Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Heads-up: SpaceStation keyboard amp is apparently back

This case isn't a perfect fit (19x12x14), but it rolls and the price is right. Plus the bit of extra space is good for pizza.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31lCCtjBi-L._SY355_.jpg

Here it is for $119 for two stackable cases; use the second one for beer, which you'll need because pizza:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arriba-ACR-19-Padded-Stackable-Rolling-Case-for-Lighting-Gear-PAIR-/311155981505?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4872577cc1

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

Okay, I thought I had seen everything there was to see with my SSv3. Not so... :idk:

A local KC forumite came over to check out my Space Station. I set it up in my living room with my PC3 so he could hear it. Sounded killer...anyway, while he was playing it, I wandered out of the room into the kitchen, which is separated from the living room by a wall that you can walk around from both sides to get to either room. Get this - while in the kitchen, separated from the living room by the wall, I could still hear the stereo effect. Clearly. Seriously. ....

Interesting ! I have a question, if you had a ping-pong delay type bouncing between L&R channels, would you still hear that directional separation from another room ? i.e. would you hear delay repeats from opposite sides ?

That was my first question when deciding on an SS. I posted a video a few pages earlier using that effect. It's not the same as sitting at a Fender suitcase but it's close, but unlike the suitcase you hear the same lush sound everywhere and just close up and at sweet spot.

AvantGrand N2 | ES520 | Gallien-Krueger MK & MP | https://soundcloud.com/pete36251

IMHO, "stereo" is the incorrect term to use, as the term carries all this connotation - distinct L and R channelization, a focused sweet spot where balance coalesces, an attempt to build a "wide soundstage, and all that other audiophile jargon.

Rather, what this little speaker does is create a spacious, multi-vector point source - very much like (as Ray points out) having an actual big old acoustic point source in a room - an acoustic grand piano.

I'm guessing because to some degree all conventional speakers beam along a vector trajectory, they don't do a great job generating the complex reflections that acoustic instruments create as a point source (in all directions, including the vertical).

The SSv3 also doesn't perfectly imitate a true acoustic point source - but it does a much better approximation by working along more than one vector at the same time.

Been a while since my college physics classes, but that's my best guess for now.

So if it's not really stereo, that means even kanker can use one. :poke:

:snax:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I almost have down-pat a method for adjusting the width (requires a few trips between width control, keyboard, and out in room); there is a point at which some of the sound begins to seem like it's coming from the direction opposite the SS3's position - uncanny.

Kawai KG-2D / Yamaha CP33 S90ES MX49 CP4 P515 / Hammond SK1 / NS3 88 / NS3Compact

QSC K8.2s K10.2s KSubs / SoundcraftUi24 / SSv3 / GK MB112 MB115 MB210 Neo410

I set up a home made acrylic trifold (12" x 24") enclosure placed behind the SS & set it 8' from me, played an organ patch from my FA-06 and had the "Aspen Epiphany Moment" (AEM)... it felt like parts of the sound were literally to my far right & far left. I then played a sequence and walked around the room, the whole room was a sweet spot, even outside the room it the stereo field was felt... for me the trifold baffle made the difference. And it wasn't a matter of volume but rather a comfortable rich stereo field, for loud barking directional blasting it holds its own in mono mode.

I used this set up in church (a pretty large bldng) & everyone was looking for my "multiple speaker system"! ;-)

You don't know you're in the dark until you're in the light.

I am truly amazed at the amazement of people hearing phased shifted signals. Weren't TVs doing this for years with their "simulated stereo" sound processing? The SS3 is a much more advanced application of this... Right?

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

I am truly amazed at the amazement of people hearing phased shifted signals. Weren't TVs doing this for years with their "simulated stereo" sound processing? The SS3 is a much more advanced application of this... Right?
Why don't you just hook up with Aspen or dB or someone else near you and listen for yourself? At some point, there's a guy in Houston with one and I plan to check it out.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Why don't you just hook up with Aspen or dB or someone else near you and listen for yourself?

Any time, Dave. :thu:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

I set up a home made acrylic trifold (12" x 24") enclosure placed behind the SS & set it 8' from me... for me the trifold baffle made the difference.
I experimented with a smaller "deflector" with similar results. I wanted to try something that would fit in the already tight case. I had some 1/8" masonite laying around, so I cut two 17"X10" pieces, gaff taped them together at the 10" edge, and just stood it up at a 90 degree angle on the floor in the middle of a small room with the SS in the "corner." The difference, even with this short little deflector, was remarkable. Stereo effect more pronounced and increased bass response. I hardly missed the Behringer sub. For grins, though, I put the whole Rube Goldberg contraption on top of the sub. Ugly as sin, but sounded glorious!

