Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Heads-up: SpaceStation keyboard amp is apparently back

http://www.guitarcenter.com/SKB-Small-Rolling-Powered-Mixer-Soft-Case-107221335-i1469153.gc

Here's a snug fitting rolling case that a few of us have. The fuse is a 3.15 amp 250 volt slo-blo 5mm x 20mm. In one of the previous posts the fuse was posted as 3.12 but the plate on the back of the SS says 3.15. Ray

Casio PX5s, XWP1 and CPS SSV3

Besides the IEMs are really only good when you have a good FOH/Monitor man.

Stereo IEMs can be pretty darn nice when you have means to dial them in and control them yourself via iPad/iOS device or individual console (HearBack or similar) - can get amazing layering level and vocal accuracy with them, plus ability to easily change and adjust what's most dominant in your ears from song to song as needed if/when additional channel focus or isolation is desired for vocal lead, harmonies, subtle layers, etc.

But, I don't think using IEMs negates the need or benefits of SSv3 - not an either/or sort of situation - folks using IEMs still want to give everyone else the best sound they reasonably can.

Kawai KG-2D / Yamaha CP33 S90ES MX49 CP4 P515 / Hammond SK1 / NS3 88 / NS3Compact

QSC K8.2s K10.2s KSubs / SoundcraftUi24 / SSv3 / GK MB112 MB115 MB210 Neo410

Thanks, Ray!

I can't justify paying $133 when my brethren here paid only $78 a few weeks ago. I'll keep my eye out for a sale, I suppose.

Not quite as cheap as it was when I bought it from Amazon, but just checked and it is not a whole lot more at $89.99 with free shipping HERE.

Kawai KG-2D / Yamaha CP33 S90ES MX49 CP4 P515 / Hammond SK1 / NS3 88 / NS3Compact

Those ^ #s aren't right. The case is very snug; the SS3 only fits in one way. To unload, I have to lay the open case open side down and pick it off the unit, it's that snug.

The feet on the unit make it almost impossible to slide out in a normal way...it doesn't slide. You can't pick it straight up to remove it, since the case opening is on one side only. If the opening were on the top, it would be much easier to just pick it out with the handle on the unit top.

I admit I've only had it in and out of the case a few times, but the case isn't going to stretch. Just sayin'

Fuse is 250v, even for 120v U.S. Models? I thought it was 125v.

?????

Kawai KG-2C, Nord Stage 3 73, Electro 4D, 5D and Lead 2x, Moog Voyager and Little Phatty Stage II, Slim Phatty, Roland Lucina AX-09, Hohner Piano Melodica, Spacestation V3, pair of QSC 8.2s.

I just did a week of gigs in Puerto Vallarta...

Where do you play in PV? I go down there quite a lot, I've stayed in town, up the coast towards Mismaloya and in Nuevo.

Bob

Hammond SK1, Mojo 61, Kurzweil PC3, Korg Pa3x, Roland FA06, Band in a Box, Real Band, Studio One, too much stuff...

Wow--amazon has the dimensions of the bag as this: Product Dimensions: 25 x 16 x 16.2 inches ; 13 pounds. That's a big discrepancy.

I think they may be talking about the dimensions of the case itself, not its interior capacity.

Exactly. It's the same case/same dimension listing as when I bought it from Amazon, and the SS3 is nice tight fit - no extra room inside.

Fuse is 250v, even for 120v U.S. Models? I thought it was 125v.

?????

Fuse voltage ratings are maximum voltage per whatever certifying agency. Said fuse can be used for any voltage equal or less than rated voltage. Current rating (and slow or fast blow) are the factors. When the power transformer is wired for 220 volts instead of 110, it takes half the current to produce the same amount of power.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

I just did a week of gigs in Puerto Vallarta...

Where do you play in PV? I go down there quite a lot, I've stayed in town, up the coast towards Mismaloya and in Nuevo.

Bob

Hi, Bob--well, I've lived in San Miguel de Allende for 10 years but I spent the last couple of years in Punta Negra, Nayarit--between Sayulita and Punta de Mita. Amazingly beautiful but the salt and humidity almost destroyed my instruments including a Kawai grand! While I was there, I started playing in a excellent power funk/jazz trio with a young bassist from Cd Juárez and a drummer from D.F. and we'd hold court every Wed night at Cuates y Cuetes, a beach restaurant right at the new pier on Playa de los Muertos. So now I go back and play a couple of nights there, one night in mark's in Bucerias and then last Saturday at the San Pancho Music Festival. A ton of fun.

