Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What's in your ears?

p90jr

3 hours ago, IMMusicRulz said:

Not only is Video Killed The Radio Star the first video ever played on MTV, it is also perhaps well known for the fact that Buggles keyboardist Geoff Downes was also a member of Yes and Asia in the Eighties.

Fellow Buggle Trevor Horn was as well.

• Like 4

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

I will admit, Elvin Bishop is a very good guitarist, I love his tone he gets out of his 345, and Mickey Thomas pours his heart and soul with the lead vocals. I actually bought the 45 of this song at a Fodac store yesterday.

And if you've ever seen Mickey Thomas perform with Jefferson Starship, you will know that he takes extremely good care of his voice, and it still sounds like it did back in the Seventies and Eighties!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

They are my template. I started thinking about a duo when I first discovered them. My loyalty to the band didn't allow me time to move forward until now.

Edit: that sounds like I felt they where holding me back. That's couldn't be farther from the truth. I enjoyed every minute of the time spent with 3 of my BFF. 

• Like 2

Jennifer S.

2 hours ago, surfergirl said:

From Saratoga Springs. A place on my long list of places I'd like to visit.

Hey! That's not very far from where I currently live, about an hour and a half drive, much of that through the countryside- and I believe that I was even once in that very establishment many years ago, or possibly the same location under a different proprietor. That's pretty close to SPAC, the Saratoga Performing Arts Center, where I've seen David Gilmore, Steely Dan, Steve Winwood, Cheap Trick, Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience, Foreigner... You could spend a Summer or two and an Autumn (maybe even Winter and Spring!) exploring the greater Upstate New York, Adirondack, Finger Lakes, and Southern Tier regions and you'd surely love it...

• Like 3

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

18 minutes ago, surfergirl said:

Love The Band, especially Levon Helm. Here he is with another favorite of mine Sissy Spacek.

https://youtu.be/yhe5HB389UY

Cool tune surfergirl! 

The Band by The Band (aka The Brown Album) is one of my favorite records of all time. Not a bad song on it.

• Like 4
It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

7 hours ago, IMMusicRulz said:

Two of my very favorite Cream tunes, and among my very favorite tunes in general.

I used to do "White Room" with a band- and also as a very 'different' solo instrumental version, that I dedicated each of the few times that I played it that way, by myself, to the victims, their family, friends, and the survivors, of the tragic, horrific, senseless Pulse nightclub mass murder.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dannyalcatraz said:

IMHO, the title track sounds like it belongs on a James Bond movie soundtrack.

Definitely! With a classic 007 animated/stylized graphics credits intro playing out along with the song...

Speaking of 'classic', that's some classic Billy Duffy tone and playing right there. Makes me want to hear more!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Dannyalcatraz said:

Just as an FYI…

I was listening to NIN’s “Closer” on YouTube last night, but at 2x speed.  It sounded like a Devo cover!🤪

Try opening two tabs of the same YouTube vid simultaneously, for an echo effect...

In the '80s, I was at a party where someone played a recording of the entire album The Wall by Pink Floyd- backwards, from end to beginning.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, surfergirl said:

We saw Tommy Emmanuel in 2018. I wasn't sure what to expect, but loved his show. 

https://youtu.be/KD4G3mFLofU

Outstanding.

• Like 1