Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

YC88, picked it up about a month ago. Here it is on its first gig. Having a lot of fun with this one.

I posted a few comments - initial impressions, etc. - on the ' Yamaha YC88 I'm Hooked' thread, here.

kgD8yjp.jpg

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

YC88, picked it up about a month ago. Here it is on its first gig. Having a lot of fun with this one.

I posted a few comments - initial impressions, etc. - on the ' Yamaha YC88 I'm Hooked' thread, here.

kgD8yjp.jpg

I just bought a Cp88 to sit under my Nord Stage 3 Compact! I love the pairing of the CP88 action with the waterfall keys on my Nord and can't wait to play a gig with the combo. Is that the HP version of the Nord?

Live Rig: CP88, Nord Stage 3 Compact, Moog Sub Phatty

Just ordered a Behringer TD-3 in purple. At $112 it has to be the best deal in desktop DAWless setups. What convinced me to order was seeing how dead simple it is to edit patterns through the computer. Looking forward to getting it even though I already have the Roland AIRA and Boutique versions. I mean, seriously, $112 for something that sounds that good.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

I just bought a Cp88 to sit under my Nord Stage 3 Compact! I love the pairing of the CP88 action with the waterfall keys on my Nord and can't wait to play a gig with the combo. Is that the HP version of the Nord?

Yes it is. Though the 73 Compact is spoken of as a better choice for organ and synth playing, I do okay with the HP 76 action. Helps to have a mid-heavy touch and fairly strong hands. And for single-keyboard gigs, it's my go-to instrument - covering piano, electro-mechanical keys and fully-editable sample-based / modeled synth tones extremely well. Though I still prefer Hammond's clonewheel tone (and have IK MM's B-3X), the pianos and synths in the Stage 3 are stronger for me than any similar all-in-one live keyboards.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Kawai ES-920. (Among other things after a big gear purge.)

No volume control on my acoustic piano! This solves the problem.

Couldn't find an ES-520 locally to try so I finally gave up on that.

I was a little hesitant to get one at first thinking that the return bounce of the keys might be a little annoying, but I liked the action better than anything else I've tried over the last year or two. After playing the ES-920 now for a couple of days the bounce is a total non issue and I was concerned about nothing.

The biggest purchase of my life. My teacher said it was time to get an acoustic, so after much research and trying many pianos, I traded my AvantGrand N2 in towards a used Steinway Model M. It was the top of my price range, but I am overjoyed. Despite being 5"7', the low end is still nice and full. It is having some final prep done, but will post pics once safely in its new home.

As per my post in the other thread, VB3m for iPhone. £14 well spent, works seamlessly with my MODX and Ocean Beach Drawbars. Sounds better than the organ on my electro, and running it through the MODX effects is pretty fun.

Hammond SKX

Mainstage 3

The most important piece of gear here in the Carolinas as we move into 'summer concert series' season.

u15610-beauty-3q.jpg

Live: Yamaha S70XS (#1); Roland Jupiter-80; Mackie 1202VLZ4; IEMs or Traynor K4

Home: Hammond SK Pro 73; Moog Minimoog Voyager Electric Blue; Yamaha S70XS (#2); Wurlitzer 200A

I"ve been thinning the herd guitar wise. Sold a Les Paul Junior and today I parted with an SG. I have too many guitars and I"m parting with stuff I don"t play.

But I wanted something with a Floyd Rose that wasn"t glow in the dark neon color like my 1987 Ibanez. Today I picked up a San Dimas Charvel. Nice flame top with this dark green transparent finish.

A month ago I had been with the company 25 years. I got to pick a gift from a company awards catalog. Got a new Tablet. It"s huge. 13+ inches. I need to install MobileSheetsPro. Transfer all my charts and find a holder and stand that will support this beast. This might be a future thread.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

The biggest purchase of my life. My teacher said it was time to get an acoustic, so after much research and trying many pianos, I traded my AvantGrand N2 in towards a used Steinway Model M. It was the top of my price range, but I am overjoyed. Despite being 5"7', the low end is still nice and full. It is having some final prep done, but will post pics once safely in its new home.