This trip, my gf stayed in San Miguel so I was alone and I spent several mornings in Mismaloya, Boca de Tomatlan, Garza Blanca, swimming and exploring. Have you ever been to the botanical gardens south of Mismaloya? Oustanding.

Let me know the next time you're headed there, maybe we can hook up and play a little.

Doug Robinson

www.dougrobinson.com

MoodyBluesKeys, thanks for the fuse info. Much appreciated!

Kawai KG-2C, Nord Stage 3 73, Electro 4D, 5D and Lead 2x, Moog Voyager and Little Phatty Stage II, Slim Phatty, Roland Lucina AX-09, Hohner Piano Melodica, Spacestation V3, pair of QSC 8.2s.

So, any love for the SSv3?
Before I get woefully ignored or rebuked, I'll clarify that I'm not funny in real life either. At least, not by intention. While clogging the airwaves

1. To all the singer/player-SSv3 users: Have you had any vocal mic (over keyboard) feedback issues greater than your previous monitor/PA rig?

2. Is Dave Ferris getting an SSv3?*

3. I've enjoyed all the digital AP via SSv3 reports thus far. Eager to keep hearing them. Especially with the CP4.

I'm not on the fence on it. Just biding my time, 'till I'm in the position for one. Aspen has surely filled a long-time need here.

* Dave, your digital acoustic piano reviews have resonated with me for some time, now. I'm enjoying your solo Steinway D soundcloud recordings as I write this. And now enjoying your 'Road to Boston' on Spotify.

Running my vocal monitor return from the PA into the SS3 didn't work for me. The SS3, set up on the floor for it's optimum operation for keyboards, is too far away and not directional enough for vocal monitoring. I need my vocal return to be focused on me, not filling the room. I've been bringing my K10 to gigs I use the SS3 on, and running a monitor send that way. Sucks to have to bring a 2nd speaker, but the SS3's sound on my keys is worth the extra trip to the van.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Besides the IEMs are really only good when you have a good FOH/Monitor man.
Stereo IEMs can be pretty darn nice when you have means to dial them in and control them yourself via iPad/iOS device or individual console

Agreed, and have used them since the late 90s, always upgrading when the new drivers were available. Just spoiled from having really good Engineers and an old Midas board didn't hurt either.

X32 Rack works well with the I-connectivity and tools, I just don't have the time for tweaks in between songs.

SSv3 and sidefills will let my JHAs have a break for a while longer until they come out with 8 ways......

Cheerz

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic

Aspen, could you give the exact specs for the SS fuse? Thanks, Ray
I'm very confused about the fuse too. Elsewhere in the thread, Aspen has recommended "changing the 1.6 amp fuse for a 2 amp" in 230v models. If I recall correctly, he's also recommended slo-blo fuses. But the back of the amp is clearly marked "3.15 Amp Fuse" The fuse itself (as far as these old eyes can see) is marked "T3.15A250V" I can't find "slo-blo" anywhere on the amp or the fuse. I'm no engineer, but when it comes to fuses, I'd think there's a pretty big difference between a 1.6 Slo-blo and 3.15 fast acting type.

Hammond SK1, Casio Privia PX5-S, SpaceStation V.3, Behringer B1200D, 2-EV ZxA1s

MacBook Air, Novation ReMOTE 37SL, Logic, Pianoteq 5 Stage, Scarbee Vintage Keys

The MIDI Gizmo Museum!

I think Aspen should put a FAQ with all this info on his web site, and link to it in his sig here.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Aspen, could you give the exact specs for the SS fuse? Thanks, Ray

This would really help. So far there aren't any fuse specs other than a posting buried somewhere in these 61 pages here.....

I think Aspen should put a FAQ with all this info on his web site, and link to it in his sig here. [/Quote]

Great idea. Should be easy. Thanks!

LIFE IS SHORT, GO GET THE GEAR YOU WANT ;-)