Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Charlotte, NC - I need an XK3 or similar

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everyone in Raleigh uses Nords! :)

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

I'm about 300 miles from Charlotte and don't have an XK-anything. An Electro 3 or Kurz PC3 is probably not near the top of your desirable gear list.

Hope you can get things resolved.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

I have a VK8m and a Korg triton LE but I and about 3hrs from Charlotte. If I didn't have a day job I would bring it to you.

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

I have a VK8m and a Korg triton LE but I and about 3hrs from Charlotte. If I didn't have a day job I would bring it to you.

shouldn't cost much to UPS that VK8M, which at that close distance, should get there overnight, assuming there's someone at the venue during the day to accept it... he could trigger it from whatever they have and then UPS it back...

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

GC has a 30 day return policy - buy one in Charlotte and return it after the gig.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Two keyboards from both Yamaha (for the piano) and Korg (for the other) that I have never heard of and cannot find anything about on Google.

Yeah.

I have Pianoteq on my laptop, too. I'm not worried about that. Not having drawbars will be a challenge, but I'll do what I can. Mike's idea isn't a bad one.

Two keyboards from both Yamaha (for the piano) and Korg (for the other) that I have never heard of and cannot find anything about on Google.

Yeah.

I have Pianoteq on my laptop, too. I'm not worried about that. Not having drawbars will be a challenge, but I'll do what I can. Mike's idea isn't a bad one.

I think -if you take the time to adjust the virtual drawbars to your controllers faders/knobs- you'll do a fine job with VB3. I've done gigs that don't require too much drawbar movement with VB3, and they sounded just fine.

Just my oppinion though - i'm too far away to lend you my Nord :rimshot:

Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

GC has a 30 day return policy - buy one in Charlotte and return it after the gig.

Might be a good idea. Though they'll get suspicious when they see his out of state ID.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

I'm not a big fan of GC, but I would never pull that stunt.

I've called three Hammond sellers / repair shops in the Charlotte area. None of them have any XK series organs for rent. Bummer.

Time to dig into VB3 and figure out how to switch presets. I know you can do preset changes with the keys below the standard 61 note keyboard. If I can program four or five basic settings, I think I'll be ok.

I'm telling ya, Hammond can't release the SK1 soon enough for me. :)

Good for you! I would never do that either. Good Luck! I hope VB3 works out for you. Or a forum member in the Charlotte area reads this thread and helps out!

Boards: Kurzweil SP-6, Roland FA-08, VR-09, DeepMind 12

Modules: Korg Radias, Roland D-05, Bk7-m & Sonic Cell

Jim, did you try these guys?

http://carolinabackline.com/

I've never worked with them, but their website says they have an actual B3 and Leslie in stock, as well as a VK7.

Live: Yamaha S70XS (#1); Roland Jupiter-80; Mackie 1202VLZ4; IEMs or Traynor K4

Home: Hammond SK Pro 73; Moog Minimoog Voyager Electric Blue; Yamaha S70XS (#2); Wurlitzer 200A

Archived