Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

RIP: Brittany Murphy

midinut

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Save your guesses for the quality of piano sounds on DPs, guys.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/abraham/detail?entry_id=53892

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

All due respect to the learned coroner, but you don't die at 32 years old of "natural causes" - it is unnatural to just drop dead at 32. Not uncommon, but unnatural.

I'm assuming the "natural causes" thingy means that she wasn't murdered, didnt commit suicide or didnt have an accident.

All due respect to the learned coroner, but you don't die at 32 years old of "natural causes" - it is unnatural to just drop dead at 32. Not uncommon, but unnatural.

A "natural cause" can include things like diabetes, cancer, or other diseases. It's a definition that contrasts unnatural causes such as homicide, drug overdose, car accidents, and other things that kill otherwise healthy people.

And of course, ideally no one should die at 32 of any cause. RIP.

Umm. In defense of the coroner, he didn't actually say that.

The headline said: "Brittany Murphy dead - LA County Coroner says death was 'natural'"

What he actually said (as quoted by the same article) was:

"We will be conducting an autopsy either tomorrow or Tuesday...The final results will be pending the toxicology...The cause of death at this time appears to be natural. We do understand that she had a bit of a medical history and we're looking into all aspects of that. There are some other issues...which I can't get into at this time."

Which isn't the same thing at all.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

You can also have a heart attack cause by the cardiac complications of Graves disease. When I saw how thin she was I thought maybe that was it. I've got Graves myself. No fun but very treatable. Get your doctor to do a thyoid test as part of a physical. It is estimated that there are a few million undiagnosed cases out there. Everytime I hear of someone with no history of heart trouble dying of a sudden attack I think of how lucky I am. Get it checked.

Oh god she's another Heath Ledger and Michael Jackson. Why on earth does one person need so many (legal) pills? Insanity. And prescriptions were in the 1. husband's 2. mom's and 3. alias names.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/22/brittany-murphys-drugs-th_n_400321.html

" According to the notes, the medications included Topamax (anti-seizure meds also to prevent migraines), Methylprednisolone (anti-inflammatory), Fluoxetine (depression med), Klonopin (anxiety med), Carbamazepine (treats Diabetic symptoms and is also a bipolar med), Ativan (anxiety med), Vicoprofen (pain reliever), Propranolol (hypertension, used to prevent heart attacks), Biaxin (antibiotic), Hydrocodone (pain med) and miscellaneous vitamins. "

Why on earth does one person need so many (legal) pills? Insanity.

Mental health is not a highly publicized thing in our society. We do not openly talk about depression and other mental health issues. As a result, it is assumed people are OK especially those who seem to "have everything".

Those around Murphy, Ledger, Jackson and others with issues know there is a problem. Unfortunately, without the right knowledge and treatment, it is hard to save folks from destroying themselves.

Mental health is becoming a topic of discussion as the economy fluctuates and people lose homes and jobs. I just hope that she is free in death of whatever troubled her in life. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

I would hope that we all understand that any causal statements made on the day of a death is preliminary, barring something obvious.

Or did anyone really believe that Tigers wife was using that golf club to help him free himself from the car wreck? I told my wife as soon as the news reader said that, that she was chasing him with the club, not helping him.

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

Everyone has problems. Lot of us have problems that reach the level of inner demons we fight with chronic persistence - sometimes we seem to be winning, often we seem not to be.

Money seldom assuages those kinds of demons for long. An old Chinese proverb goes something like, "The only thing worse than not getting everything you always wanted...is getting it" or something like that. Money just makes unhealthy ways of feeding those demons more accessible.

I very much hate to see lives destroyed by those kinds of things, and am greatly hopeful for second chances for anyone. Unfortunately, there are some endings where there are no second chances.

Money seldom assuages those kinds of demons for long.

The big difference... you or I try stupid crap, our friends tell us "No way, that is stupid! Forget it you moron!"

But when you are rich, you hire people to get what you want for you, no filter, no questions asked.

Imagine if you said to one of your friends, "Yeah, I hired this doctor to come and live with me, he's gonna help me to sleep better...."... you'd get smacked upside the head with a full beer can. Then they'd buy a case and come over and watch the game with you until you passed out. So much not being able to sleep.

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

Why on earth does one person need so many (legal) pills? Insanity.

Insanity is exactly what it is. IMO. Just thank God that you don't understand why someone would need so many pills. Cuz, if you did, you'd probably have a problem.....

This happens all the time. Too bad only celebrities get the publicity. I remember reading somewhere that if drug and alcohol addiction were listed as the true cause of death on death certificates, that they would be the number one killer in the US.

My 2c.

I wish I could figure out how to guarantee that "the authorities" don't rifle through my stuff and that I'm not dissected, analyzed, and cataloged by the state on the way out. I take great comfort in the fact that few folks will notice and fewer will give a crap.

--wmp

Archived