Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2012-2013 Thread

Geoff Grace

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was hoping the Ravens would win. I didn't expect that much action. Great game.

Let's see if the Packers, Falcons and Patriots can win and complete my weekend predictions. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

What a couple of great games today. I can only hope tomorrow's games are as fun/close/competitive!

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

What a day! I don't know which was harder, watching the Broncos lose in overtime or watching the 49ers whip the Packers in the second half. :facepalm:

The better teams won. Congrats to the Harbaugh brothers, their teams, and their fans.

I guessconsidering my two favorite teams both started 2-3I should be glad they both made it this far. Maybe tomorrow, I'll look at it that way. But today, it smarts...

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

As I look back on the last two seasons for my two favorite teams, I can briefly summarize them as follows:

2011 Packers: dominant offense, porous defense

2012 Packers: very good offense, semi-porous defense

2011 Broncos: one of the worst starting quarterbacks to ever lead a team, who regardless, could lead a great comeback and threw a game winning pass in the overtime playoff game.

2012 Broncos: one of the best starting quarterbacks to ever lead a team, who nevertheless, threw an interception in the overtime playoff game.

The bottom line is that both seasons, both teams lost in the second round of the playoffs.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

2012 Broncos: one of the best starting quarterbacks to ever lead a team, who nevertheless, threw an interception in the overtime playoff game.

Strangely, Peyton has never really been a playoff performer. Something always seems to go wrong, other than the year the Colts won the Super Bowl, of course. The other time he made it to the Super Bowl, he threw a pick-six late in the fourth quarter that sealed the deal for the Saints. Now, Eli on the other hand....

Peyton obviously can't be blamed for that Ravens' TD with 30 seconds left though. Flacco tossed that ball up on a wing and a prayer. That was a hell of a finish to that game.

Flacco has been impressive the last two games. He stepped up to the plate this playoff season. I am wondering is Shaub can do the same today.

I don't really know how to rate Kaepernick's game yesterday. 181 rushing yards? I am hoping to see them play Seattle in another war, but then again, maybe Matt Ryan has his own playoff coming out party today.

The Ravens Broncos game was possibly the best playoff game I have watched in the past 50 years... And I was rooting for the Broncos as well... You have to hand it to the Ravens...

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

The Ravens Broncos game was possibly the best playoff game I have watched in the past 50 years... And I was rooting for the Broncos as well... You have to hand it to the Ravens...

I recorded it. Despite giving the recording an extra hour, it cut off. :(

Anyway, good game. I got into the first OT and then.....

What a day! I don't know which was harder, watching the Broncos lose in overtime or watching the 49ers whip the Packers in the second half. :facepalm:

Before the season started, I thought the 49ers would go all the way.

Broncos, though....I really really thought they were going to win that game.

Sorry about your Packers, Geoff. Not quite their year, I'm afraid.

And if Carroll had kicked field goals when he had a chance, Seahawks would be through....GO 49ers!

NORD STAGE 2, IPAD 2 with lots of soft syths

Roland td9 expanded

Guitars, basses, Pod Xtl, GT-10b

Garritan, Reason, Symphonic Choirs , Cubase, Sibelius

Three shelter cats

Archived