Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Bobby's gone out to the ball game...

Aidan

Cool that a little positive feedback came up in the Svenscan.

Does anybody know what the best way would be to get video from a DVR to another medium? I don't own one myself but someone DVRed the game. I'm not sure what kind of hook ups there are on the back of a Direct TV box or a cable box that does that. I was thinking if I could somehow hook the DVR up to the digital input of my video camera I'd be good. Or is there a way to go straight to a computer?

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bobby, the back of the DTV box will have at least one set of the typical composite outputs: Video(yellow), and Audio L(white) and R(red).

You could take those into your camera, or to a dvd recorder or even a VHS deck.

The above is the simple solution.

There are interfaces you can get that allow you to go from the composite to your computer via USB or firewire. Then dpending on system you use you upload you vid to the 'puter.

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

Thanks E-rocks! And thanks everybody for being stoked and for the support and kind words. It's a gig most everybody on the forum here could probably do, I just was lucky enough to hear about the possibility then hound them mercilessly. If anyone should find themselves in the vicinity of Petco park on one of these 6 random days, you most certainly have to hollah! I'll post about it when the come up if y'all don't mind. Next one's the end of May against the Cardinals.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

Bobby, U R MY HERO. :thu:

SK and Linwood... sorry. :rolleyes:

:cool:

Tom,

I'm honored. If I may have felt unworthy before, I certainly think I earned it with this pic. I had her e-mail it to me.

http://bobbycressey.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/padres-half-size.jpg

So now we know why Jim really took up the B3 - so he could do an endless line of knob gags with impunity :)

Ladies and gentlemen, Mr Alfredson is now appearing in the hit movie Carry On Comping...

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

Just wanted to add my name to the list of congratulators.

And add a story about a ballpark organist from several years ago. I was in Chicago on business and went to a White Sox game against the Royals. At one point they had to stop the game for a minute or two because the plate umpire had gotten sand in his eye. When he got it out and they resumed play, the organist started playing "I Can See Clearly Now" which I thought was pretty cool.

See, the keyboardist does attract the chicks! Pleeaase alert us to the May home game and I'll pick it up on direct tv - lordy what a great gig - if there's anything I like it's ball - and getting to play during a game - just like at a silent movie almost - is wonderful. atta boy! dream gig!!!
"Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown."

This is probably a really dumb question, but until you posted pics at the ballpark, I figured the picture next to the posts was of you.

Umm... who is that?

That's probably someone really well-known that I should recognize, but I'm drawing a blank.

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

What the Padres really need is a centerfielder who can hit his weight. But seriously, when you can bring sports and music together like that, you've struck entertainment gold.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

This is probably a really dumb question, but until you posted pics at the ballpark, I figured the picture next to the posts was of you.

Umm... who is that?

That's probably someone really well-known that I should recognize, but I'm drawing a blank.

Unsung hero of pop music who doesn't get his due - Richard Tee. You've heard him on more songs than you could possibly imagine.
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

Umm... who is that?

Richard Tee, one of my musical heroes! The absolute master of making something be in PERFECT time but groove extremely hard.

Go to minute 3:11 of this vid:::

[video:youtube]

Steve Gadd always said Tee was his favorite piano player from what I understand. They were very close and Gadd was hit real hard when he passed.

My friend who studies drums with Steve Ferrone (who also played with Tee a lot) says that Richard Tee was one of his favorite piano players also. He said nobody before or since ever felt the way Tee did, and no one comes close in that idiom.

Yes you can. Man I am always floored by the studio greats of that era who played their @$$es off and grooved so hard while sky high on whatever. If I have even too much Dr. Pepper, my time starts to suffer.

• 3 months later...

Excellent mayne. :thu:

If it is a gig you dig, I certainly hope that your contract is extended. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Bobby, what is the Padres W-L record on "throwback" days? If it works in your favor, get management to sign you to a long term contract. With so many superstitions in baseball, no one is going to mess with "we win every time Bobby Cressey plays organ".

Archived