Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

I'll be honest, I never really spent any time with the CX3. The way the overdrive had too much control over the master volume really bothered me, which is a shame, because the CX3 does have an excellent sound.
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

Please check out abstract/animation's new release Idioddyssey

jazz fusion progressive improvisational new & original!

Abstract/Animation

(this 12 minute FREE mp3 is not for the attentionally challenged)

aban tried to record LIVE... no overdubs.... no sound-on-sound. We recorded this live in the room, with mic on each amp, and 6-7 on the drum kit, using a Tascam 2488MkII

See what you think and please send us your comments.

Those "clams" are not mistakes! I meant to do that!

We improvise solos & arrangement on the fly.

be patient... let the journey unfold... comments please

abstractanimation@yahoo(dot)com

tripp323

Nord Electro, Kawai MP, Roland JX-305, Korg T1 & 707

I think it's time to laud our forum's moderator, dB. Really. So here's I tune I produced, just to honour Dave Bryce.

It's a blues, and to make it sound authentic, in my opinion it needed a) bass guitar b) acoustic guitar and c) distorted vocals. Unfortunately I can neither play the bass, the guitar or sing. I did it anyway. :freak:

So bear with me while I sing about the beauty of our moderator's previous avatar. http://www.divshare.com/download/4913493-5dc

Right. You may ask youself: has this guy nothing better to do? Well, of course I have. But boring arrangement exercises, practicing piano and other stuff are to me not half as much fun as producing crappy music, so...

The Dromb Bopper

I think it's time to laud our forum's moderator, dB. Really. So here's I tune I produced, just to honour Dave Bryce.

:eek::freak:

I made the mistake of playing this file while my office manager was in the room. She's still rolling around on the floor laughing. :rolleyes:

Thanks...? :D

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

:eek::freak:

I made the mistake of playing this file while my office manager was in the room. She's still rolling around on the floor laughing. :rolleyes:

Thanks...? :D

dB

mwahaha :D

The Dromb Bopper

• 3 weeks later...

So, get this...I was lucky enough to have John Stack, the lead guitar player for an amazing Pink Floyd tribute band (and I'm a huge Floyd fan, so that's a big compliment coming from me) called Which One's Pink do the solos on that Reeling In The Years track I'm working on. While he was cutting the track, he noticed that I had Comfortably Numb on my desktop, and asked if I'd like to have him take a crack at the solos.

Now, the guitar player that did the solos on the version I submitted for KC 13 did a great job...but John nailed it to the wall...

...no pun intended... :D

The mix is considerably better than the previous one, as well. :cool:

dB

• 2 weeks later...

Another tune pretty close to finished for my upcoming cover record. The mix can still use a few more tweaks, I think...but in general, I'm kinda liking the way this is turning out. :thu:

Venus and Mars/Rock Show

Comments and criticism are welcome...

dB

That was great! As usual, I really like how you handle vocals. The performance and attitude always comes across in your work. Love the synth in the front. Another thing that really struck me was how well you used the center channel. Lotta stuff using it, yet I can hear everything that's placed there and I dig it.

That was great! As usual, I really like how you handle vocals. The performance and attitude always comes across in your work. Love the synth in the front. Another thing that really struck me was how well you used the center channel. Lotta stuff using it, yet I can hear everything that's placed there and I dig it.

Wow - high praise coming from someone with your considerable production/arranging skills, Dr. Bell. Thanks! :thu:

Question - I originally put the vocoder backing vox in just as a placeholder/potential adjunct to real backgrounds, but oddly I find I kinda dig 'em the way they are. Whaddaya think?

dB

There's some video from our Jazz Fest sets up on my YouTube channel: KLONK here.

There's a new(ish) piece on the MySpace as well, the commission from the Biennale Montreal, ca;led "Dancing Serpent in Dawn's Quiet". If you go to the Biennale page you'll find information on the Open Music project, something I'm very honoured to be part of. In short, you can e-mail the Biennale team for the multitracks from that piece (as well as the score, shortly - PM me for it) and you can remix and re-interpret it however you want.

My Site

Nord Electro 5D, Novation Launchkey 61, Logic Pro X, Mainstage 3, lots of plugins, fingers, pencil, paper.

