Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

Nektar Impact LX88+

IMG_20221230_144542994_HDR.thumb.jpg.dcfec8ad4d22e33783fc29215d20d8e9.jpg

IMG_20221230_155506982_HDR.thumb.jpg.a1a1af0be26147522b641333625e919e.jpg

• Like 3

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, MX61/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

I grabbed a RME Babyface in original box w/ bag, all the cables and PSU, 2 studio monitor stands and a screen from captain of a cruise liner not using the gear much,- all for 220 bucks and in excellent condition.

It´s the 1st time I´ll try a USB-audio interface, so I hope it´ll work good.

:)

A.C.

• Like 2

Grabbed IK Multimedia's Total Studio 3.5 MAX for dirt cheap.  So far, I've just had time to mess around with the B-3X.  Love it quite a bit.  Can't wait to dive into some more of this stuff.

• Like 1

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, MX61/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

- Some sound libraries for my MODX - KSounds Organimation, Synthogy American Grand, and Purgatory Creek Vintage Keys Collection

- 2002 Indonesian Squire strat in dark green in great shape, $80

- New-in-box Line6 Pod HD400 (Line6 had an new-old-stock warehouse clearance sale)

- Barcus Berry acoustic-electric violin as a gift for a family member

- Used Behringer DR-600 reverb pedal and a used Behringer Xenyx 802 mixer - for the project below.

- A dual outlet box, some Switchcraft 1/4" jacks, and various other assorted components, to build a 6-channel line output module for this bad boy that was delivered back home in October or so:

Baldwin D421A digital pipe organ, circa ~1994. Full midi implementation, AGO console, built in the USA (Baldwin's only digital line built here - D4xx series), sampled orchestral sound module built-in (fairly decent sounds by today's standards), and even has a 32' contra bourdon stop. Actual organ stop sound quality is better than the equivalent Rodgers or Allen technology at the time. I grew up with this organ at my old church before we moved when I was in high school; with the church remodeling, they decided that the organ was no longer used (I was the last organist) and ultimately it came my way. It is also huge and very heavy compared to similar consoles from other manufacturers. Quite a beast, and it sounds great! Especially with the line output box, sent through a mixer and the Behringer reverb pedal in the FX loop (not pictured).

IMG-5863.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wow! 2
  • Cool 3
  • Love 2

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

For myself: I'm diving into guitar pedals to augment my Boog PolyD. I've always been an effects and Wah guy, but never analog hardware, so this is new territory for me! Got a Morley Distortion Wah and chorus pedal, which create some screaming hard rock leads with no 1s or 0s! It's a joy to play.

For my bands: I got a Midas MR18 digital mixer, which has already completely changed and simplified our setup. Mixer Presets just make everything easy, and each gig improves on the last!

• Like 1

Puck Funk! :)

Equipment: Laptop running lots of nerdy software, some keyboards, noise makersâ¦yada yada yadaâ¦maybe a cat?

It's not only music related but can do really well, it's a Gigabyte Aero 16 4k OLED notebook that I'm now using, with fast I7-12700H/16Meg 4800DDR5/1TB Nvme4 Samsung (7000MB/s read speed) and probably the world's best 4K+ (ratio 16:10) 10 bit HDR 16" OLED screen. About $1600 (including Dutch taxes and shipping from California) sale.

Fedora 37 is on (besides Windows 11), and DaVinci Resolve works good with the Nvidia 3070Ti, without sounding like a vacuum cleaner in normal use.

T

New Jackson X-Series CBXNT DX Concert Bass IV w/case, new strap, etc. PJ style with active 3-band EQ, smooth and fast neck/playability, and I do like the rather controversial color/Rickenbacker-esque combination.

IMG-6298.jpg

• Like 3

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

9 hours ago, Husker said:

How do you like it? I've been looking at them since it was announced.   

I have been reviewing all the posts and videos I can find before I finally purchased it.  I haven't spent too much time with it yet since I wanted to update to the newest operating system.  from what I played so far, it's a monster.  just might be my go to synth, and I have a bunch of plug-ins and 14 other keyboards.  go for it, you won't be disappointed.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/20/2022 at 3:22 PM, Garubi said:

IK Multimedia UNO Synth Pro, analog paraphonic synth.