Hammond SK1, Casio Privia PX5-S, SpaceStation V.3, Behringer B1200D, 2-EV ZxA1s

MacBook Air, Novation ReMOTE 37SL, Logic, Pianoteq 5 Stage, Scarbee Vintage Keys

The MIDI Gizmo Museum!

Indeed, and I use it. Though I will say, it's tight. Loosening slightly over time, but still almost inconveniently snug. Like a Beverly Hills facelift.

Now that is an excellent analogy!

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

I am truly amazed at the amazement of people hearing phased shifted signals.

Frankly, I'm amazed that you're amazed at our, well, amazement, Dave.

Just about anything red, analog, or simulating a spinning speaker distracts us faster than squirrels and an ADHD 3rd grader.

I set up a home made acrylic trifold (12" x 24") enclosure placed behind the SS & set it 8' from me... for me the trifold baffle made the difference.
I experimented with a smaller "deflector" with similar results. I wanted to try something that would fit in the already tight case. I had some 1/8" masonite laying around, so I cut two 17"X10" pieces, gaff taped them together at the 10" edge, and just stood it up at a 90 degree angle on the floor in the middle of a small room with the SS in the "corner." The difference, even with this short little deflector, was remarkable. Stereo effect more pronounced and increased bass response. I hardly missed the Behringer sub. For grins, though, I put the whole Rube Goldberg contraption on top of the sub. Ugly as sin, but sounded glorious!
I'd love to see some pics of these.

AvantGrand N2 | ES520 | Gallien-Krueger MK & MP | https://soundcloud.com/pete36251

I'd love to see some pics of these.

+1

gig: hammond sk-1 73, neo vent, nord stage 2 76, ancona 34 accordion, cps space station v3

home: steinway m, 1950 hammond c2

I am going to do the plexiglass idea this weekend also and will let you know what I find. mine was just going to be a bi-fold design about 12" taller than the side speaker which sits on top of my Sub. I even envisioned a more type of a faceted design kind of like a cut diamond would have many reflective surfaces. Thinking that that would disperse the should in many directions, but I kind of think that just a simple bi-fold would do fine. Will let you know my results Sunday morning....

Nord Stage 2 88

Korg M50

Korg KINGKORG

SPACESTATION V.3

Behringer Eurolive B-1200D PRO

Iowa Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductee

www.endlesssummertheband.com

DOES THE TRI FOLD HAVE 3 ACTUAL REFLECTIVE SURFACES THAT THE SOUND WAVES COME IN CONTACT WITH? OR DOES MOST OF THE SOUND ONLY HIT 2 SURFACES? SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS NOT YELLING

Nord Stage 2 88

Korg M50

Korg KINGKORG

SPACESTATION V.3

Behringer Eurolive B-1200D PRO

Iowa Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductee

www.endlesssummertheband.com

Tried to upload a pic of my trifold but no luck... sorry. Take my word for it though it really makes the "spread" field pop!!

I too was wishing to see a pic. But in lieu of that, do you place it so it surrounds the back and two sides? And roughly how far away from the SS to the surfaces of the trifold? TIA...

The middle section of the trifold is against the back of the SS & the sides fit with a few inches of space.

I'm looking for a way to download the pic but I don't see anything in the reply space that says to load pictures.

You don't know you're in the dark until you're in the light.

The middle section of the trifold is against the back of the SS & the sides fit with a few inches of space.

I'm looking for a way to download the pic but I don't see anything in the reply space that says to load pictures.

just to confirm - are you running the panels 12" wide and 24" high or 24" wide and 12" high?

from what I understand you have to upload the photos to a website and then put the URL into your post... which is why I have not posted any photos to date...

gig: hammond sk-1 73, neo vent, nord stage 2 76, ancona 34 accordion, cps space station v3

home: steinway m, 1950 hammond c2

It's as easy as falling off a log >

1. Go into flicker and click on your photo you want to send here

2. When you click on your photo , you will see a sweeping arrow at bottom right

3.Click on the arrow and choose BBCode & 1024 x 768 in the box , right click to "copy" the blue code

4.Click "reply" here at this site -so the cursor line is flashing, then right click "paste" here.

Brett