Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Beer

hurricane hugo

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not much beer anymore. Scotch now.....
Montage 7, Mojo 61, PC-3, XK-3c Pro, Kronos 88, Hammond SK-1, Motif XF- 7, Hammond SK-2, Roland FR-1, FR-18, Hammond B3 - Blond, Hammond BV -Cherry

when's the last time any of you drank a Bud, Miller or Coors, hahahahahahahaha?

Bought a 12 pack of Coors back around the holidays. Had family in from out of town, so we stocked up a wee bit.. But I tend to mix it up anyway when stocking the basement 'fridge for the month. We'll pick up a six or twelve of craft IPA, the same for an amber or black ale. But that's almost always balanced by a healthy amount of my domestic favorite: Michelob Amber Bock. Starting drinking that brew on tap at a club in Denver, about 5 years ago; still quite taken by it.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Lately I have been drinking 10 Barrels IPA Apocalypse or Deschutes Red Chair.

My favorite IPA is Bonyards RPM brewed in Bend Or. You can find it on tap in nearly every club and restaurant in central Oregon. This is the local favorite. They are a small brewery and dont bottle their beer.

There are now 29 breweries in the Bend area. You can find 30 taps, for growler fills, in some of Mini Gas Mart type stores.

We play for free. We get paid to set up and tear down.

You can find 30 taps, for growler fills, in some of Mini Gas Mart type stores.

This is the only growler you'll see at a Gas Mart in Pennsylvania. No beer sales allowed there. :facepalm:

http://www.opednews.com/populum/uploadnic/69191070_angrydog_xlarge-jpeg_5009_20150107-297.jpeg

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

This is the only growler you'll see at a Gas Mart in Pennsylvania. No beer sales allowed there. :facepalm:

On of the many reasons I sold my house in Pennsylvania and moved back to Maryland/DC. :D

:nopity:

PA does have some weird booze laws. Here in DE we can't get anything in grocery stores, but the booze stores can sell everything and they are open Sunday.

Oh, another +1 for the Two Hearted!

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

PA does have some weird hopelessly illogical booze laws.

Fixed.

Add Indiana to that list.... Thankfully we live about twenty miles from Michigan.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

I had one of the most exclusives beers last weekend. It is called "Westvleteren" and is brewed by monks in Belgium. As the do not distribute the beer, and you are only allowed to pick up the beer at the brewery/monastary (one crate per 6 months) it is not widely spread. My local pub apparently had it, so I had to try. Tasted good, but I don't know if it was worth 2 times the price of the other Belgium beers...

More info : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westvleteren_Brewery

http://i67.tinypic.com/33o45ja.jpg

Rudy

when's the last time any of you drank a Bud, Miller or Coors, hahahahahahahaha?

At the NOLA jazz fest a couple weeks ago. The most exotic thing they had was Leinenkugels summer shandy.

But when you are watching Steely Dan rip through Kid Charlemagne, it doesn't matter. ITGITC?

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

I had one of the most exclusives beers last weekend. It is called "Westvleteren" and is brewed by monks in Belgium. As the do not distribute the beer, and you are only allowed to pick up the beer at the brewery/monastary (one crate per 6 months) it is not widely spread. My local pub apparently had it, so I had to try. Tasted good, but I don't know if it was worth 2 times the price of the other Belgium beers...

It's supposed to be "The Best" Belgian Trappist Ale. I think it's about time those guys came out of the dark ages and distributed their ale like all the other Trappist breweries. Eesh.

But do tell... how does it compare to, say, Chimay? :cheers:

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

The Abbot of that monastery had this to say "We are not brewers. We are monks. We brew beer to be able to afford being monks."

I could have used something similar as my motto once upon a time.

"I'm not an engineer. I design electronics to be able to afford being a musician."

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

It's supposed to be "The Best" Belgian Trappist Ale. I think it's about time those guys came out of the dark ages and distributed their ale like all the other Trappist breweries. Eesh.

But do tell... how does it compare to, say, Chimay? :cheers:

Well, it was a special beer. Quite unique and different from most of the Trappists. A bit sweet, but definitively not too much. Bit of bitter, but not too much either. It's really well balanced. I really enjoyed it, but it is really hard to describe beer, or compare it one to one:)

The Abbot of that monastery had this to say "We are not brewers. We are monks. We brew beer to be able to afford being monks."

I could have used something similar as my motto once upon a time.

"I'm not an engineer. I design electronics to be able to afford being a musician."

Could be, but I also thought: "those monks really know marketing". It reminded me to the Southpark episode where Cartman buys an (almost bankrupt) amusment park all for himself. No one can enter after he bought it. And of course, because of this, everybody wants to.

Rudy

More info : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westvleteren_Brewery

http://i67.tinypic.com/33o45ja.jpg

Is that a dunkelweizen?

Soul, R&B, Pop from Los Angeles

http://philipclark.com

Cannonball Gerald Albright Signature Alto, Yamaha YC73, Fender Rhodes, Roland Juno-106, Yamaha MX61, Roland VR-09, MicroKorg XL, Maschine Mikro, Yamaha Reface CP, Roland MKS-50

PA does have some weird hopelessly illogical booze laws.

Fixed.

Add Indiana to that list.... Thankfully we live about twenty miles from Michigan.

Yep, no alcohol sales allowed in Indiana on Sunday outside of a restaurant/bar. Glad to hear you discovered Michigan beer, some good stuff up there. No shortage of breweries:

Michigan Breweries

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

I had the Pineapple Sculpin at my local music hangout recently and liked it far more than I expected (not generally down with the fruit beers)...then went to my grocery store to pick up a six and it was $15...ouch.

just saw it on the shelf at $18.99 before tax, almost $21.00 for a six pack after tax. That's a no go for me, best beer or not. :cop:

:nopity:

I had the Pineapple Sculpin at my local music hangout recently and liked it far more than I expected (not generally down with the fruit beers)...then went to my grocery store to pick up a six and it was $15...ouch.

just saw it on the shelf at $18.99 before tax, almost $21.00 for a six pack after tax. That's a no go for me, best beer or not. :cop:

It's weird. Some of their (Ballast Point) other excellent beers are nowhere near as expensive as Sculpin. I've also noticed around here that the price on tap varies greatly from one venue to another.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

• 7 months later...

Archived