Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Studiologic Numa X Piano

4 minutes ago, kenheeter said:

Can you post a link to Muziker?  Thanks, Ken

As far as I know it's a Slovakian music store that serves the entire Europe and you can select your own regional website, I access the Bulgarian one on muziker.bg but for example here's the German one (you can change to another region from the top right):
https://www.muziker.de

BTW, they currently have two CP73-s in stock, although at a slightly higher price than Thomann, but then, Thomann says they will be back in stock "after several months" and who knows what the price would be then. BTW, I hesitated a lot between the Numa X Piano 88 for €1250 and the CP73 for €1750 but I think I'm going to give the Numa chance, taking in mind it's much cheaper. Although I initially rejected the notion of purchasing an 88-key piano.

• Like 1

I may not have liked the action and sounds enough but there was no denying the build quality on the Numa. It’s on a par with the CP for finish. If you like the action and sounds then it’s exceptional bang for its buck. 

• Like 1
Yamaha MODX8, Legend Live.

Not sure if this has been discussed but in one of the YouTube videos where they present the acoustic piano (semi) modeled engine, there are comments in Italian under the video where it is confirmed some of the engineers (including the presenter) and the know-how come from GEM. Remember ProMega 3?

5 hours ago, CyberGene said:

I received an email from Thomann that the availability date for the Numa X Piano 73 shifts with one week... Man, that sucks, it's what happened with my YC73 order that made me switch to the Numa... So, I started looking at what else I could order but nothing interesting was available. And then I opened an online music store that I use from time to time Muziker and there was a Numa X Paino 88 in stock that with a 5% discount. After a short consideration, I decided to order it, along with the matching Studiologic soft-case that costs same as the discount 😀 I could also chose among some gifts and so I selected a (€31 worth) colorful children Melodica 🥳

Good choice. I am so happy I changed my oder from the 73 to the 88.  It's only 31 pounds so its still light enough to gig with.  Plus I love those "extra" keys. 

• Like 1

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

1 hour ago, kenheeter said:

Hey Dave, if you had to do a gig playing organ (B3X) for some songs on the Numa X, how do you think it would go? Could you get by with the Tp110?

Absolutely! But I would have to adjust for certain requirements of organ playing, like changing the keyboard sensitivity all the way up (makes a HUGE difference)... But I am not changing my performance rig. I prefer to compromise my playing techniques for piano and EP on the Mojo action, than compromise my playing techniques for organ on the Numa.  

If I had the room, I would add the Numa to my double manual Mojo 61... but alas, the gigs I play can barely accommodate my present footprint!

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

2 hours ago, CyberGene said:

Not sure if this has been discussed but in one of the YouTube videos where they present the acoustic piano (semi) modeled engine, there are comments in Italian under the video where it is confirmed some of the engineers (including the presenter) and the know-how come from GEM. Remember ProMega 3?

That makes sense. I loved my GEM when I owned it.  Great products. 

• Like 2

Although I plan on using this keyboard for a pop/rock/jazz jams, I am predominantly a classical pianist and there’s always this slight feeling of being limited with less than 88 keys, so even though it’s a bit longer for a portable keyboard, I’m glad I went with 88 since I can still play my favorite Scriabin without missing keys in those rare cases when I am not around my AvantGrand 😀

Has anyone considered the GT model? I'm slightly apprehensive about the TP400 being too heavy for my liking (the Yamaha CP/YC 88s are) although I do wonder if the other mechanics of the TP400 would make it easier on the hands nonetheless. Not talking about the actual weight of the GT for gigs, just the action as opposed to the TP110. Any thoughts on this?

Here for the gear.

I would love to have the GT model and I believe it has a better action but a travel weight of 22kg is way too much for my liking and besides it touches on the price point of Yamaha already and if I’m going to spend too much on a heavy stage piano, I’d stick to the big and proven brand. 

15 hours ago, drawback said:

Has anyone considered the GT model?

Yep, I´m interested in the GT model.

But 1st I´d have to find out if the action is heavier weighted and more sluggish than a Yammi KX88 and/ or Rhodes MK80.

The MK80´s action is incredibly fast,- keys return quickly and don´t bounce back,- no key side-to-side wiggling also.

I play it since 1990,- mostly as a MIDI - controller,- just because of that behaviour and it´s flat top, .

It plays well still and I had to replace keylanding- and keyrelease- felts only once.

Nonetheless, I miss the aftertouch, more MIDI CC pedal/switch connectors and USB (in addition to 5-pin DIN MIDI I/Os).

Numa X ticks a lot of boxes already,- up to 300 voice polyphony, the 4 ch. mixer and USB audio are ice on the cake,- and I like the GT´s wooden side panels.

Playing a GT before pulling the trigger would be ideal ... 😉

A.C.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2022 at 5:46 AM, Al Coda said:

Yep, I´m interested in the GT model.

But 1st I´d have to find out if the action is heavier weighted and more sluggish than a Yammi KX88 and/ or Rhodes MK80.

The MK80´s action is incredibly fast,- keys return quickly and don´t bounce back,- no key side-to-side wiggling also.

I play it since 1990,- mostly as a MIDI - controller,- just because of that behaviour and it´s flat top, .

It plays well still and I had to replace keylanding- and keyrelease- felts only once.

