix is subjective to one's cilia." http://hitnmiss.yolasite.com

Right on Stale! :thu: Be sure to share some footage when to link em. The moment I got it and heard its character I thought how fat it would sound with a Moog. Actually haven't checked the audio in out yet but have an old beat up Juno Id like to try it with. Some yammy patches too.

Yea that Tetra looks pysst! Bet it delivers! This is my first DS unit. If it proves durable, I'm definetly a fan! They really do have their own sou

nd going...and its a great one!

In my old Fantom XR I used to have (man do I wish I had it now!) My favorite solo patch was called "Stacked Prophets". Obviously sampled from the real deal. Now I know why after tapping in to them oscillators. Unbelievable!

"A good mix is subjective to one's cilia." http://hitnmiss.yolasite.com

• 1 month later...

After many months of watching U-toob digital piano demos at dangerous decibel levels, G.A.S. got the best of me with a great deal on an open box b-stock Kawai ES100. Just arrived yesterday! This is my first digital piano after 30 years of synth and organ keys. Wow! The thing is VERY expressive. I always somewhat dismissed it when someone told of weighted 88's making playing piano sounds a far better experience. Now I get it!

The sound is very good for fast intense playing, but the sample loops kick in far too soon for my tastes when playing slow yet dynamic pieces. After the holidays, I may consider selling some of the herd for an upgrade to an ES8 or possibly a Casio PX560. YIKES! There really is no cure for G.A.S. is there?

Four sets of keys in my gig rig, now...I'll bet this gets old quick.

Xmas list includes:

- Behringer Feedback Destroyer FBQ1000 (not for me, but for one of the bands I play with)

- 4 x Blue Microphones Encore 100s (Sweetwater had a BOGO deal)

- Cables, stands and racks. (Gotta have a clean rig)

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

I just bought this evening a Vintage Vibe CLAVINET / VIBANET PREAMP KIT for my E7. Today it's 20% off regular pricing. I have to work Christmas Day and New Years Day coming up (I'm essential personnel where I am employed) so the extra cash for working the holidays plus the sale makes it a gift from Santa for me. Boutique items like this rarely go on sale so I took the plunge. :keys2:

Won't get it for at least a month though as they are custom built to order. That's OK, no rush for me. :thu:

:nopity:

• 2 months later...

DSI Mopho desktop came down to $409 CDN - about $300 US - so I jumped on it. This is my first analogue synth experience so I really hope it's the cats arse.

On a sad note, my Plugiator died(kinda/sorta the reason I went out and scooped a Mopho).

• 3 weeks later...

Latest purchase: Mackie M1200 power amp to drive an 18" subwoofer.

Latest acquisition: a Phonic PAA2 realtime analyzer, on "indefinite loan" (meaning I get to keep it forever if they don't ask for it).

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

Spacestation v3 - jury is still out.

tc helicon VoiceLive Touch 2 - really like it.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin