Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What's in your ears?

p90jr

On 8/23/2022 at 12:55 PM, Dannyalcatraz said:

Yngwie’s ego hasn’t really done him any favors, no question.  I’ll say this, though- in my experience, there’s a LOT of performers who are like him…or worse.  It’s just that his character flaws actually get released to the press.  (Most if the others have enough sense to HIDE their darker selves.)

At any rate, here’s a couple of my favorite YJM “shower songs”, from (as I recall) Rising Force and Marching Out, his 1st & 3rd solo albums.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mTy6BTQWcwY

Dude has crazy chops on that Strat!

• Like 1
It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

• 3 weeks later...

Hawkwind--Silver Machine 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfniG-AdSC4

Listen very closely, and you can hear Motorhead mainstay Lemmy Kilmister on lead vocals. (Lemmy also played a Gibson Thunderbird on the original version of Silver Machine, before moving over to Rickenbacker basses).

As a matter of fact, Lemmy played with Hawkwind from 1971 to 1975. He was fired in 75 following a drug bust, which eventually led to him forming Motorhead.

• Like 2

Some of the visuals in this are from the Superunknown video game. Yes, there was a Superunknown video game; it came a one of the discs in a limited edition of the CD single. I have it around here somewhere, but I never tried to load in into my computer because I didn't get my 1st computer until 9 years later. Anyway, I love this song. It makes me wanna stride thru the world like a colossus.

• Like 3
  • Cool 1
  • Love 1

30 minutes ago, hurricane hugo said:

King's X released a new album a couple of weeks ago. I didn't find out about until last night; here's one of the new songs:

• Like 3

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

3 hours ago, hurricane hugo said:

My fave of YT's recent recommends. Been blasting this 2x daily for several days now, and I'll probably continue doing it thru the oncoming winter. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Nice... :cool:  Thanks! "Takes me back"... !

• Like 2

On 9/18/2022 at 1:44 PM, hurricane hugo said:

My fave of YT's recent recommends. Been blasting this 2x daily for several days now, and I'll probably continue doing it thru the oncoming winter. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

As a fan of both goth & surf, I approve of this fusion!

• Like 4

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

watch?v=wsukSiGcUng

Let me tell you, hearing Bruce Springsteen cover Keep The Car Running by Arcade Fire with the actual members of Arcade Fire is awesome! A once in a lifetime event that will probably never happen again!

As you can tell from the video, the guy who shot this footage and can't stop screaming, "Oh my God!" I was quite surprised to see Bruce and Arcade Fire on the same tour together. You would be too.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, surfergirl said:

I've posted several covers by Reina del Cid. Here is an original. Searching for one that works. Check back latter. Found one.🙂

https://youtu.be/TogJbj7jEu0

Good songwriting and performance; and I like Toni Lindgren's tasty, tasteful fills and leads there!

• Like 2

watch?v=VNM0iydkaCk

watch?v=suzwkw0dYmM

Del Amitri were massive back home in the UK, but meant nothing here in America, which is a shame. They weren't exactly Britpop, but they do have the multi tracked vocals, great bass work from Justin Currie and jangly guitars, so I guess they count as a Britpop band. Wish they were as more well known as Blur and Oasis, though.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dannyalcatraz said:

Currently digging on the studio & live versions of “Pin It Down” by Madison Cunningham:

Tasty. I like the live rendition better.

• Like 2