Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

This Just In......PX-5S

unclebyron

I will try to get some front panel pics taken today. Keep in mind what we have here is a prototype and some text on the panel may be different in the final version.

Thanks! I understand what you are going thru working with the latest prototype and also programming patches and registrations at the last minute as well. The sheer expressiveness of the dynamic range and smooth timbrel variations sound amazing so far! Are there any demoes showcasing the different Clav pickups? Sounds like a finalist for Best in Show Again!

----------------------------------------------------------

Gig: Yamaha MODX7, NumaX 73 Piano  Studio: Kawai ES-920; Hammond SK Pro 73; Yamaha Motif ES7 w/DX,VL,VH; Yamaha YC 73; Kawai MP-6; Numa Compact 2x

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Curious in case I get a 1.0 version, there's an option to upgrade the firmware later, right?

They did release several updates for the XW-P1 so I would be extremely surprised if the firmware were not upgradeable.

----------------------------------------------------------

Gig: Yamaha MODX7, NumaX 73 Piano  Studio: Kawai ES-920; Hammond SK Pro 73; Yamaha Motif ES7 w/DX,VL,VH; Yamaha YC 73; Kawai MP-6; Numa Compact 2x

It needs a CP-80 Electric Grand. A good one. Has?

I was thinking thw same thing this morning. Mike, since it's still being developed, can there be at least some kind of upright if CP-80 samples can't be incorporated? Every piano song doesn't need a big grand sound. Yes, I know you know that.

:nopity:

I'm not that interested in CP-80 samples (I already have the real thing) but would like an aux out to run organ sounds through a Vent - among other things. But we're probably not going to get either since they are kind of specialty requests.

Bottom line is that I'm still going to get one though. I'm glad I didn't purchase the 350 last fall. I'm pretty sure that I will be able to do most of my praise services from just this one board. These things could turn up in a lot of praise bands.

But Mike if you could petition for an aux out on the production model... ;)

I've been looking for a lightweight 88 key controller with great action and controllers to use with live MainStage. This is awesome!

I'm sold.

Oh, and it has amazing sounds too for when I don't want to deal with the laptop?

Very sold.

Casio, thank you for making something serious for actual players instead of yet another 25 key loop trigger controller.

http://www.casio.com/resource/images/large/px-5s_large.jpg

"88 Tri-Sensor Scalled Hammer Action II"....If they edit their code with the same diligence as their ad copy, I'd be worried about getting scallded by hot howling bugs when I try to play the thing.

Or is "to scall" a new programming verb I've missed in my too-sheltered life?

“For 50 years, it was like being chained to a lunatic.”

-- Kingsley Amis on the eventual loss of his libido

I'm not that interested in CP-80 samples (I already have the real thing) but would like an aux out to run organ sounds through a Vent - among other things. But we're probably not going to get either since they are kind of specialty requests.

You would probably be able to pan the organ to one side and other sounds to the other output, which would let you do that.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Nice! Mike,in seven minutes you sold me on this thing. Glad I held off on a new DP purchase. I only hope both end caps and the front will be the same color on the final version. Not crazy about the schizo color scheme. However,I suspect if it was electric lime green and metalflake puce it would still sell like crazy given the sound quality,features and price point. Nice work on the PX and I must say Casio couldn't have found a better representative for their products than you. Bravo. Now get some sleep!

Wow...

I hope Casio knows what a great ambassador they have in Mike.

Mike, once again, you give a great demonstration in the allotted time. Things like this make me rethink my entire stage rig.

One of these on the bottom, and change my 88 key to a MOX6 on top. Talk about a light weight setup with powerful sounds and features.

As far as this new Privia, I love all the connectivity. I use the Setlist App so I liked seeing that. Looks like I can use an FC7 pedal to control stuff.

As someone else mentioned...for a lot of us gigging dudes, Casio is figuring/has figured it out. Price, Features, Weight, etc...

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

You would probably be able to pan the organ to one side and other sounds to the other output, which would let you do that.

Like most praise music we run in stereo through a fixed install at the church. During the service there is a lot of pianos in some kind of combination with ethereal pads - which really sound their best in stereo when you're playing through a fixed install in an auditorium-like setting.

This board is really strong in those categories - which is why I think it will end up in a lot of praise bands. An aux out would be icing on the cake in the absence of a strong Leslie sim.

Agreed re: Mike Martin.....I very well remember when Mike was with Kurzweil and then Yamaha...he was always there to provide assistance and great answers. It's easy to see why and what's happening with Casio... :cool:

I'm with all of you on your commendations for Mike Martin. Check out the ~2% uptick on the following link to Casio's stock chart beginning yesterday morning when Mike started demo'ing the new PX5s:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=CSIOY+Basic+Chart&t=5d

In all seriousness, over the last decade the entire Privia line of pianos has been a Gamechanger in terms of price, quality, and portability.

Gigs: Nord 5D 73, Kurz PC4-7 & SP4-7, Hammond SK1, Yamaha MX88 & P121, Numa Compact 2x, Casio CGP700, QSC K12, Yamaha DBR10, JBL515xt(2). Alto TS310(2)

OMG!

Tell me there is a black model and a white model.

It's not just one model that is both black and white, right?

http://www.casio.com/resource/images/xlarge/px-5s_xlarge.jpg

My thoughts exactly.

Nice demo, thanks Mike. Congrats, looks and sounds like it's going be a big winner for you guys.

Busch and I were doing the NAMM hang today for a few hours together, stopped in the booth , met the esteemed Mr. LeBlanc who gave us a little demo in the iso booth off to the side. Nice ! Thanks Steve and nice to meet you.

Wish I would have caught Joe Sample. Although actually did on the vid playing "Put it where you want it" (cool voicings Joe ) with the Wurlitzer sound. :cool:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/grigg/Colors_of_contention.jpg

That episode just aired the other night,I was thinking the same thing.

If it does deliver in March, that gives me time to sell my PX3, heck IF the horns/strings/woodwinds are pretty good, I might sell my Krome to grab one.

SpaceStation V3,

MoxF6,PX5S,Hammond-SK2,Artis7,Stage2-73,

KronosX-73,MS Pro145,Ventilator,OB DB1,Lester K

Toys: RIP died in the flood of 8/16 1930 Hammond AV, 1970s Leslie 145, 1974 Rhodes Stage

Mike,

This looks a very interesting keyboard and a significant step up from the PX-3 that I have been using for over 2 years now.

Something that you might like to consider:

As you used to work at Kurzweil you will know how much effort their programmers put into creating presets that emulate keyboards used in classic/popular songs. For many of us playing in cover/tribute bands and in pits for stage productions this is a godsend as it saves an enormous amount of time. The reason, I believe, that many players have bought Kurzweil is that these presets actually sound authentic. I think that if Casio do something similar then it will be a great aid to sales.

Also it would be useful if all the factory registrations are documented. (Something that was not done for the PX-3).

Regards

Will

Wish I would have caught Joe Sample. Although actually did on the vid playing "Put it where you want it" (cool voicings Joe ) with the Wurlitzer sound. :cool:

[video:youtube]

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

The features and specs seem to be fabulous but it looks like it was designed by Harvey Dent.

:laugh: (just before he went gas puddle diving...)

Looks like a great light weight board, the 4 zone control is VERY interesting.

Might be just what my back is looking to order...

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XSr, PEKPER, Voyager, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

Archived