Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What's in your ears?

p90jr

One of the greatest guitarists who ever lived, Duane Eddy is an intricate, soulful player who creates some awesome tones with his Gretsch.

Duane Eddy's guitar playing is so powerful, that it could make a colon rupture or start an earthquake.

• Like 2

While I was never that much of a Moody Blues fan, Ride My Seesaw, penned by bassist John Lodge, is one of their best songs. It stalled at #61 in America but fared better in the UK, where it was the 42nd most popular song of the year.

The twanging Telecaster solo from Justin Hayward is the icing on the cake.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, surfergirl said:

Queen Lili'uokalani wrote over 150 songs, this is the most popular one. It has been recorded be many artists including Elvis.

https://youtu.be/ONFMei_PpNQ

A beautiful song, and probably one of the few songs most mainlanders would know with seconds of hearing it.

• Like 3

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

On 2/20/2023 at 2:35 PM, p90jr said:

This song and its vibe and melody and chord progression/key shifts have haunted my brain for weeks... and of I course I had to fish out the nylon string guitar and play along with it the first time I heard it... 

Nice...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

9 hours ago, hurricane hugo said:

I knew Steve Howe was in this band before Yes, but I never heard them before now:

I have known that song since I was a kid.  Though I rarely hear it on the radio these days, I’ve always liked it.

Amusingly, though, I had no clue Steve Howe was a member! 🤣

• Like 3

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

• 2 weeks later...

In 1973, Ten Years After keyboardist Chick Churchill recorded a solo album, You and Me, that is certainly worth checking out. It doesn’t quite sound like a TYA album: it actually is semi commercial prog rock/hard rock that might appeal to ELP or Rick Wakeman. Supertramp members Roger Hodgson and Rick Davies also play on several tracks on the album.

• Like 2

Here’s a little piece of “math rock” from Alarmist I’ve enjoyed for some time.

Not gonna lie, I like the imagery as much as the song.  I’d LOVE to have that installation on my bedroom wall!😂 

Here’s another from them:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Newest Metal from Vintersea, The death growls not her best but over all they are becoming more and more proggy. 

• Like 1

1997 PRS CE24, 1981 Greco MSV 850, 1991 Greco V 900, 2 2006 Dean Inferno Flying Vs, 1987 Gibson Flying V, 2000s Jackson Dinky/Soloist, 1992 Gibson Les Paul Studio,

• 2 weeks later...

@IMMusicRulz  Marshall Tucker is one of my all-time favorite bands from back in the 70's.  I've posted Desert Skies before, so I'll select another tune this time around LoL!  Check out this one for some cool lyrics and playing in the Bob Away My Blues tune:  🤠👍

• Like 2
Take care, Larryz