Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What's in your ears?

p90jr

On 10/17/2022 at 12:29 AM, Dannyalcatraz said:

Don’t remember if I’ve posted this before, but this band is back in my focus.  They’ve been rocking since the late 80s, but I only discovered them a few years ago.  

Unfotunately, Japanese rock & metal bands rarely tour in Texas, so I’ll probably never see them or any of the others I’d love to see live.

Wow! I like that! Thanks for posting that!

I particularly like the way they changed it up a bit at about 3:41 or so.

I can't decide if bassist Ken-ichi Suzuki is amusing- or scary. I certainly like his playing and his tones!

They're 'Metal', but they're a little 'different'. That's good!

• Like 1

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

@IMMusicRulz, we used to play Charlie Daniels tunes in my country rock band back in the early 80's. We had a ton of fun with the audiences, and I still love hearing them again today.  They bring back a lot of memories!  Here's another 'un: 🤠👍

• Like 4
Take care, Larryz

On 10/17/2022 at 3:49 PM, IMMusicRulz said:

Badass ensemble performance there!

I must confess, I was unfamiliar with Caleb Johnson. Seeing Jason Bonham's name there nudged me from 'maybe later', to 'I'll check this out now'... Glad I did! Johnson's got PIPES, and a boiler room!

I was surprised to see Bonham looking so much older here; he could've passed for a High Schooler, or at least a College Freshman, the first time I caught him in concert, in Jimmy Page's band on the Outrider Tour. We saw him a few years ago, too, with his own band, opening for Cheap Trick(!) and Foreigner.

But I digress...

Killer band there, firing on all pistons. :rawk:  :cool: 

11 hours ago, IMMusicRulz said:

Charlie Daniels may be gone, but his awesome music lives on.

A classic, and a funny one...

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Literally just a couple hours ago, I found out about a “supergroup” called Piroshka that released an album in July 2021.  It’s now on my shopping list.

Members:

Miki Birenyi (ex-Lush: Vox & guitar)

KJ “Moose” McKillop (ex-Moose: guitar & keyboards)

Mick Conroy (ex-Modern English: bass)

Justin Welch (ex-Elastica/Suede: drums)

• Like 1

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

Speaking of new things…I heard this first song for the first time driving home yesterday evening.  I checked out several of their videos- they have an updated punk/new wave vibe to me.

And another:

• Haha 1

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

Janet Jackson and Madonna may have ruled the eighties, but to me, Cyndi Lauper was more creative than the both of them combined. And more importantly: the woman playing her mother in the video is actually Cyndi's real mom, Catrine Gallo.

I always liked how The Bangles appear dressed as female pirates in the video for The Goonies R Good Enough.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, surfergirl said:

No introduction needed.

https://youtu.be/ENJHxo1w_10

Wow! What an A-List band all-around!

Bassist Leland Sklar has been a Member of these UBB MP Forums, and continues to be pretty active on Facebook and elsewhere. He's played with EVERYONE who's anyone for decades and decades; whoever you are, wherever you are, you've heard his playing, and maybe even seen him in photos and videos.

I personally know someone who has a photo (that I saw personally 'in real life' ;)) of theirself and their Son on either side of Lee, arms about each others' shoulders- smirking grins and middle fingers raised high!  :D 

Here's a portrait of the artist as a young man...  ;) :D 

DRPnnzj.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, IMMusicRulz said:

Enya may be an overrated singer, but I still love her song Orinoco Flow.

This is my personal favorite Enya track:

• Like 2

On 9/14/2022 at 8:08 PM, surfergirl said:

Jerry Lee Lewis and Norah Jones

https://youtu.be/HLaJs54NrXg

I thought I would revive my old post. Jerry Lee Lewis passed away at 87 years old. This is from The Last Man Standing DVD. I hardly ever recommend things, but this a great DVD. I will be watching it tonight. 

• Like 3

Jennifer S.

4 hours ago, Dannyalcatraz said:

Chino Moreno of the great metal band Deftones has many side projects.  One- Crosses- is releasing a new EP in a couple months.

Lap Steel, very cool... The sequenced synth bits remind me of parts of MGMT's "Siberian Breaks", a particular favorite of Elizabeth's and mine (as is this fan-made video)...

• Like 1

On 10/25/2022 at 8:29 PM, Caevan O’Shite said:

Wow! What an A-List band all-around!

Bassist Leland Sklar has been a Member of these UBB MP Forums, and continues to be pretty active on Facebook and elsewhere. He's played with EVERYONE who's anyone for decades and decades; whoever you are, wherever you are, you've heard his playing, and maybe even seen him in photos and videos.

I personally know someone who has a photo (that I saw personally 'in real life' ;)) of theirself and their Son on either side of Lee, arms about each others' shoulders- smirking grins and middle fingers raised high!  :D 

Here's a portrait of the artist as a young man...  ;) :D 

DRPnnzj.jpg

It's been a while but I was in Salt Lake City visiting my sister and friends and a friend of a friend bought us all tickets to go see Toto live, an outdoor venue whose name escapes me. Leland was on bass, in my opinion he was the high point of the entire show. He nailed everything, flawless, soulful and toneful. 

One of those wonderful surprises that just happen. 

• Like 2
It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

56 minutes ago, IMMusicRulz said:

Love some Ian Anderson!

Saw Jethro Tull 3 or 4 times (not enough brain cells!!!). Great live show. That said, the last time I saw them was at the Tulare County Fair and Cheap Trick opened for them. 

As good as they were, Cheap Trick ate their lunch. 

• Like 1
It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

9 hours ago, KuruPrionz said:

As good as they were, Cheap Trick ate their lunch.

LOVE Cheap Trick! One of the best live bands I've ever seen and heard. A real Top Fuel Dragster of a Rock band, firing on ALL pistons. OUTSTANDING. When Elizabeth and I caught them a few years ago as one of a couple of opening acts at a three band lineup, they were not only the best, Robin Zander's voice was remarkably fine, good as ever and stunningly intact and still good for lilting melodies even after the screachier passages of "Auf Wierdersehen", which would have left most so-called singers hoarse and croaking. I leaned over to Elizabeth and said, "THAT'S what Axl Rose wishes he could be when he grows up!"

It was the live Cheap Trick  at Budokan album- first heard in the US as bootlegs and imported Japanese promotional copies and the like, not originally intended for release here(!)- that really kicked their career into high-gear, in spite of a scorcher of a debut album in 1977 with Cheap Trick. Despite a lot of solid songwriting, record company people and producers conspired to make their second and third albums sound and feel, overall, very tamed, watered-down, Muzak friendly after their first album...  :rolleyes:  Compare some of the songs on Budokan with the original studio versions on In Color and Heaven Tonight.  I wore out several copies each of Budokan, 1977's Cheap Trick, and Dream Police back in the day!

• Like 2