Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2010-2011 Thread

Geoff Grace

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So no love and celebration for draft day?

I look at today like a 2nd Christmas. It's a joyous occassion.

Guess it depends on how many draft picks your team has and how they are utilized. Mine only has 4. But, I'll tune in and catch some of it. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Draft night, consider me all in!

I'm mainly watching for the top 10 drama that unfolds, and to see if my Titans can get Jason Pierre-Paul or Derrick Morgan from Georgia Tech at DE. Could care less about the Eagles this year.

As it relates to Bradford, and the #1 pick, I do think the Rams should pick Suh, at #1, then trade back into the late 1st round and pick up Colt McCoy as the QB!

I must say I was very impressed with McCoy's football IQ, attitude, and general understanding of the game during "Jon Gruden's QB Camp" session the other night on ESPN. Combine that with what I've seen on the field, and I think he could be the steal of the draft! We'll see..

TROLL . . . ish.

I hoped the Skins would draft an OT. Thought it should be Okung. They pick Williams.

This team always finds a way to make my head itch. Now, I can only hope they made the right choice. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

When (and why) did the NFL draft become a TV worthy event? Pick your guys and we'll see 'em when the pre-season games start. The draft s just slightly less interesting than intramural cricket. Zzzzzzzzzzzz.... :bor:

It was great to see McCoy become a Buc. They deserately needed some interior line help.

Scratching my head over the Pars trading down and then taking McCourty. Not a very impressive pick.

What about Tebow? Amazing the McDaniels traded up to get him, especially since they traded for Quinn

Steve

A Lifetime of Peace, Love and Protest Music

www.rock-xtreme.com

It was great to see McCoy become a Buc. They deserately needed some interior line help.

Scratching my head over the Pars trading down and then taking McCourty. Not a very impressive pick.

What about Tebow? Amazing the McDaniels traded up to get him, especially since they traded for Quinn

I'm scratching my head as well, but I'm betting that, with the dearth of picks at his disposal, BB will trade back up in the 2nd round to take one of those top-shelf OLBs the Pats so desperately need.

Belichick routinely trades down for second and third round picks. He's holding 44, 47, 53,and 90 and picked @ 27.

I wouldn't be surprised if he trades 90 for a second round pick next year meaning he dropped a couple slots in the first round to pick up a 119 pick, dropped a couple more slots to make that a 90, and converts it to a top 60 next year. He's got 5 picks in the 6th and 7th round to sweeten the pot :)

BB seems content to keep under the salary cap with a quantity of good picks to fill special teams and the two deep on the roster and acquire veterans from waiver to shore up weak spots.

Packers draft OT Bryan Bulaga with their first pick. Thank you. :thu:

Tim Tebow as a Bronco. Hmm...

Best,

Geoff

As a U Florida alum I am happy to see both Tebow and Joe Haden drafted early.

Although Tebow might not have the raw QB ability like, say, Sam Bradford, I think he does have great leadership qualities that potentially makes up for it (listening, Big Ben????)

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

I'm disappointed with the Chargers' decision to trade up to select Ryan Mathews. A number of mock drafts had him dropping to the Chargers' #28 spot. I relived the feelings of dread and fury that I had as soon as I heard that my team had traded up to draft Ryan Leaf. That was the move that killed Bobby Beathard's career.

This draft was supposed to be deep in RBs. I'm not convinced Mathews is that much better a prospect than the others who turned up in Charger mock drafts (Ben Tate, Jahvid Best, etc.). The Chargers could have just stood pat and waited for anyone of those guys to drop to them and still had that high 2nd round that they got from Seattle.

Tim Tebow as a Bronco. Hmm...

Yeah, what's up with that? Does Denver need Orton, Quinn and Tebow? I think not....I'm guessing Mr. Orton is not feeling so good about his job today...

dB

I'm thinking it's gonna be a while before anybody see's Tebow under center for the Broncos, unless it's a short yardage, goal line, or wildcat formation.

This Tebow pick, and all they gave up to get him will remain perplexing to me for long long time.

TROLL . . . ish.

I'm going on record right now: Tebow isn't going to do jack shit in the NFL. I'll eat my words as needed, but I do NOT see this guy's playing style fitting in an NFL system. Of course, I'm not going to complain much about the triumvirate of passing mediocrity on the Horsies. :D

Side note: lots of people think Rothlisberger is going to end up as a Raider. Would that shock anyone? ;)

I'm going on record right now: Tebow isn't going to do jack shit in the NFL. I'll eat my words as needed, but I do NOT see this guy's playing style fitting in an NFL system. Of course, I'm not going to complain much about the triumvirate of passing mediocrity on the Horsies. :D

Side note: lots of people think Rothlisberger is going to end up as a Raider. Would that shock anyone? ;)

Make sure you have a table for two. I don't see Tebow doing much on the pro level either.

I wouldn't be surprised if BB ends up a Raider but the Steelers have suggested he is staying put. ;):laugh::cool:

PD

Make sure you have a table for two. I don't see Tebow doing much on the pro level either.

I wouldn't be surprised if BB ends up a Raider but the Steelers have suggested he is staying put. ;):laugh::cool:

To be brutally honest I didn't think he would go high in the draft either. I think there are better QB's out there as well..

But hey, who knows???

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

Well Steve, take comfort in the Lions hitting the lotto with Suh. I believe that guy will do well. :thu::cool:

PD

Does anyone know anything about this Dez Bryant guy the Cowboys picked up? Some things I saw are talking what a problem he might be, but I've not seen anything about him nor his attitude, just the thing with Deion, lying to the NCAA about it, and the subsequent suspension. I'm not saying he wasn't wrong, just that I don't see a pattern and think he could easily put this behind him.

That said, I never heard of him before today and have no idea what he's like. That's why I ask.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Well Steve, take comfort in the Lions hitting the lotto with Suh. I believe that guy will do well. :thu::cool:

There is actually an optimistic feeling around here, albeit cautious optimism, that the Lions actually have a GM and coach that know what they are doing....

Perhaps I can start wearing my #20 Lem Barney Throw-back jersey in public this season--now that would be a welcome change. :cool:

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

Tebow I figured would go the a team like the Pats with a slew of 6th and 7th round picks.

Matt Cassell and Tom Brady were picked in that area and I figure that's about where a Tebow would go. A flyer.

I think I saw one draft Report Card that gave the Bronocs a C but that was more because it was par for a coach who will hit the road this season. Expecting McD to do better would be....ahem....be out of character.

I'm probably going to miss tonight's draft show, but I wonder if there will be more surprises. There are still some DTs available (eg. Terrence Cody) but who knows if any will drop to the Chargers' spot in the 3rd round.

Lions and Redskins were a bit out of character drafting linemen in the first round instead of yet another skill player - must be nice for their fans to have GMs with sense for a change.

I heard a former NFL GM (I think, but not sure who) on the radio last night saying he was sure that Tebow would be drafted relatively early by a coach who considered himself a bit of a QB guru, just to prove the point. From that perspective, the pick makes perfect sense. The thing is, if it doesn't work out, Josh Mc Daniels just ruined his tenure in Denver.
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

I did a little more digging, and it seems that Dez Bryant has had some attendance issues. Again, I think this is easily controllable. The Dallas WR coach seems to think he's a very respectful young man and won't be a problem.

It seems that a lot of people think that JJ *only* goes after problem children so they're assuming Bryant is a major one. There have been comments like "oh yeah, he'll probably try to get Worthlessberger." Meanwhile, there are plenty of Cowboys who don't have issues.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived