Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Beer

hurricane hugo

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well guys:

good topic!

I love good beer,and in france we don't have so much good beer.

BUT i'm a big belgium beer fan!

Trappist belgium beer is incredibly good.

Just taste:

Chimay,la chouffe(my favorite),duvel,la biere des ours...etc etc

These beers are the best way to share a perfect friendly moment with all my friends after playing music.

Nord stage 2 EX88,Nord electro 5D,roland RD800,Roland FA08,Korg kingkorg,Korg PA4x,Yamaha PSR s970

Native instrument maschine studio et komplete 10.

I've been lucky, lived in Seattle before coming to the Bay Area, lots of great local breweries in both places. My wife and I like to vacation in Bend, OR, which might have the best collection of breweries anywhere. Per capita, at least.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

I've been lucky, lived in Seattle before coming to the Bay Area, lots of great local breweries in both places. My wife and I like to vacation in Bend, OR, which might have the best collection of breweries anywhere. Per capita, at least.

+1. Just had a couple bottles of Deschutes Fresh Squeezed at a holiday party tonight, A plug for Bell's from MI: love both Two Hearted Ale and Oberon.

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

I love a good IPA, but I've also been on a Stout kick lately. There is a local brewery that makes a nice Expresso Stout that is 10% ABV. I have a few of those in the fridge, and Lagunitas Day Time IPA (which is a "session" IPA with lower alcohol), Lagunitas Maximus which is a double IPA, and Kona Castaway IPA all in the garage staying chilled.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

I love a good IPA, but I've also been on a Stout kick lately. There is a local brewery that makes a nice Expresso Stout that is 10% ABV. I have a few of those in the fridge, and Lagunitas Day Time IPA (which is a "session" IPA with lower alcohol), Lagunitas Maximus which is a double IPA, and Kona Castaway IPA all in the garage staying chilled.

You're in Delaware and no shout-out to Dogfish Head? :confused:

http://www.beership.com/image/cache/data/worldwide_stout-500x500.jpg

Dogfish is one of my favorites! I don't have any on hand right now though. Last weekend I had a big bottle of their American Beauty, it's a great brew.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Love me some Lagunitas. I'm actually kinda impressed that their beer is available in Delaware.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

Love me some Lagunitas. I'm actually kinda impressed that their beer is available in Delaware.

Their distribution in the northeast is excellent. Same for Stone, Bear Republic, and Green Flash, all of whom make outstanding IPAs (and other beers too). Now if we could only get Russian River out here... :cry:

Dogfish is one of my favorites!

Same here. :cheers:

I've toured their brewery (loved the free samples) and eaten at the Dogfish Pub in Rehoboth, Delaware. Can't wait to go back next summer.

http://chewthedirt.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/t600-Dogfish1.jpg

http://www.washingtonian.com/articles/images/dogfish.jpg

http://www.dogfish.com/files/images/pub_1.preview.jpg

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

A weekly gig of mine is at this great bbq/gastropub about 5 minutes from my house. This past year we've had New England Brewing Company Gandhi Bot, Fuzzy Baby Ducks, Supernaut, Maine Lunch, Maine King Titus, Stone Enjoy By, Jack's Abby Kiwi Rising, Ithaca Flower Power, Victory Dirt Wolf, Victory Hop Ranch, and a lot of other great ones on tap. Pretty decent $ plus free food (excellent) and drink for a two set night with a band I get to hire and music I choose. It's been nothing short of ideal. Did I mention they have a piano? I get stroll in with my Ipad for charts. Certain themed nights have required the Nord, but that's few and far between.

Dogfish is one of my favorites!

Same here. :cheers:

I've toured their brewery (loved the free samples) and eaten at the Dogfish Pub in Rehoboth, Delaware.

15 years ago I used to play a small club in Reboboth Beach once every couple of months. I would go to the Dogfish Head Pub during my breaks, as it was just a few doors down. MMMM

:nopity:

I'm a serious witbier/Hefeweizen snob.

When a bar has Franziskaner on tap, it's a good day.

Soul, R&B, Pop from Los Angeles

http://philipclark.com

Cannonball Gerald Albright Signature Alto, Yamaha YC73, Fender Rhodes, Roland Juno-106, Yamaha MX61, Roland VR-09, MicroKorg XL, Maschine Mikro, Yamaha Reface CP, Roland MKS-50

I don't know how much Boulevard gets out to the rest of the world, but I once played a wedding reception gig at the boulevard Brewery in KC. That was pretty sweet. We usually only get the wheat here in St. Louis, which I like, but they had every variety free on tap that night.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

I got out to St Louis about two months ago. Grabbed some Four Hand Ca$h Mony double ipa's. Out of all the stuff I tried out there, that was my favorite. Nice little taproom there too. Not everything they have there is great, but that Ca$h Mony was real good. Reminded me a bit of New England Brewing Company's Gandhi Bot or Alchemist's Heady Topper, but a bit heavier and maltier than Topper. I tried Schafly's and went to Urban Chestnut. They were good, but nothing too crazy.

I'm a serious witbier/Hefeweizen snob.

When a bar has Franziskaner on tap, it's a good day.

Drinking a Franziskaner on a sunny patio was the right way to start off my first (and so far only) visit to Berlin. :cool:

I've also visited the Steam Whistle brewery in downtown Toronto. Great tour, even if the beer is a fairly pedestrian pilsner.

Before I left Washington State for Florida, my band played a birthday party at the Red Hook Brewery. We went on a tour, got to taste the Wort (The beer before fermentation) and taste all of the varieties they had at the time.

This was the first party I ever played where we didn't have to worry about running out of beer.

Not long after that my wife and I went down the road just a bit to the Chateau St. Michelle Winery, and saw Ray Charles in concert.

Lately the best, most commonly available on tap beer around here is Kona Fire Rock Pale Ale. Yum!

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

I love good beer,and in france we don't have so much good beer.

Well, this is what i thought before a friend took me to some serious beer

drinking in Paris. I had an incredible Stout done in Ile De France.

Just google "biere artisanale paris" to find some pointer to good beer places :->

Maurizio

PS: leaving in France, but trained to beer by my Peterborough (UK) uncle

Nord Wave 2, Nord Electro 6D 61,, Rameau upright,  Hammond Pro44H Melodica.

Too many Arturia, NI and AAS plugins

http://www.barbogio.org/

Archived