Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Five Guys

Dave Bryce

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've got one about 1 1/2 miles away. I feel my arteries hardening just talking about it, but, what a way to go.

Great burgers

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

No Five Guys around here. We are way too small and backward for a franchise like that. Down the block from work is a mom and pop called Bubbie's BBQ that I've started visiting at least once a week. A 1/2 lb single patty cheeseburger with fries and drink is $5. Catfish Thursday just went up to $5.25. The only bad thing, it is hard to find a parking spot. Every phone, electric and cable service truck in the county seems to go there for lunch. But dad always said, you can tell a good place the eat by the crowd in the parking lot.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

We just got one in Thousand Oaks. I hadn't had one before.

Wow. :love::thu:

dB

I only had their burger once... okay, but I was expecting more from all the hype.

The best "chain" burger has got to be Fuddrucker's. Whole other league.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Five Guys started in Northern Virginia, so we've had them in the area for years. They really started to take off about five years ago, and now they're everywhere here. (I pass within 3 minutes of three different locations just on my 15 minute commute to work.) Their consistency from location to location is really something to be applauded, especially given the franchise model.

Great, great burger and fries! :thu:

Noah

My wife and I enjoy Five Guys a lot. There's about 3 locations here in Rochester with a few more opening up. Great burgers, awesome fries.

Kronos 88 Platinum, Yamaha YC88, Subsequent 37, Korg CX3, Hydrasynth 49-key, Nord Electro 5D 73, QSC K8.2, Lester K

Me & The Boyz

Chris Beard Band

Apparently a Five Guys is opening down the main street from us. I guess I'm supposed to be excited. :D

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Having had both In-N-Out and Five Guys, I'll just say that there both great but different. Hard to truly compare one to the other even though they're both obviously burgers and fries.

I have a slight preference for Five Guys in a pure "burger vs. burger" competition, but that doesn't stop me from making a pilgrimage to In-N-Out every time I'm within driving distance of one in the Western U.S.

Noah

Never heard of them. We got a Red Robin not too long ago, and that's pretty decent...although honestly, dressing a burger with weird $hit is like dressing a pizza the same. Sometimes, like the Fender Precision or Fender Jazz, simplicity is the best.
Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

Yep, Five Guys has been here for years. When I'm in the mood for a heavy dose of cholesterol, er, a burger and fries, I'll pop in and grab a combo. Worth the price. :thu::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

:thu:

We've got three "Five Guys" along the northern front range communities, and four in the Denver area. Have been to the Fort Collins location a couple of times since fall of '08. Great burgers, fries, the whole deal... When we lived in NW Indiana, Redamak's - just up the road in New Buffalo, MI - was our 'go to' best burger place. So we're glad to have a burger place here that's in the same league.

If only someone in Colorado could do the same thing with pizza.... The best place out here for thin crust gets a B- on my Chicago Pizza Rating Scale. Pan, or stuffed ? Fuggeddaboutit :(

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

My wife and I enjoy Five Guys a lot. There's about 3 locations here in Rochester with a few more opening up. Great burgers, awesome fries.

They are good. The fries are good portions. Burgers are kind of small.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

Never been, the Google informs me that there are two in the area.

I havent had any meat in two months, I'm on a diet/health kick thingy. :(:mad: At this point, a juicy burger sounds better than sex with a super model. :laugh:

We have one near where I work. The burgers are good, but nothing exceptional.

Thank you. I thought I was going to get no support here at all!

I'm telling you, nobody raving about Five Guys has ever had a 1/3 lb burger (their smallest) at Fuddrucker's. And their fries are better, too. (Though Five Guys fries are still very good, and they give you a ton of them.)

There are a couple of restaurants in the New York area that are better... but for anything like a "chain," Fudd's is the way to go.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

I'm a level 5 vegan. I won't eat anything that casts a shadow.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

The best burger I've ever had was at a place called Pargo's. That was many years ago.

But, I hardly eat burgers. So, when I do have a craving for one, it's either Five Guys or Burger King. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Archived