Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2012-2013 Thread

Geoff Grace

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lovie is NOT a hardass. He is the most empathic defense coaches I have ever seen. I never played for anyone as nice as Lovie. He is called Lovie for a reason LOL!

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Can Lovie please come to Philly and DC for my Eagles??

Please?

If he were willing to go back to being a DC, I'd bet he'd have a long list of suitors.

For instance, the Packers seem to be a great DC away from another Super Bowl victory. They'd probably hate Lovie in Chicago, though, if he went to Green Bay. ;)

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Please?

How do you like your new coach Chip Kelly?

Well, I like the super fast, super high scoring 'Oregon Ducks' aspect of it!

With DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin at WR, Shady McCoy in the backfield, it could be a great fit.. If Vick is at QB!

Pair that with a good DC and we could be in business. If no Vick, I dunno what to think of a Kelly run offense...not yet anyway.

TROLL . . . ish.

Please?

If he were willing to go back to being a DC, I'd bet he'd have a long list of suitors.

For instance, the Packers seem to be a great DC away from another Super Bowl victory. They'd probably hate Lovie in Chicago, though, if he went to Green Bay. ;)

Lovie will sit. He's getting paid for it, too.

If former Chicago Bears coach Lovie Smith fails to land a head-coaching job elsewhere, he's prepared to sit out the 2013 season because he's not interested in any of the coordinator jobs, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

Smith interviewed for head-coaching jobs in Philadelphia, San Diego and Buffalo, but each of those teams selected other candidates.

The only other two coaching vacancies are in Arizona and Jacksonville.

An NFL source recently said that Smith's name hadn't come up during any discussions for the opening with the Jaguars.

Fired by the Bears on Dec. 31 after a 10-6 season, Smith was set to receive a reported salary of $5 million in 2013, which will be paid to him if he sits out the upcoming season.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/8850534/lovie-smith-prepared-sit-2013-unable-land-head-coaching-job-source

Speaking of coordinators, the Cowboys' choice of Monte Kiffin will be interesting. He did poorly at the college level, and now college-style offenses (Washington/RGIII, SF/Kapernick for example) have come to the NFL. He has a good grip of the fundamentals, but his lack of success the past few years might mean the football world has passed him by. Also, his 4-3 might mess some guys up like Ware. He will adapt, of course, but it might take a bit.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Ravens can win this. Ravens played the Pats tough this year. They are better than they were when they beat the Pats by one this year.

New Chargers coach McCoy hires Ken Whisenhunt to be his OC:

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/jan/17/ken-whisenhunt-mike-mcCoy-chargers-cardinals/

I thought they were going to bring back Cam Cameron because he'd worked with Rivers before, but this hire fits with the theme of bringing a fresh perspective to the Chargers way.

Ravens can win this. Ravens played the Pats tough this year. They are better than they were when they beat the Pats by one this year.

The Pats, OTOH, are FAR better than they were when the Ravens (and the replacement officials) beat them by one this year.

Granted, the guy who punched Julian Edelman in the face three times right in front of a ref (yet no flag was thrown) won't be in this game for you guys...

Ravens can win this. I don't think they will but I think it will be close.

I predicted that SF was most likely to win the Super Bowl before the season began. They better get going if they are going to make me a football Nostradamus.

I posted this on facebook, but figure I'll share the same thoughts here.

The Harbowl should be cool. I hope the Niners win for a number of reasons. First, because it's a pretty good organization. Second, because Captain Comeback deserves a ring. Third, because the thought of Ray Lewis' last game being a loss in the Super Bowl is just too sweet a thought. Finally, because if the Ravens were to win, there's always the chance that Ray would kill again....

A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

Yes.

??

Hate the Pats that much, do we?

Regardless, the Brady era is coming to a close in NE. Tom can't carry the team the way he used to, and we just don't have the playmakers anymore, the people we used to depend on to turn the game when we needed it.

The Pats, OTOH, are FAR better than they were when the Ravens (and the replacement officials) beat them by one this year.

Granted, the guy who punched Julian Edelman in the face three times right in front of a ref (yet no flag was thrown) won't be in this game for you guys...

LOL!

there's always the chance that Ray would kill again....

Dude, c'mon.. That wasn't close to being funny..

I live in Atlanta and lived thru that ordeal.. All can tell you is Ray was in his limo when that murder was committed. He was charged because the DA wanted to make a name for himself, and he was the only one in the entourage that any of the witnesses recognized(The white suit). No one ever said he was the one who was in the brawl, no one saw him do anything but gather his folks and get in the limo...while 2 other people murdered those poor souls.

Ray was however, guilty of obstruction, and was convicted accordingly. Even the 2 main suspects who Lewis had to testify against, Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweetin, were acquitted due to self defense.

TROLL . . . ish.

So what happened to that disappearing white suit? Oh yeah, it was *never* found. While you speak with the confidence of someone who was at the scene, every other account I have ever heard speaks with absolutely no confidence about the situation, no matter what the source....

Let's hope Ray keeps the knives at home this time. I'd say I have zero respect for the cat, but that would be overstating the situation. Any man who was even implicated in a couple of stabbings who then prances around after football games that pay him untold millions while yelling "No weapon...." deserves everything and anything that's flung at his sad, sorry, worthless piece of shit self.

A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

Archived