It feels good to hear this, in part because I got to start on a Baldwin 6' that spoke with authority. That was followed by a Yamaha 6'. There's no question about full grands having that added thunder, but after playing a few (including a Bosendorfer Imperial Grand), I realized that the little guys weren't at all lacking in real-world terms. You made a good choice. :thu::keys:

Absurdity, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.
    ~ "The Devil's Dictionary," Ambrose Bierce

Medium-sized buckets of Xanax and Alka-Seltzer, because I'm about to land a new Mac Mini. Here comes the avalanche of app upgrades & nail-chewing as I learn what makes the cut and what ends up as a dessicated lizard on the shoulder of the road. Anal-retention is good in backup terms, but it still takes a week or three to iron it all out. Likewise a decent, higher-res monitor. Pappy needs the visual boost.

Absurdity, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.
    ~ "The Devil's Dictionary," Ambrose Bierce

Direct Sound Studio Plus+ Isolating Headphones. Lowers outside dB by 33 dB. Hopefully that will be the end of the isolating headphones search.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76| Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT, Kurzweil PC4 (88)

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Yamaha Motif XS7. Great board!

Roland RD-2000, Yamaha Motif XF7, Mojo 61, Invisible keyboard stand (!!!!!), 1939 Martin Handcraft Imperial trumpet

"Everyone knows rock music attained perfection in 1974. It is a scientific fact." -- Homer Simpson

Finally managed to get a Voyager. After looking for YEARS and watching the prices climbing up, this one popped up on Facebook Market nearby at a reasonable price. After a very interesting exchange (the guy is an artist who just loved how it looked and playing with it to make weird sounds) it is now mine! This was going to be my retirement gift to me, but it's arrived a few years early. I certainly wasn't looking for an XL but it was just too good a deal and condition to pass up. It sounds so good. Currently running it through a Lexicon 200 for a little delay and reverb too. Now I need to figure out where to put the PolyBrute. I did buy the legs for it...

http://vrcms.asyuler.com/wp-content/uploads/Voyager-XL.jpg

2127.thumb.jpg.d7233ad1e5003a22b265d7ad285b19bb.jpg

Kurzweil PC3x - Polybrute - Voyager XL - Minitaur - Roland PK-5 - Integra-7 - TR-8s - KArp Odyssey

"Prog keyboardists are supposed to look like they're manning the helm of the Starship Enterprise..." -synthizen2

I couldn´t resist when there was a Creamware NOAH EX (the rare extended version) on offer in good and working condition.

It makes my Creamware / Sonic Core collection complete.

EUR 400,- shipping included ...

I´m waiting for arrival ...

CW NOAH (EX)

:)

A.C.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been AWOL from the forum for a little while, just dealing with life and re-entry, but I'm happy to return to show off my shiny new (well, lightly used, courtesy my friend and yours, Outkaster) Yamaha CP88.

I've got some solo singer/songwriter gigs and a new album coming out in the next few months, a part of my musical life I've been mostly neglecting for the past five or six years, and the Casio Privia PX3 I bought for $800 in 2010 hadn't been doing the trick for me so much anymore! I'd always lusted after the CP4 watching Chuck Leavell play it with the Stones, and I'm now at the stage of my life where if I'm going to buy new gear, it should be the gear I really want, instead of the gear I think I can make do with. Still in the get-to-know-you stage with the Yamaha -- taking it out for its first gig this weekend -- but I'm loving it, especially the CFX sample. I'll be playing a little more Rhodes with this axe than in the past, I think; it's taking me a little time to dial in the Wurlis the way I like them, but this will primarily be an acoustic piano board anyway. Gotta tell you, though -- I've gotten real used to the actions on my Hammond and Wurlitzer and associated lightweight digital clones over the last few years, and the action on my little spinet acoustic upright is also extremely light and fast. It's taking me some getting used to playing something with more of a grand piano type response -- I remember in the big CP73/88 thread seeing a few complaints about the CP88 action feeling too light, and I'm glad I didn't go with something any heavier than this. Definitely needing to mind my technique a bit so I don't wear myself out on all my honky-tonk licks...

