Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

RIP: Brittany Murphy

midinut

Why on earth does one person need so many (legal) pills?

I think it's called "health care". If you watch the TV shows beating scandal de jour to death, you've probably seen a lot ads encouraging you to ask your doctor if pharmaceutical de jour is right for you. Odds are that if you can afford some, it is. There's big money in having folks believe that there's a pill for everything. Be careful what you ask your doctor. When you're a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

--wmp

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wish I could figure out how to guarantee that "the authorities" don't rifle through my stuff and that I'm not dissected, analyzed, and cataloged by the state on the way out. I take great comfort in the fact that few folks will notice and fewer will give a crap.

Easy. Don't become a cute young blonde movie star. The only people rifling through your stuff will be those ungrateful children who never did call and who have been lining up outside waiting for you to die so they can grab what they can.

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

Easy. Don't become a cute young blonde movie star.

That'll keep them from selling out to TMZ, but I don't see how that'll keep them out of my stuff if they want in. If I get my way, there will be no attending physician, so they're going to want to dissect. I'm afraid I won't be able to put up much of a fight.

Got no kids, ungrateful or otherwise. I'm more concerned with my rich relatives not making good use of, or finding a good home for my stuff, and getting a fair price for it. When my sister shows up in the garage sale forum, please be nice to her. She's not rich.

--wmp

I say we patiently wait on the toxicology report before we make any assumptions.

Sorta OT but my daughter dates a guy that is prescribed 5 Xanex per day. He can't even function... My suggestion? Time for a new doctor and a second opinion... but who am I? Just an overly protective father who feels my daughter deserves better than that (which could be fodder for another OT thread someday).

Still remember Bill Cosby's line about Cocaine... "it intensifies your personality... so what if you're an asshole?"

Yeah having the money/means to afford pretty much anything you want could have its downsides for sure. I really think most of it hinges on whether you have an addictive personality or not.

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

Archived