Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

From many, many years ago (probably around 33), this is a song that I wrote. I knew of this video but hadn't really thought about finding it very much. My hats off to former band mate Kenny Qualls for sharing it on Facebook with the guys. A bit of rough audio on the start but it smooths out a bit. Also, the video is a bit dark but typical of the way stage lighting was at the time. Funny thing is that I really didn't remember the instrumental part that we went into towards the end until I listened to it a few times. I'm the guy on the right singing the song. Damn, wish I was that skinny again! :laugh:

[video:youtube]

By the way this was at the Mainstreet club in Murfreesboro,TN, ksoper's home town. Don't know that it still exists.

John Cassetty

"there is no dark side of the moon, really. As a matter of fact it's all dark"

• 4 weeks later...

If you like Headhunters grooves - if you like suitcase Rhodes, Clavinet, Solina, Moog Source, Moog Little Phatty etc... - if you're a fan of Bob Power (D'Angelo, Erykah Badu, The Roots etc) - then you'll like this - the link has an album teaser on soundcloud to preview, and the CD is now released (shipping worldwide).

Resolution 88 Debut Album on CD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think the Christmas songs were cool.

@jcazzy: I like the song, even though the equipment from the time was clearly less potent than modern means: I do like the directions of the sound present in your recording, something that's often missing nowadays, unfortunately.

@Toni's song: My impression is that the direction of making music present in this idea is a good one. You've done funkier stuff, too...

@Iona: Seriously, even though I sound not up to par with some of the praise, I do not like the video, though I won't deny some talent and skill has been applied to it, I don't think either and art or music education would train you to loose sight of so many written and unwritten movie and scoring rules, mainly the grotesqueness and unwillingness to take your more subtle playing style serious. I think not even Sheena Easton in "For Your Eyes Only" affords herself such unabashed liberty to go full-out, so those are the types of things I'd pay attention to, because honestly, I find the result ugly. Of course I don't like the latest Prince that much either, so what does that say, but anyhow.. Maybe some people would be interested in the production methods, but my interest unfortunately would be in the negative: the same piano sound again is nice enough, but the dreadful intrusiveness of the voice recording isn't my style, and should be checked when you make a track for public display: on a big sound system it may very well be too loud to be good for the listeners. Just like the amount of drama in a short art-type video like this: only so much should be put an an audience, seriously, of it is going to be taken as either a bit childish or plain stupid, IMO.

T.

Hey Theo,

Thanks for your feedback, what I understand from it is that 1. you don't like the operatic style of singing ( I usually don't sing like that but I think for this piece it was suitable) 2. The voice is too loud (probably at the beginning cos I believe the level is fine towards the end) - if I misunderstood than the language barrier got to me and I need more detailed explanations. Unfortunately I don't yet have a pair of studio monitors so I can't really experience what you mean by listening of a big sound system, but I take donations :)

The song was written before I got the video and after seeing this sequence in a different context, I thought it might work nicely, so it isn't really music written for this particular film, I would like to think that it is a music that some directos would find appropriate for their film.

P.S. - Leaving modesty aside, saying that this song is ugly is like saying that Liv Tyler is ugly, you may be gay but not blind :)

Later edit - I forgot to thank everyone who appreciated it in a positive manner. Love you guys! :)

Here are 4 tunes by my trio. That's me on the Hammond SK1 filling the middle, and also on bass, playing it lefthanded on a Roland E-09.

KB: Hammond SK1

Bass KB: Yamaha MX49

KB Amps: CPS SS3, linked to TurboSound IP300

Bass KB amp: Fender Rumble 500 combo

www.mikemickxer.com

www.reverbnation.com/mikemickxer

Here's our Spanish language version of Claire Fisher's "Morning"

We're doing a sound check/rehearsal about an hour before the party started. It's our first time to all work together... My wife on vocals, best friend on percussion, and the sax player and guitarist are the "hired guns" . I'm the one on the Tyros 2 in auto accompaniment mode. Filmed with a Zoom camera/built in mic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYF7-_he0f4

Muzikteechur is Lonnie, in Kittery, Maine.

HS music teacher: Concert Band, Marching Band, Jazz Band, Chorus, Music Theory, AP Music Theory, History of Rock, Musical Theatre, Piano, Guitar, Drama.

A small snippet of us at House of Blues main stage.

Crowd reactions like this never, ever get old.

ps. Sorry for the poor mix. The person taping this was standing next to the side fill that was heavy with drums.

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsEG3hCA2_A

This sucks quite frankly (Jealous as Hell here :-) ).

He who is well loved , sleeps well at night :).

Brett