Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tsunami song 1 - Music

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know everyone's in a hurry to get this...but, please hold on just a bit. Even Bunnyman said "this might not be the final form"...so...if you all record something to something that isn't exactly the final form, your efforts will be for naught. (sheepish grin)...you all are great...

Just a little more patience, please... :D:D:D I'll buy you all a lobster dinner and a case of beer if this works out...

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Bunny/Phil/Ted et al.

Listening to the part I sent now in the sober morning air: It may be a little loquacious so feel free to produce me a bit. I can pull back with less movement or if the structure alters a bit I can at very least reedit etc.

I have some time in the next five hours so feel free to hit me up at djdm at djdm.com. (substitute the "at" for "@" of course and sign through the spam filter) if anything comes up. :)

Cheers!

Excellant efforts folks - I just picked this up yesterday and have been watching your work - what angels you all are! :cool:

If you have a production version of the song with a lead vocal guide track I can try to get some female backups and harmonies. In other words something that Ratze can track - she can usually sing a pretty tight harmony if she can hear the lead vocal. I'd just have her kind of jam over the whole thing on a couple of different tracks then you could mix anything that you wanted to use. :idea:

Otherwise I'll buy a copy from the website when you're in full swing! :thu:

Hey there :wave: Use whatever lyrics or chords of my humble contribution you desire - it's cool with me.

It seems like things have settled and I might be able to bang out some guitar soloing this evening. If I can get something together I'll toss it out there and hope I can fit into the time constraints for this project. I have the acoustic guitar rough - is that still the thing to use?

Actually, er...Bunny, I listened to your guide track, and uhh...it went to a chord change early. Not that you played it wrong, it was fine, it just anticipated a bit different intro than what I had. So...I'm out there diligently in the schtudio recording (I'm just taking a break now). I've got click, Ric 12, and a scratch electric track with the proper final format of the tune. I'm getting ready to do vocals. I'll put a couple things up... one a mix for extra instruments to jam on to while they add their parts, and one (several, actually) broken down for proper mixing.

Stay tuned, we're getting close...can you feel the lo-ove...? :D

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Originally posted by forceman:

Bunny, I take it from your past post there is an issue with the second guide track.

If you could please, have a quick listen to the two bass tracks I FTP'ed to nursers site and provide me some quick feedback? Email is fine for this (you have my email address). Thanks.

Me too please. :)

Sorry I wasn't around, but my ISP tanked for about FIVE hours today.

I noticed that there was a spot where the Bunny track diverged, but I figure that was intentional. Oh well. So, there isn't a final guide track yet?

I really don't know what to put here.

Sylver, we don't have any rhythm guitar tracks yet. The acoustic track I recorded is just a scratch track.

Offramp, you're a really solid drummer, so if you'd like to record some drums to this song, please feel free to do so. Otherwise, I'll have to do it, and we're getting a little short on time here for that. Please use Tedster's demo for inspiration, and [edited to avoid confusion]

Kylen, we'll keep the female BG vox thing in mind. Thanks!

:thu:

Guys

If theres anyone who wants to help here, we need email addresses for local radio stations in your region. The more people that help, the better.

Chris and I are doing the UK and have done all press agency/TV contacts for the UK this evening to so any help with radio contacts, tv contacts, press associations near you, anything that can get publicity to the cause would be great!

Just mail the list to me in .rtf to my personal email address sharminhall@aol.com

thankyouuuuuuuuuu

Originally posted by Bunny.:

Kylen, we'll keep the female BG vox thing in mind. Thanks!

OK sounds good. Ratze is real good at tightly tracking lead vocals with harmonies as well as ooo's and ahhs. Might add spice to a chorus or some other point in the tune. Standing by...tubes are at optimal operating temperature :D (we might go ahead and track a coupla things to Tedsters new version just in case you need something or a few samples to loop).

I do believe I can get something done in the next 48.

I'll need:

guide track minus drums

file format

e-ddress to post it to.

I'll take a few minutes to research the previous posts for this info, but a) it's kinda confusing, and b) I'm stealing my neighbor's broadband via wireless to post right now...

Figures...right as I'd normally have a chunk of time to do this tonight, we're doing 'dinner with a grandmother' thing at the country club up the street :rolleyes: .

I have to play 'dress up'. :freak:

I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

GUIDE TRACK - is coming from Tedster later today

FILE FORMAT - 16 bit / 44.1 wave files - preferably stereo OH tracks, snare track, kick track, and individual tom tracks. You can compress the wave files (lossless) with the freeware program Shorten.

E-DDRESS - You can send the Shorten-compressed wave files to me via email if they're under 10 MB each (PM me for the address), OR you can upload them to Nursers' FTP site.

BUNNY, PHIL!

Do you think i have to re-record my classical bit.. i'm just thinking, theres no drums at that point so might not matter. If you are going to use my rhythm bit for a few second while it fades it might not matter either.. if you are going to use it at any significant volume, or for any length of time, i will re-record. daaamn yoooou Teeedsteer!!! ;):D

Archived