Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tsunami song 1 - Music

Heya - this where to discuss development of the music. As stated I will post a suggested chord structure within 2 hours of Tedster's lyrics for you all to rip apart / suggest changes to.

Is that ok?

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by nursers:

Heya - this where to discuss development of the music. As stated I will post a suggested chord structure within 2 hours of Tedster's lyrics for you all to rip apart / suggest changes to.

Is that ok?

I may have some chord changes laying around at home waiting for lyric/melody.

Tempo??? I suggest a bit more upbeat if we can, I don't like it too melodramatic

Originally posted by billster:

Is that ok?

I may have some chord changes laying around at home waiting for lyric/melody.

Tempo??? I suggest a bit more upbeat if we can, I don't like it too melodramatic

Very good point billster - I think it ought to be a rocker not a ballad. It sounds a bit corny but i am actually waiting for the lyrics before deciding the chords....

Uhh...what I've got is a melody/chord structure for a sort of developing lyric line. I'm a melody-first sort of guy.

If I may be so bold, let's just toss some different ideas on the fire and see what simmers, eh what? :D

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

So it appears we have a band:

Guitar - FunkJazz. PBBPau,l just about everyone :D

Keys - DJDM, FoxTick, nursers

Bass - Sylver and possibly Stanley Clarke

Drums - Bunny? Also Shars has suggested she may conscript one of her many friends ;)

Intro FX - ChrisC

Vocals - maybe that depends on where song goes??? Ted, Shars?

Any comments / people I've missed?

I'm recording the news now, and i'll go thoruh it after.

How long should it be

What kind of content

Any effects

indeed.. Should we use it atall?

There's alot of reports as expected about tourist lives lost, which i think i should keep out.

I thought just some bytes with stats and damage reports, a bit like the last one.

I think different languages could be very nice.. cos one of the things about this news is thats its all in english accents.

Originally posted by The Sharster Of Crimbo Yet To Come:

Has anyone contacted Lee as to wheter she would like to do vocals?

Moi? I ain't a vocalist, I'm a guitar player.

I REALLY wish I could commit to doing something for this project, but from where I sit right now, it's impossible. I'm already completely freaking out over trying to get my band's album done in time for several important events that depend on it being done... plus figuring out how I'm going to squeeze in enough paying work to pay the bills until the record is done. I am seriously stressed out at the moment, even though I know it pales in comparison to what the folks in Indonesia are going through. :(

But thanks for thinking of me. I'll check the threads periodically and if there's anything off the cuff I can contribute, like lyrics, I'll chime in. But otherwise I'm afraid I gotta sit this one out.

Well, depending on the key / feel, I've heard Phil, Bunny and Tedster's singing and they can all certainly pull it off. As far as female vocalists, doesn't Valky do vocals?

Bass - Sylver and possibly Stanley Clarke

I find it hard to comprehend that I would be mentioned in the same line as Stanley Clarke :eek: (who I am a big fan of and have seen in concert).

But as I recall Wraub also volunteered bass duty. I didn't want to see anyone missed, so I thought I'd mention it.

I really don't know what to put here.

If I can make some time during the day this week, I can record some live drum tracks for this song, as long as nobody else wants to do it. Of course, if we could get a big name drummer to do it, we should.

I'm also open to doing vocals and/or background vocals. Also, lead guitar, sound effects, or whatever.

I'll certainly help out with the composition and arrangement, if needed.

Sorry to Wraub and Forceman for forgetting them. I think everyone is welcome, it may be up to deciding at mixing stage which bass line gets the nod etc...

PARALLEL POST IN THE LYRICS THREAD

------------------------------------------------

OK here's something to kick around. Tsunami Demo - William Hartzell

I changed the lyrics some from my original post, with a big tip to GuitarShoes for some inspiration. :thu:

I think the chords for the "Pre" section here could also serve as a verse section if someone more crafty than me could write some verses.

I see the lyric as kind of saying two views:

1> from the victims, that they must live one day at a time

2> from those of fortunate to try and help, that there's no time to waste. We must start today.

Tempo is 135

Chords are one bar each

CHORDS

Pre: D9/A; A add 11; C9/G; G add 11; D9/A; A add 11; Bb maj; A maj

Chorus: D;A;C;G;A;D;E;A

LYRICS:

Pre:

I am just a part

Of the world that we have

So much of what we know

Can change any day

Chorus:

We can make it back

We can be strong

We can make tomorrow

But we must start today

Tedster my man, just listened to your offering:

Great stuff!!! It's upbeat, has a cool groove, and has room for some more lyrics to be inserted.

Seriously Ted, you oughta be proud. Could you please post a copy in MP3 format or upload to my ftp? I think we should get started on other instruments. I would love to lay down some synth / keys

Bunny, your thoughts?? :thu:

Archived