Yea db, the vocoder doesn't bug me either, but as I type I've got The Geeks were Right playing so I might be influenced and weak. ( I lucky my son turns me on to that stuff or it might slip by me.)

David R...you're smokin', as always!

Thanks guys - that means a lot coming from musicians of your calibre!

dB - killer cover of Comfortably Numb. I especially enjoy the way the overall sound and atmosphere of the tune is similar but the details of how you get there are unique.

My Site

Nord Electro 5D, Novation Launchkey 61, Logic Pro X, Mainstage 3, lots of plugins, fingers, pencil, paper.

AVALARF, perhaps you could share with us just how you actually created that tune.

Did you play all the parts yourself or did you use a style from an arranging keyboard, play the melody and have the keyboard fill in the rest?

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

No Problem at all,

The style i used was the onboard Country Ballad 2, which i tweeked quite a bit to obtain the sound i wanted. I played all of the lead and the chords, most of the lead voices i chose were PEMO TVN`s again which i tweeked a bit to my liking.

Hope this makes sense.

All The Best

Kieth

Here's one more than a few of my friends are a bit surprised I recorded:

Morning Has Broken

What can I say...it's a beautiful tune. I've always loved the treatment Rick Wakeman gave this, but wanted to hear more piano... :D

dB

Another tune pretty close to finished for my upcoming cover record. The mix can still use a few more tweaks, I think...but in general, I'm kinda liking the way this is turning out. :thu:

Venus and Mars/Rock Show

Comments and criticism are welcome...

dB

Dave...I liked it a lot. Good over all mix. And I agree with the others...keep the vocoder effect, sounds great.

I only have two minor tweak suggestions for the mix. At the beginning I would add just a touch of reverb to the vocal. The guitar, piano and synth right there all sound good and 'alive', but the vocal sounds a bit wooden in comparison. A touch of reverb there would liven it, I think.

Second, when the vocal does come in, I'd be tempted to bring the synth lead down just a touch...that higher pitch sound tends to overshadow the vocal on some notes just a bit.

As I said, these are minor tweak suggestions. Its a great piece. A keeper as they say.

Well done!!

There are 10 kinds of people in the world...those who can read binary, and those who can't.

Pretty much every song on here is worth a listen IMO. Sorry about the poor sound quality though. The songs already had pretty bad quality, and then when editing them in audacity, it compressed them into mono for some reason, so the levels got even more messed up. IMO keyboard and bass need to come up and guitar needs to come down. I only say this because our guitarists tone got killed because A) he had to use the crappy ditortion on his amp, ans B) the microphone we used made it even more unbelievably crunchy. Also, levels are bad, because it was initially mixed without any input from the band, just our sound guy by himself because we were all out of town.

Anyways, give it a listen and give me some feedback.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=ab1f11a47fde8278d2db6fb9a8902bda

• 2 weeks later...

I added 4 more "sketches" to my reverbnation site-

The top 4 are the newer pieces I am working on right now. More composition than technique at the moment so don't expect Beethoven's ghost ;)

They're rough, unmixed, unfinished, blah blah blah...but hopefully you'll get an idea of where I'm heading!

Thanks, Bill

http://www.billheins.com/

Hail Vibrania!

dB, thanks for the Steely Dan cover. I browsed my fathers CD collection and already listened to the first two albums of Steely Dan - great musicians, and also lots of humor in the music. Me likey! :)

Here's my current masterpiece: China-flavoured Olympic Village Mayhem Kind of what I call "cartoon music". Beware, it's only got three chords!!!!! :o

It's not a clone, it's a Suzuki.

First post for me here - I stumbled onto this place when searching for info on the Kurzweil PC3x (which should be delivered any day now). Lots of great music here! I do collaboration over the internet as a hobby, and currently have a Yamaha Clavinova CVP-209. Here's a collab of "Still Crazy After All These Years" I did a while back, with friends Mike Walter on vocals and Bob Ingram on sax (I did the rest on my Clavinova):

http://bradprestonmusic.com/Music/StillCrazy.mp3

Here's a link to Random Manor, the band I just recorded with and am currently doing some mini tours with:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=206398574

�Ah, music," he said, wiping his eyes. "A magic beyond all we do here!�

J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone