Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

SK

Dave Ferris

Hi everyone.

I'm sorry to have to be bearer of sad news. Steve's partner of the last nine years, April, passed away early Friday morning from complications of a brain tumor. She was 49.

I spoke with Steve yesterday and he's doing fairly well under the circumstances.

I'm not sure he will respond here but I'm certain he'll appreciate everyone's thoughts, condolences and prayers in this very difficult time.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve, I'm deeply saddened by your loss. Take care and let us know how you're doing, when you can.

Sending love, strength and peace, Brother.

Instrumentation is meaningless - a song either stands on its own merit, or it requires bells and whistles to cover its lack of adequacy, much less quality. - kanker

Our thoughts, prayers, and sympathy go out to you, Steve.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

Steve,

There aren't words to possibly assuage your sorrow during this time, so I'll simply say I'm sorry.

Ray

Yamaha C7 Grand, My Hammonds: '57 B3, '54 C2, '42 BC, '40 D, '05 XK3 Pro System, Kawai MP9000, Fender Rhodes Mk I 73, Yamaha CP33, Motif ES6, Nord Electro 2, Minimoog Voyager & Model D, Korg MS10

I'm terribly sorry to hear that, Steve.

Joe

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Geesh, that's awful. My thoughts are with you, Steve.

This is the fourth time in a week that someone (or their loved ones) on one of my main two forums has died. Someone on the other forum commented that we tend to think of far away forum buddies as immortal, not realizing what struggles they are going through with health etc. off the net.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Steve.

My sincere and heartfelt condolences to you for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you, and I'm sure the thoughts and prayers from all your KC family are with you as well.

Ronnie

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

Hang in there, Steve... I lost a good friend this weekend as well...

Continue to live life to its fullest. Thats what our loved ones would want us to do....

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Archived