Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Reharm Room

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Out of curiosity Dave, why do you put some tunes on SoundCloud and some on DivShare? Is it a matter of "portfolio" vs. "stuff you just want to share privately with us"?

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Just listened to your Fe Fi Fo Fum. Such a great tune.

Your version was outstanding! I really love the diff textures when you do the quarter note chords in the L.H.. And the solo is superb.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

I have been working on this thing for the KC Compilation CD, but wanted to share in advance. It's an arrangement of one of my favorite Beatles songs "And I love her".

I did everything with keyboard and computer, but for the CD I hope to get some heavy guys to redo the bass and guitar solos.

Something went wrong with the mp3 conversion and the limiter destroyed the sound but the idea is there.

Hope you enjoy.

Reharm: Beatles "And I love her"

local: Korg Nautilus 73 | Yamaha MODX8

away: GigPerformer

home: Kawai RX-2 | Korg D1 | Roland Fantom X7

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I haven't been on this forum for so long, I'm just posting back on this old thread like a poltergeist. Although this piece "All The Things" is harmed and reharmed:

http://www.divshare.com/download/23078598-2d8

It's from a gig last week - the night before a 9 hr. CD recording session with the very talented trumpeter Victor Haskins - a 19 yr. old wonder. A quintet gig, we played the first tune as a duo, and I don't think some people in the crowd realized we had started to play. :freak: So it's a duo with extra sonic information from about 30 people.

And on the way back to the Great North, Sue and I checked out Sam Ash in NYC the other day. So combining a year's worth of posts into one, here's my impressions of a couple keyboards that have been reviewed ad nauseum before:

The new Casio 350 - majorly improved from past Casios. The keys felt really nice, if a bit of a short throw. The 350 isn't for me though because the upper mids and highs sounded bell-like or thin to me... but it's the ticket for many keyboardists looking for a decent playable piano keyboard at a good price and weight. (which I'm sure most everyone already knows)

And from the other side of the spectrum: very expensive, heavy, and surprisingly good, Roland's old V-Piano (or the newer V-Grand). I had thoroughly dissed this keyboard because of the synthetic modeled sound in the mid range, evident in all the demos I had heard.

Well, that sound is still there, but the ambience knob turned just over half-way more than compensates and creates an actually beautiful sounding instrument to play. Great action, combined with the purchase of appropriate speakers (maybe Meyer Sound) should make for a super nice rig.

End of redundant reviews/reharms... Happy gigging, gear, music, and New Year to everyone.

Best,

Steve & Sue, aka SK & gangsu

An SK sighting!

Good to see you 'round these parts again, Steve! :wave::thu:

Noah

+Lots, and sorta seeing Sue, too. :thu:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

:wave: Hey Dave, Joe and Noah. Nice to see you guys.

Dave, they're probably the same 30 people traveling the country - there aren't those many upright bass players left for them to talk over.

I think this CD will be really cool, a mixture of fresh and traditional with Victor's writing, a killer sax player from D.C. and my old Baltimore rhythm section.

A couple days ago in NYC, I "ran into" Victor at the Village Vanguard listening to the Fred Hersch trio (small world). Now back home, I'm 'enjoying' the snow and high winds :cool: , getting ready for a rehearsal tonight.

• 6 months later...
According to IMDB, Elvis plays Vince Everett in Jailhouse Rock. The lady asks, "What do you think, Mr. Everett?", so there you go.

Nice work wmp. I hadn't seen the movie in a quarter of a century, so I wasn't completely sure. :thu:
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

• 1 month later...