Very easy to tweak despite the controls matrix (and I'm really not a synth guy).

Did you get the editing software? It's very well done, and makes programming the thing about 300% easier.

If you check the GearLab section, I did a little review and video there.

https://forums.musicplayer.com/topic/182449-uno-synth-pro-impressions-and-sounds/

• Like 2

On 2/5/2023 at 9:22 PM, marino said:
On 12/20/2022 at 3:22 PM, Garubi said:

IK Multimedia UNO Synth Pro, analog paraphonic synth.

Very easy to tweak despite the controls matrix (and I'm really not a synth guy).

Did you get the editing software? It's very well done, and makes programming the thing about 300% easier.

If you check the GearLab section, I did a little review and video there.

https://forums.musicplayer.com/topic/182449-uno-synth-pro-impressions-and-sounds/

Hi Carlo,

It was your review that convinced me to purchase the UNO 😉 (well, your review and the Matt Jonson's video)

Thank you very much!

I downloaded the editor but still never used... I'll try it soon 

Stefano

My band: www.tupamaros.it - Our music: https://tupamaros-it.bandcamp.com/

Galanti Accordion + Voicelive Play | Roland FA-07 | GSI Gemini Rack | MIDI Drawbars controller (custom made) | IK Multimedia UNO Synth Pro 

My M-Audio el-cheapo expression pedals finally snapped and exploded with all the Christmas/NY gigs.
They did great for a number of years, but stand on 'em you can't.

Bit a bullet and got a couple of Boss FV500s. Had these years ago and they lasted a long time. Love the feel of them.

Also, for some reason while scrolling thru Amazon, I got a Streamdeck XL, which I'm sure will come in handy for something on gigs/QLab/Mainstage/digi mixers…!

• 3 weeks later...

The stringed-instrument collection continues to grow...ESP LTD MH-100QMNT guitar to have an HH-style on hand with roundwounds/downtuning as needed. The previous owner upgraded the neck pickup it seems (not sure what the model is but it sounds fantastic) and gave me the factory pickup as well plus a set of strings. This thing sounds sweet, especially that upgraded neck pickup.

IMG-6714.jpg

• Love 1

Signed up for a 14-day trial at Pickup Music, and decided to keep going with the subscription.

The content is quite different compared to TrueFire.   Less rock, blues rock and blues.  More R&B, gospel, and neo-soul.   

Another difference is for some courses, you have to record a video of your playing and submit it to advance from one grade to the next.

• Like 2

Ordered a Keylab MkII 61 last Wednesday.  It was supposed to be here this past Saturday, but as usual, FedEx just takes their sweet time...

Hardware

Software

22 hours ago, Mighty Motif Max said:

The stringed-instrument collection continues to grow...ESP LTD MH-100QMNT guitar to have an HH-style on hand with roundwounds/downtuning as needed. The previous owner upgraded the neck pickup it seems (not sure what the model is but it sounds fantastic) and gave me the factory pickup as well plus a set of strings. This thing sounds sweet, especially that upgraded neck pickup.

IMG-6714.jpg

Dang, that is one purdy piece of wood!  Even though I'm not a guitar player (I want to learn though) I've always liked all the different super strat style guitars out there.

• Like 1

Instruments: Walters Grand Console Upright Piano circa 1950 something, Kurzweil PC4-88, Ibanez TMB-100
Studio Gear: Audient EVO16, JBL 305P MKII monitors, assorted microphones, Reaper

Just arrived...

IMG_20230228_130711544.thumb.jpg.3d67908bbee529290d3672e067e0f7dd.jpg

• Like 5
  • Cool 1

Hardware

Software

• 2 weeks later...

Just took delivery of a Digital Music MX-8 MIDI patchbay, purchased from Reverb.  Alas, it arrived D. O. A.  Going to send it back and try to find another one.

Hardware

Software

5 minutes ago, justin_havu said:

Just took delivery of a Digital Music MX-8 MIDI patchbay, purchased from Reverb.  Alas, it arrived D. O. A.  Going to send it back and try to find another one.

I have one, I'll PM you

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)