Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup!

My latest live rig .........

http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o430/alanjpearson/Keyboard%20Rig/a8hWPXV2zVJeLcOG-5soAs7fPiDeg6ktbVIr-ucHuiAVrKYN4n8JYDZiv5uJh2UpMdIhScsLkW1XGPbklVzVHg_zps62e5f21f-1_zpsbefc89d4.jpg

And last time out with me in it!:

http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o430/alanjpearson/Keyboard%20Rig/_MG_13112_zps72d7e617.jpg

Yamaha CP70B;Roland XP30/AXSynth/Fantom/FA76/XR;Hammond XK3C SK2; Korg Kronos 73;ProSoloist Rack+; ARP ProSoloist; Mellotron M4000D; GEM Promega2; Hohner Pianet N, Roland V-Grand,Voyager XL, RMI

When where who what Mike!

LOL - Local group called "Forget Hannah". I've known the guitarist / singer for a while. He asked me to join the group last November. At that time I had one rehearsal with them and went through about 8 or 10 songs. They said they wanted to add me but afterward said they couldn't deal with my travel schedule as they always wanted to rehearse on Wednesday when I'm usually in NJ for Casio.

While all this was going on and it looked like I'd be in the band, my wife helped them get a big gig for our neighborhood golf outing / dinner party. Perhaps because they felt guilty, I sat in with them for this event. Learned 45 songs and went in with no rehearsal. I had all the songs charted in Set List maker on my iPad which you can see sitting up on my XW-P1. 90% Piano and organ but a few songs where I was able to surprise them with some big synth sounds. They band tunes down a half step and do some song in different keys than the original which was lovely to find out during the show but overall it went pretty well and the band seem to like it.

After proving myself, I think it may become a more regular thing. Not sure yet.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Here's the "music nook" at the new apartment. It's since evolved to have my 2 lefty basses hanging in the back right and various artwork on the walls.

I'm going to ask a carpenter friend to build some sort of sliding platform for the Rhodes so it can easily be slid out of the wall there for playing.

Going out live usually is just the Kurzweil and the Stage 2 SW73. Maybe the ION if the gig calls for it.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/PianoDemon/MusicNook_zpsffe85973.jpg

Nord Stage 2 SW73, Kurzweil PC3LE7, Moog Sub 37, Alesis Ion, Rhodes Stage 73, Moog Werkstatt-01, Yamaha CP-300

-------------

Knock knock

Who's there?

Interrupting synthesizer

Interrup-MOOOOOOOOOG

@ Losendoskeys: I see that you're using that cool customized "Hammond C-3" stand in that 2nd photo of you playing live. Any other live shots of you playing from a further distance so that we can see the whole rig, (including the stand?) I really do think that it's a cool idea.

@ Losendoskeys: I see that you're using that cool customized "Hammond C-3" stand in that 2nd photo of you playing live. Any other live shots of you playing from a further distance so that we can see the whole rig, (including the stand?) I really do think that it's a cool idea.

But of course Adam!

Heres a video I prepared earlier...........

[video:youtube]

Yamaha CP70B;Roland XP30/AXSynth/Fantom/FA76/XR;Hammond XK3C SK2; Korg Kronos 73;ProSoloist Rack+; ARP ProSoloist; Mellotron M4000D; GEM Promega2; Hohner Pianet N, Roland V-Grand,Voyager XL, RMI

Steinway L, 1958 Hammond B3, Kurzweil Forte, Prophet-6, Minimoog Voyager, Kawai VPC-1,Oberheim SEM-Pro, Doepfer Dark Energy, Nord Rack

• 4 months later...

I'm in the category of keyboardists you'd call "aspiring". This is me and my rig at a worship event:

DSC_0531.jpg

Life is subtractive.
Genres: Jazz, funk, pop, Christian worship, BebHop
Wishlist: 80s-ish (synth)pop, symph pop, prog rock, fusion, musical theatre
Gear: NS2 + JUNO-G. KingKORG. SP6 at church.

