Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Miter saw stand as keyboard stand?

While flipping through a big box hardware store weekly ad, I saw a folding miter saw stand and wondered if it might make a good keyboard stand.  Here are photos of a two different models, both well under $100.  Has anyone tried this, as an alternative to more expensive keyboard "table" stands?  Have I uncovered a "life hack" or is there something obvious I'm overlooking as to why not to trust a keyboard on one of these? 

65366_2401678_MiterSaw_Stand_1.jpg.768887c125a4cba31b1b394920fec302.jpg65366_2401678_MiterSaw_Stand_CarryHandle_2.jpg.c0ae4cc1eabcd9831169e2bfeda95502.jpg56478_W3.thumb.jpg.46a8427247ab8a21cb3c0ec548e39bfb.jpg56478_W9_2.thumb.jpg.17901a05310cee3f9bdc15dcfdf3d9f1.jpg

The roller attachments, which are used for long boards like siding and planking, would be a disaster for a keyboard.  One healthy glissando and your board would be across the room.  But as a simple table stand, I'm sure it would be ok.  

This alternate use idea reminds me of what a Chicago region Guitar Center did several years back. They created a couch from four and eight-space ozite-covered racks. 

Those things are useful in lots of ways.  I used a wheeled, 12-space unit as a TV stand in my first apartment. 

• Like 1

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

9 hours ago, El Lobo said:

A woman I know gigged with an ironing board as a keyboard stand

And she never had a single wrinkle in her shirt, either.

• Haha 2

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

On 8/10/2022 at 1:47 PM, Morrissey said:

While flipping through a big box hardware store weekly ad, I saw a folding miter saw stand and wondered if it might make a good keyboard stand.  Here are photos of a two different models, both well under $100.  Has anyone tried this, as an alternative to more expensive keyboard "table" stands?  Have I uncovered a "life hack" or is there something obvious I'm overlooking as to why not to trust a keyboard on one of these? 

I think the top stand could work fine for me.  I play bass pedals while sitting, and many stands interfere with placement of bass pedals and an expression pedal, this seems to offer stability and a lot of space underneath, for a good price.  It may be a little high for sitting, but that's easily solved with a hacksaw on each of the 4 legs.......just cut a little at a time till you get it where you like it. 

Lou

On 8/10/2022 at 1:47 PM, Morrissey said:

65366_2401678_MiterSaw_Stand_1.jpg.768887c125a4cba31b1b394920fec302.jpg65366_2401678_MiterSaw_Stand_CarryHandle_2.jpg.c0ae4cc1eabcd9831169e2bfeda95502.jpg