Anyway, great to have a stage piano I'm excited to play for the first time in awhile. Thanks again to Jason for giving me a sweet deal on it -- you see the edge of his XK5 in the top of the attached photo, and I feel I should mention it is up on Reverb if you want to grab a great clonewheel off a guy you know.

2151.thumb.jpg.7298b1b7e4af1deef1c68292dc4404ac.jpg

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

I've been AWOL from the forum for a little while, just dealing with life and re-entry, but I'm happy to return to show off my shiny new (well, lightly used, courtesy my friend and yours, Outkaster) Yamaha CP88.

I've got some solo singer/songwriter gigs and a new album coming out in the next few months, a part of my musical life I've been mostly neglecting for the past five or six years, and the Casio Privia PX3 I bought for $800 in 2010 hadn't been doing the trick for me so much anymore! I'd always lusted after the CP4 watching Chuck Leavell play it with the Stones, and I'm now at the stage of my life where if I'm going to buy new gear, it should be the gear I really want, instead of the gear I think I can make do with. Still in the get-to-know-you stage with the Yamaha -- taking it out for its first gig this weekend -- but I'm loving it, especially the CFX sample. I'll be playing a little more Rhodes with this axe than in the past, I think; it's taking me a little time to dial in the Wurlis the way I like them, but this will primarily be an acoustic piano board anyway. Gotta tell you, though -- I've gotten real used to the actions on my Hammond and Wurlitzer and associated lightweight digital clones over the last few years, and the action on my little spinet acoustic upright is also extremely light and fast. It's taking me some getting used to playing something with more of a grand piano type response -- I remember in the big CP73/88 thread seeing a few complaints about the CP88 action feeling too light, and I'm glad I didn't go with something any heavier than this. Definitely needing to mind my technique a bit so I don't wear myself out on all my honky-tonk licks...

Anyway, great to have a stage piano I'm excited to play for the first time in awhile. Thanks again to Jason for giving me a sweet deal on it -- you see the edge of his XK5 in the top of the attached photo, and I feel I should mention it is up on Reverb if you want to grab a great clonewheel off a guy you know.

Congrats! I just got a CP88 last month too, and I'm loving it so far! I also am having to get used to the weight of the keys. I thought it would be fairly similar to the Fatar keybed on my old Ensoniq TS12, but it's much heavier than that or my upright piano! Great board though, and much more lightweight than I thought it would be.

Live Rig: CP88, Nord Stage 3 Compact, Moog Sub Phatty

Just received a Blueridge BG-140 acoustic guitar which is pretty much a copy of a Gibson J-45 made with all solid woods. These have been backordered for months at all the major dealers. Found this on Amazon Warehouse Clearance listed as used and having a large blemish. It is actually in new condition but did have a problem with the bridge saddle which made it unplayable above the 5th fret. Shimmed the saddle and now plays great. Came with a very nice Blueridge leather gig bag.

YOTHER9755708.jpg

Also purchased a set of Zildjian A cymbals a few weeks ago. 14" New Beat Hi Hats, 20" Medium Ride, 16" Medium Crash, , and 14" Fast Crash.

441801000000080-00-1600x1600.jpg

zildjian-a-medium-ride-20.jpg

A0240-1400x1000.png

iniqc0xjlrvj5hfuk8cy.png

C3/122, M102A, Vox V301H, Farfisa Compact, Gibson G101, GEM P, RMI 300A, Piano Bass, Pianet , Prophet 5 rev. 2, Pro-One, Matrix 12, OB8, Korg MS20, Jupiter 6, Juno 60, PX-5S, Nord Stage 3 Compact

No picture, but I just bought a 4'x6' "entry rug," rubber bottomed, designed for people to wipe muddy boots on. It now goes under my keyboard stand, myself, and my recently home-made pedal board whenever I am on a wooden or concrete stage surface. The bottom of the pedal board is covered in 40-grit sandpaper, so when it sits on that rug it stays. No more pedal chasing! Bonus: I'm not grounded to anything when I am on that rug.

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

• 2 weeks later...

Hologram Infinite Jets . . .

My FL(Used)MS had one at a price I couldn't pass up. No photos, but this should do . . .

[video:youtube]

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com