Oh damn, it seems that photos uploaded to Google Plus don't keep their URL. So here it is again, for posterity (I hate it when I browse older threads and the pics are not there):

http://i.imgur.com/9tasgATl.jpg

Life is subtractive.
Genres: Jazz, funk, pop, Christian worship, BebHop
Wishlist: 80s-ish (synth)pop, symph pop, prog rock, fusion, musical theatre
Gear: NS2 + JUNO-G. KingKORG. SP6 at church.

Nice! Although a bit of a cliché Nashville rig, no? I hear the Solaris all over new country. :)

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

That's why I am here. The JoeBobs needed to keep more Taylor Swifts from bailing out on their

(Yawn,Yawn) music, Hence the Analog Synths and Solaris.

I was going to add a new Casio as I need Zones

more than anything, but the Physis K4 has been ordered.

Doubt I will use the Piano Model though.

My PianoTeq 5 Upright cuts throught the SVTs

and Marshalls. Perfectly tuned Pianos are for Classical.

If I need to do Chopin or Debussy covers, I bring back the perfectly tuned predictability of samples.

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic

My PianoTeq 5 Upright cuts throught the SVTs

and Marshalls. Perfectly tuned Pianos are for Classical.

If I need to do Chopin or Debussy covers, I bring back the perfectly tuned predictability of samples.

+1

big fan of the U4 upright piano. :thu:

:nopity:

Will report back on the K4. I have an old MC3000 I used way back with Gigastudio and an

EgoSysWaMi rack for 8 x 8 matrix, but with a

case that thing weighs 130 lbs.

The K4 is basically an MC3000 with better keybed,

built in sounds, and it's only 51 lbs. cased up.

And davedoerfler I guess I can't upload an attachment here,

but I have a nice fxp. I made for the Upright. I use hardware FX so it's dry, but mic placement

create the proper mid side effect, and tunings might

interest you.

They are all edited note for note using unison width rather than detune, so it's a pretty useful preset.

Send me a pm for an email swap if you want.

FWIW the same editing on the new bigger sounding D4 makes

that Piano more fun to play too.

Cheerz Mates

Nice meat & potatoes rig there Dave.

You obviously like those Moog Pedals too.

If you ever need the dual harp Anvil Cases for the Yamaha there are a few around here nobody wants to buy as long as it's the 88.

Sent the fxp. hope it works.

Yeah I dig it too - similar to my home jam rig (MMW inspired) except no electric grand and mine is L formation stacked. Very inspiring to play! What pedals do you have on the clav? Much delight in my rig with those (currently a pigtronix echolution which is delightful, and fulltone wah but has to add a bypass strip and add a few more...)

Here is my current, non gigging, ever changing setup.

Cool vintage rig ! :2thu:

Do the synths run thru the Fender amps too ?

But to make it perfect, a real Minimoog D and Prophet 5 should replace your synths in that area,- and I miss the Oberheim 4 (or 8-) Voice on top of the Yammi CP,- for the authenticity, so to speak ...

An ARP Odyssey (white face) on top of your Leslie would be ice on the cake though.

:D

... and where´s the ARP/Solina String machine ? :facepalm:

Well, can´t wait for your next pic ...

A.C.

If you ever need the dual harp Anvil Cases for the Yamaha there are a few around here nobody wants to buy as long as it's the 88.

Believe it or not, my anvil cases are at the curb as I write this waiting for bulk pickup to take them away. Never again. :roll:

Sent the fxp. hope it works.

me too. thanks much. :thu:

Yeah I dig it too - similar to my home jam rig (MMW inspired) except no electric grand and mine is L formation stacked. Very inspiring to play! What pedals do you have on the clav? Much delight in my rig with those (currently a pigtronix echolution which is delightful, and fulltone wah but has to add a bypass strip and add a few more...)

thanks much. Pedals always rotating but right now on the clav are Danelectro Daddy-O Overdrive, MoogerFooger Ring Modulator, EHX Stereo PolyPhase (in mono), EHX Memory Man Deluxe, and Vox wah on the floor. That could change tomorrow, and if not certainly will by the weekend. I'm always moving them around.