Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What's in your ears?

p90jr

10 hours ago, surfergirl said:

Been working the song list for our next adventure. We decided on a fresh start, only one songs from my previous lists. 19 new songs to learn. This is the last song added.

https://youtu.be/Fe5oU-xuZCk

Nice! A classic, and a silly, funny one, at that!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

1 hour ago, surfergirl said:

Mr. Cruz came to my school 2012 when I was in the 7th grade and I got a chance to talk to him and received some encouragement.

I love that kind of stuff...  :) 

• Like 2

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I didn’t get to know Hedges’ work until his final album, Torched.  But I’ve been working my way backwards through his catalog ever since.

You know someone’s a badass guitar player if Andy McKee covers their stuff:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

Flash are a lesser known progressive rock band formed by Yes keyboardist Tony Kate and Yes guitarist Peter Banks. Small Beginnings, whose riff borrows heavily from that of The Who's Pinball Wizard, climbed to #28 on the Billboard Hot 100 and became the band's only big hit.

• Like 2

This song and its vibe and melody and chord progression/key shifts have haunted my brain for weeks... and of I course I had to fish out the nylon string guitar and play along with it the first time I heard it... 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I seem to have forgotten about posting this:

I’m digging this.  Seriously digging this.

Here’s the thing…

I’ve been SERIOUSLY into New Wave and Alternative music since 1979 or so.  I have definitely heard of Paramore.  So it surprises me that in all that time, I’ve MAYBE heard one other song from Paramore before this newest album…and I didn’t realize it was a Paramore song.  They’ve been in the biz close to 20 years.  How did I miss them?

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

Along with the Eagles and the Grateful Dead, the Flying Burrito Brothers are a good example of artists taking their country and bluegrass backgrounds and fusing it with a more rock flavored direction. Among the many musicians that played with them included Bernie Leadon of the Eagles, and Chris Hillman and Michael Clarke of the Byrds.

If you don't generally listen to a lot of country music or bluegrass, I wouldn't recommend you listen to The Flying Burrito Brothers.

• Like 1