Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2012-2013 Thread

Geoff Grace

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snoozer to us. I thought that about the Battle of the Birds. Until the somewhere into the second half, where it became really great.

I have a feeling the ending of this game won't be quite as enthralling.

Pats went 11-1 in the AFC this year with the only loss on the road to Baltimore 31-30 in week 3. Wins over Indy, Houston(2x) and Denver. A win over Baltimore at home and its tough to say they didn't earn it.

Atlanta is also playing well. San Fran got killed by Seattle a few weeks back and is so so on the road.

Atlanta having home field next week gives them a fighting chance, but I just don't see them beating a very well rounded SF.

I don't see the Ravens pulling off another upset. Pats will not be satisfied with anything less than a SB win. Why would they? I like the Pats over SF in the Super Bowl. Old guard wins over the young upstart. maybe :idea: :idk

I had rehearsal this afternoon (really? I thought) so I watched the game on DVR and finished it about an hour or so ago.

I am glad the Texans made somewhat of a game of it. It wasn't a snoozer, but it wasn't like the times they got blown out during the regular season. However, it was bizarre how they didn't seem to have a hurry-up offense. They ate up too much clock between plays, and I'm sure I've seen them do better than that. Not that they had much of a chance at the end of the game, but they needed as much clock as they could get.

I missed most of the early game. That looked like a great one from the highlights.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Think the Texans might be looking for a QB upgrade this offseason?
David Carr, perhaps?

lol.

At the very least maybe Yates gets a shot to beat Schaub in camp. Or they could throw the 2013 or 2014 season for a chance to draft Jonny Manziel.

IMO, the Texans don't have a QB problem. They need to add another WR and use more play action behind Foster's running game.

Matt Flynn is going to waste in Seattle.

Just saying.

Best,

Geoff

Flynn may not have the goods. After all, he lost the starting job to Wilson during training camp. ;):cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Matt Flynn is going to waste in Seattle.

Just saying.

Best,

Geoff

Flynn may not have the goods. After all, he lost the starting job to Wilson during training camp. ;):cool:

A lot of veteran QBs would have lost a starting job to any of the special class of 2012 rookie QBs (Wilson, Griffin III, Luck, even Tannehill). Not a knock of any of those vets; rather a nod to the greatness of this rookie class. What each member of this class has in common with the others aside from the physical tools: 1. Uncanny poise 2. Impressive grasp of the playbook

Yeah, this year's rookie class is excellent, and losing a starting position to Russell Wilson isn't the same as losing a starting position to lesser quarterbacks.

Matt Flynn lost the starting job to Aaron Rodgers too, but that doesn't mean he's not a better quarterback than say, Kevin Kolb, Matt Cassel, or Mark Sanchez.

And let's not forget that Brett Favre beat out Rodgers for the Packers starting job for three years in a row, but that didn't stop Rodgers from going on to win MVP.

It's also worth remembering that during Rodgers's MVP season, Flynn threw for 480 yards and 6 touchdowns in a 45-41 victory over the Lions, breaking all-time Green Bay Packers recordsincluding those by Rodgers and Favre!

It's hard to say just how good Flynn is; but I'd bet he's better than at least a few NFL starting quarterbacks, and maybe even Matt Schaub.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Watched the entire press conference: http://www.chargers.com/media-vault/videos/115_Mike_McCoy_News_Conference/7f0b55d8-42d1-492e-92f6-8ecca62218e6

He was indeed asked about the late-playoff-game 3-and-7 play call. He refused to throw John Fox, Peyton Manning, or anyone else under the bus for calling that running play, even though I believe Manning claimed responsibility for calling the audible to the run.

I was neutral about the hire initially, but feel better about it after watching. I particularly like his repeated statements about planning around the strengths of the available players, which was demonstrated in his handling of 3 very different QBs these past few years.

Da Bears are bringing in a coach from some amateur football bush league.

I kind of expected them to hire Mike Sullivan if Mike McCoy didn't want the job.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000127052/article/marc-trestman-to-be-next-chicago-bears-coach

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

If he don't work out Chicago sports radio will crucify Emery.

I don't have great expectation. Cutler doesn't need a thinker, he needs a hardass.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Archived