Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2010-2011 Thread

Geoff Grace

P.S. The Redskins also now own the greatest collection of washed up, former Pro Bowl RBs in the league (Portis, No-longer-fast Willie, and Larry Johnson). I really hoped that the Shanahan/Allen era would bring about meaningful change in DC, but apparently collecting big-name players on the tail ends of their careers didn't go out with the previous administration.

Noah

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
McNabb to the Redskins.

I'm still processing whether I like it or not.

same here- I knew they were going to move him, but to the 'skins? Regardless, the McNabb haters get what they want- the beginning of the Kolb era. I hope he lives up to the great expectations that are being loaded upon him.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Griff:

I think I'm coming out in the same place as you. All in all, McNabb is an upgrade at QB over Jason Campbell. Still, what this team REALLY needs is O-linemen and lots of 'em. And yet they're not signing any (except re-signing Casey Rabach). I really hoped that Shanahan and Bruce Allen would usher in a new era in Washington, but going out and signing guys like Larry Johnson and Willie Parker and trading for McNabb really seems to be missing the forest for the trees (yet again). And, since it seems that the team is likely to draft a guy like Sam Bradford with the 4th overall pick, they'll be beyond thin on the O-line again. I hope Donovan gets some speed back this offseason. He'll be running for his life in the fall!!

Noah

McNabb to the Redskins.

I'm still processing whether I like it or not.

Same here.

I thought the new dynamic duo were steering DS in a different direction. Instead, Here we go again with the player recycling program. Maybe they are saving the best for last regarding the o-line. :rolleyes::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Peace to Donovan McNabb, thanks for the good times, the playoff runs, and for being a great great role model. Best of luck to you!

Onto to Iggles... Ok, so we get rid of both Brian's, trade a pro-bowl level corner in Sheldon Brown, and get rid of the greatest QB the franchise has ever seen at only 33 years old. Ad to that what's left at QB is a guy who's played 2 games(lost one badly), and another who's played 20 plays in the last 3 years!

Ok, someone remind me why I am a fan of this team again please?

Regarding Kevin Kolb.. Lets face it, we don't know if Kolb is going to be Rob Johnson or Steve Young at this point.. May not matter right away because it looks like the birds are going young for now, which means lots of draft emphasis, and a realistic shot at being last place in the division next season.

The Skins.. Well, it would appear that Tinder Arts has a point, I see them dropping down out of the 4 pick for more picks in order to draft a bunch of linemen...Especially is Bradford is still there at #4. If this years draft is good for anything it's good linemen.

Yeah they have an arthritic backfield, but Mike Shanahan is going to have a great running game no matter where he goes...it's what he does.

With Donny at QB, you've got 3-4 more wins under your belt, and Shanahan's got the nack for transforming 33 yr old pro-bowl QB's into Super-bowl winners. The matchup with the Iggles should be a bloodbath which I predict will leave one team 9-7, and the other at 8-8 next year, the following year the truth of who the Skins really are should become more apparent.

TROLL . . . ish.

• 2 weeks later...
Sources: McNabb wants T.O. with Redskins

Interesting that the article states the Skins want to upgrade at WR. I thought Moss, Kelly and Thomas would be OK.

Otherwise, the TO move would not surprise me. The old player recycling program is already underway. Also, the Skins only have (4) picks in the draft.

Still, the last thing the team needs is another drama queen. :rolleyes::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

From what's been said about that situation, it seems a worthy banning. You gotta wonder about Big Ben... even if he's innocent, you'd think he would be smart enough to stop putting himself in these situations. But bottom line is that I'm pretty sure he's not without guilt here. Too bad, because he's going to end up screwing the pooch on what could have been a great career.

From what's been said about that situation, it seems a worthy banning. You gotta wonder about Big Ben... even if he's innocent, you'd think he would be smart enough to stop putting himself in these situations. But bottom line is that I'm pretty sure he's not without guilt here. Too bad, because he's going to end up screwing the pooch on what could have been a great career.

I was willing to give Ben the benefit of the doubt after the first accusations over the summer, but after this latest incident, and the other anecdotes that have come up about his off-field behavior, this suspension is well deserved.

There's some buzz about the possibility of Ben being traded. I can't say I really have an opinion either way. Some people say that the Rooneys should do it to restore the image of the Steelers, but if they trade Ben, they better be getting rid of James Harrison and Jeff Reed too.

There's some buzz about the possibility of Ben being traded.

Well, Philly could use a veteran QB. :laugh:

IMO a 6-game suspension should be punishment enough. No need to trade him.

But, Big Ben definitely has an issue i.e. stupidity that needs to be addressed professionally. :cool:

PD

Well it seems he can reduce that suspension to 4 games with good behavior, and following the guidlines of his treatment. This is similar to what Goodell set up with Vick's suspension last year. Lets just hope Ben takes advantage of the treatment program, and gets his life in order.

I do think he'll stay in Pittsburgh for now, but you don't want to go messing with the Rooney's, and you certainly do not want to stir up the wrath of the woman's groups in this country. Best thing, get the help needed, and become a better man, living a better lifestyle. Good luck to you Ben!

TROLL . . . ish.

Latest rumor has Big Buns going to the Raiders. Sounds plausable

Would be right in line with Raiders' history, that's for sure.

However, I can't fathom anyone giving a T-10 pick to the Steelers for Big Ben. He hasn't exactly been a world-beater, and this is the deepest QB draft since 1983.

However, I can't fathom anyone giving a T-10 pick to the Steelers for Big Ben. He hasn't exactly been a world-beater, and this is the deepest QB draft since 1983.

Nevermind that BB didn't do it by himself. Still, those (2) SB rings mean a lot to owners. In the Raiders, we're talking about Mumra. :laugh::cool:

PD

Nevermind that BB didn't do it by himself. Still, those (2) SB rings mean a lot to owners. In the Raiders, we're talking about Mumra. :laugh::cool:

Exactly. The one place Worthlessberger makes good decisions is on the field. Perfect for a young guy to learn football under.
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

Exactly. The one place Worthlessberger makes good decisions is on the field. Perfect for a young guy to learn football under.

3:2 TD/INT ratio tells me he doesn't make as many good decisions as I'd want in a franchise QB, especially if his intended purpose is to mentor.

Even Brett Favre's career TD/INT is just shy of 5:3, and he's not someone I'd want teaching a kid how to make good football decisions.... :freak:

Although, as I reconsider that....

Unitas played during a time when CB's were pretty much allowed to use weapons in coverage, and there was no such thing as "roughing the passer".

Yeah, it's hard to compare eras, so the U ref ain't really important. Still, after Worthlessberger's first three seasons, he's had a greater than 2:1 td/int ratio. That's pretty damn good.
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

Archived