Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

SK

Dave Ferris

To all: I am touched by your kindness. wow. Your support means much more than I can express, and I appreciate Dave Ferris's compassionate post about it. To Hammonddave: sorry to read of the loss of your friend.

I always tried not to bring personal stuff onto the forum I'm just not comfortable with it, and to conform to that position, I've now edited out the brief background story.

Friends planet wide have been tremendously supportive, and of course, music is always there.

Music is a great gift to us all which we can't fully explain, and to my thinking, second only to the power of love. Thank you all.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry for your loss and may you eventually find peace and joy in the near future. BTW, you have a great and down to earth group of buds here, who truly care for you and each other :thu: .

My world: www.chriselkins.ca

Roland D-70/SC-55, Kawai K5000s, Korg Triton Extreme 88, Yamaha MO8, Yamaha SY-99, Technics SX-U90P 'Pro90'

"I've heard a lot worse!"

Sorry to hear about your loss, Steve. The story of your relationship with April is beautifully romantic. Makes one believe in the persistence of true love. I wish you peace.

K.

9 Moog things, 3 Roland things, 2 Hammond things and a computer with stuff on it

Steve,

I am so sorry to hear this. I too lost my loved one 5 years ago and it was so devastating. It is imperative that you remain strong, psychologically. Your mind and your spirit are your most valuable assets.

J+

Find 660 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

SK, condolences to you my friend. We both know April would want you to take comfort in your music.

I had the pleasure of meeting April while hanging out with Steve in Richmond a few years ago.

After receiving a master class from SK, the three of us went out for dinner. I'll never forget that day.

April was definitely a beautiful spirit. May her soul rest in peace. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Dear Steve, I'm so saddened by your loss. Your description of April as a clear and unusually bright light touches me. Thanks for the glimpse of your life together. In some small way, it enables each of us to honour her memory.

RIP April, and much love to you.

"........! Try to make It..REAL! compared to what? ! ! ! " - BOPBEEPER

Steve, I'm predictably late to this due to the inevitable gig, but like many others here, I'm thinking of and praying for you.

I think most here would agree that at one's very best, our spirits somehow speak through our music. I am sure that there will forever be a second voice intertwined with yours whenever you play.

Take care.

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

Steve,

Thank you for a sharing a glimpse into your love for April. It's a beautiful story, and like all beautiful stories it's still going on, like a song that stays with you forever. April with you, and you with April.

My sincere condolences,

Jerry

Steve,

Thank you for a sharing a glimpse into your love for April. It's a beautiful story, and like all beautiful stories it's still going on, like a song that stays with you forever. April with you, and you with April.

My sincere condolences,

Jerry

My thoughts exactly.

RIP April. :wave:

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, Steve. Please accept my heartfelt condolences.

It sounds like you and April had a unique and wonderful relationship. I can only imagine how you must feel. I know that grieving is a long process that may diminish but never completely ends. Feel free to reach out both now and down the road.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Steve as with others here on the forum my heart felt condolences and prayers go out to you my friend.

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

The support is absolutely wonderful and greatly appreciated. Your kindness and concern is humbling. And this is just 'me': I also don't want anyone to feel too sorry for me now. My situation is no more special than anyone else's.

Everyone faces dramatic events during a lifetime, and I am no different than the rest of you in that regard. As with everything, it's all just a part of Life. Such inevitable turns in the road remind us of the importance of making the most of our time, seeking growth, knowledge and understanding.

The compassion and empathy in this thread is astounding. Kindness, friendship and music is its own best reward, and is KC at its best. Positive energy and thoughts promote healing, and each of you in this thread has done your part. From the bottom of my heart, thank you all so much. You all are truly helping me towards that next step down the road. :)

I'm late to this too. SK, I think everyone who is a regular here feels they "know" you because you consistently share so much information, perspective, and positive vibe. So we are all feeling this a little bit. Everyone who comes into (and, perhaps, leaves) our life gives us something worthwhile to pass on to others. I am certain you will keep giving.

Adan

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

The support is absolutely wonderful and greatly appreciated. Your kindness and concern is humbling. And this is just 'me': I also don't want anyone to feel too sorry for me now. My situation is no more special than anyone else's.

Everyone faces dramatic events during a lifetime, and I am no different than the rest of you in that regard. As with everything, it's all just a part of Life. Such inevitable turns in the road remind us of the importance of making the most of our time, seeking growth, knowledge and understanding.

The compassion and empathy in this thread is astounding. Kindness, friendship and music is its own best reward, and is KC at its best. Positive energy and thoughts promote healing, and each of you in this thread has done your part. From the bottom of my heart, thank you all so much. You all are truly helping me towards that next step down the road. :)

Wisdom.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Archived