Nonetheless, I miss the aftertouch, more MIDI CC pedal/switch connectors and USB (in addition to 5-pin DIN MIDI I/Os).

Numa X ticks a lot of boxes already,- up to 300 voice polyphony, the 4 ch. mixer and USB audio are ice on the cake,- and I like the GT´s wooden side panels.

Playing a GT before pulling the trigger would be ideal ... 😉

A.C.

My Piano X 88 with the TP110 does not bounce or wiggle at all. I assume the TP400 is the same. I hated trying other digital pianos with those wiggly keyboards. The TP110 is very impressive.

• Like 1

Some interesting shipping and TP110 news from “Pianoman Chuck”. 

• Like 1

So has anyone tried out the aftertouch? I'm curious if the new system of having it connected to the hammer actually makes it more expressive and easier to control like they claim. Not that I probably care too much as long as it's good enough for some transient modulation. Can the board produce decent lead synth sounds?

18 hours ago, funkyhammond said:

So has anyone tried out the aftertouch? I'm curious if the new system of having it connected to the hammer actually makes it more expressive and easier to control like they claim. Not that I probably care too much as long as it's good enough for some transient modulation. Can the board produce decent lead synth sounds?

Yes... The aftertouch works fine.  It controls multiple keys. And the synth sounds are pretty impressive as well. They cover all the basics... sawtooth, square, horns, strings, etc...  and they have great editing functions like cutoff freq, etc.  I can see covering all the songs I play with these. I can't tell you if it improves the transient modulation. I just have a blast playing through the presets on this unit. Sounds awesome.

Five days playing it and no hand pain. I think it passes the test.

• Like 2

My next question... Who makes a good soft case for this? I ordered a Rockville 73 key slim case but it arrived with a broken wheel.  OY.  Any suggestions? 

2 hours ago, HammondDave said:

My next question... Who makes a good soft case for this? I ordered a Rockville 73 key slim case but it arrived with a broken wheel.  OY.  Any suggestions? 

Not sure if Yamaha makes a soft case for the CP/YC88 but something like that would probably work well.  Another option is the Nord case but those are not cheap.

Instruments: Walters Grand Console Upright Piano circa 1950 something, Kurzweil PC4-88, Ibanez TMB-100
Studio Gear: Audient EVO16, JBL 305P MKII monitors, assorted microphones, Reaper

2 hours ago, HammondDave said:

You want the Gator GKB 61 Slim; size is just right

Legend '70s Compact, Jupiter-Xm, Studiologic Numa X 73

17 minutes ago, Brad Kaenel said:

You want the Gator GKB 61 Slim; size is just right

Oops, my bad.  That bag is correct for the X-73.  I did not compare the lengths on the X-88, but maybe the next size GKB Slim would be the one?

Legend '70s Compact, Jupiter-Xm, Studiologic Numa X 73

Been looking into this ahead of my Numa X Piano 73 preorder delivery (couldn’t tell you much re: the 88, though I’m sure some of this research applies). Just going by interior dimensions listed online, for the 73, the Gator Slim 61 is the closest fitting option for the least dough. But it offers no shoulder or backpack straps to support the 25-pound Numa. The Fusion F3-19 K 6 B fits perfectly with the included foam blocks in place and features both types of straps (shoulder and backpack). But it is out of stock and won’t be available from the company until July. The Soundwear Stagebag from Thomann also fits the 73 very well, isn’t that much more than the Gator Slim, and offers a shoulder strap. Can recommend this brand highly since I use the 88-key version for my Yamaha CP4. In terms of hard shell cases, the Pelican V730 should fit the 73 exactly right when you cut into the fitted foam. The Cabela’s Wheeled Tactical Rifle case should work as well. Both are 100-200 dollars depending on where you buy. Other hard cases are either much more expensive (I.e. SKB keyboard cases) or too thin in terms of height (I.e. the Apache 9800).

Numa X Piano 73 | Yamaha CP4 | Mojo 61 | Motion Sound KP-612s | Hammond M3

Studiologic makes soft cases for their keyboards.  They have 2 types, and 'Type B' will work for the Numa X Piano 88 because it is virtually the same size as the SL88 Grand  or SL88 Studio.  No wheels though.  I have a 'Type A' for the Numa Compact 2x and it's been pretty durable.  https://www.studiologic-music.com/products/softcase/

Looks like an Amazon reseller has it for $99, which is a great price (usually ~$200-$250). But  I would double check w/them to be sure it's Type B. Because even though the dimensions seem right, the description states SL88 'Compact' which does not exist (but they do list also the SL88 Grand). Seems the description & photos may be a combination both types (?) 

https://www.amazon.com/Studiologic-Soft-Case-SL-Keyboards/dp/B07JNJ4VRP/ref=sr_1_16?crid=3LR1X46RHLMIM&keywords=studiologic+softcase+B&qid=1651546117&sprefix=studiologic+softcase+b%2Caps%2C57&sr=8-16

7 hours ago, HammondDave said:

I bought a Soundwear Stagebag NP-76 from Thomann. Super snug fit and good quality. 

Yamaha CP88, EV zxa1

7 hours ago, thomsurf said:

I bought a Soundwear Stagebag NP-76 from Thomann. Super snug fit and good quality. 

Hi Thomsurf...  Just to confirm, you are talking about the Numa Piano X 88, correct?

• Like 1