Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New B-3 portable available..! Spam?

Analogaddict

I'm not sure wether this qualifies as spam or just a friendly heads-up, but I recently inherited some money and decided to get a New B3-p (I got a very good deal!). So, if you or anyone you may know is coming to Stockholm and wants to rent a Hammond (full pedal board, Ventilator and Leslie 3300 also available), give me a shout, I'll give my online friends and their friends a very friendly KC discount. :-)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One thing I will advise, having played a new Porta B on a couple gigs. The built in distortion sucks. Get the tubes on the 3300 right, and rely on that for the distortion.
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

She's hot!

Yep. :)

Sweet!

I'm thrilled!!!

Awesome! That B3p is still one heavy brute! Can you lift it by yourself w/ a dolly?

Yep, it's absolutely a 2-person job, but I can move it by myself if nescessary. I got it into and out of my Ford today.

One thing I will advise, having played a new Porta B on a couple gigs. The built in distortion sucks. Get the tubes on the 3300 right, and rely on that for the distortion.

I have one of these for that..!

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c213/analogaddict/AMA.jpg

Wow, that looks awesome, sweet!

The shape of that baby reminds me of the Hammond B300 I bought new in about 1980. I had a custom flight case made for it, and lugged that (was huge and HEAVY), along with the stand, pedals, Fender Rhodes, and Korg Polysix (in heavy flight case, of course), oh, and a tall Leslie, don't rememebr which one - to the gigs myself! Only got help if there were stairs and to put the organ on the stand.

WHAT WAS I THINKING????????

Anyway, you got a sweet one - bet it sounds great!

Yamaha C2, Yamaha MODX7, Hammond SK1, Hammond XK-5 Heritage Pro System, Korg Kronos 2 61, Yamaha CP4, Kurzweil PC4-7, Nord Stage 3 73, Nord Wave 2, QSC 8.2, Motion Sound KP 210S,  Key Largo, etc…yeah I have too much…

The shape of that baby reminds me of the Hammond B300 I bought new in about 1980. I had a custom flight case made for it, and lugged that (was huge and HEAVY), along with the stand, pedals, Fender Rhodes, and Korg Polysix (in heavy flight case, of course), oh, and a tall Leslie, don't rememebr which one - to the gigs myself! Only got help if there were stairs and to put the organ on the stand.

WHAT WAS I THINKING????????

Lol, I guess they don't make keyboard players like they used to..! ;) It sounds and feels just like my '59 RT3, just a bit more precise in the keybed and lightweight. And it doesn't smell right either. :cool:

If I won the lottery I would get a BP-3 in an instant. I just love that it is the essential modern Hammond, but in a case that doesn't attempt to re-create all the wood cabinetry of the original B3.

by hookie:

The shape of that baby reminds me of the Hammond B300 I bought new in about 1980. I had a custom flight case made for it, and lugged that (was huge and HEAVY), along with the stand, pedals, Fender Rhodes, and Korg Polysix (in heavy flight case, of course), oh, and a tall Leslie, don't remember which one - to the gigs myself! Only got help if there were stairs and to put the organ on the stand.

Question. Are your testicles still located where they were when you were born?

God, absolutely NUTS trying to move that stuff by yourself. :cry:

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

it is the essential modern Hammond

Exactly. I'm very picky with sounds, I haven't really been a fan of digital recreations of any kind until the last generation synths and software which not only sound but also feel great. The new B3 scores high points in by book for being easier to cart around and much more road worthy. I can't see any reason to go on tour with a vintage B anymore (though I'd like to see a new Leslie 122RV), these are worthy replacements. I can't believe I actually own one..! :laugh:

by hookie:

The shape of that baby reminds me of the Hammond B300 I bought new in about 1980. I had a custom flight case made for it, and lugged that (was huge and HEAVY), along with the stand, pedals, Fender Rhodes, and Korg Polysix (in heavy flight case, of course), oh, and a tall Leslie, don't remember which one - to the gigs myself! Only got help if there were stairs and to put the organ on the stand.

Question. Are your testicles still located where they were when you were born?

God, absolutely NUTS trying to move that stuff by yourself. :cry:

Mike T.

I think many of us were that way when we were younger. I would grab a hand truck and muscle a 147 Leslie, and both halves of a CP70B up stairs by myself, then put the CP70 together with no help.

Tonight I have an upstairs gig with a house PA, and I'm just bringing my powered hot spot for an amp. Any other gig, I use a hand truck/dolly, and get help when needed.

But for that, I'd make an exception. NICE!

How about some pics with her set up?

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

I'm very picky with sounds, I haven't really been a fan of digital recreations of any kind until the last generation synths and software which not only sound but also feel great. The new B3 scores high points in by book for being easier to cart around and much more road worthy.

The other thing I love about it is that it has the 9 key contacts so that you can get a proper attack while playing staccato. One of my absolutely favorite things to do with a real Hammond is to lightly hit the keys so that only the percussion and just a couple of the partials sound, sort of like a "conga" effect. No can do on any digital emulation.

The other thing I love about it is that it has the 9 key contacts so that you can get a proper attack while playing staccato. One of my absolutely favorite things to do with a real Hammond is to lightly hit the keys so that only the percussion and just a couple of the partials sound, sort of like a "conga" effect. No can do on any digital emulation.

...that's what got me interested in it in the first place. I love having that kind of dynamic control, espescially when playing reggae stuff and bubbling behind the beat. It's nice to be able to play transparent one second and go Greg Rollie the next. :)

Archived