Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Keyboard Corner

Synths, pianos, software, analog, digital, modeling, virtual instruments, programming tips - this is the place on the web for discussions, debates, opinions and assistance...and the occasional sports thread.

11594965545_282c74d7ea_o.jpg.e3b7814ba5300332fb257afa0b249ec5.jpg   

Subforums

1. Repairs and Mods

Repairs, modifications, tips, tricks and other suggestions for ailing keyboards and synthesizers.

67,023 topics in this forum

1. learning licks

• 1 reply
    • 1 reply
  2. To Dave...

• 5 replies
  3. Mr Bryce.

• 2 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 14 replies
    • 1.3k views
    • 1 reply
    • 3 replies
    • 0 replies
  4. You SUCK!!

• 18 replies
  5. Worst band names

• 28 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 5 replies
  6. New MAC

• 3 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 6 replies
  7. New Web Site!!!

• 9 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 3 replies
    • 2 replies
  8. Midi Files

• 0 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 3 replies
  9. GM Soundsets Rule!

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 11 replies
  10. Volume pedals

• 9 replies
    • 4.6k views
    • 7 replies
    • 3 replies
  11. leslie simulators

• 9 replies
  12. Wanna play?

• 1 reply
  13. New to this forum? Please read this

• 4 replies
  14. 5000 posts

• 1 reply
  • Trending posts on MPN

• I like the bass plugin very much. I do not use the virtual bassist, i play the lines alone. It is something like IK multimedia's modo bass, very nice!
    • Hmm, didn't check that, but for sure in Garageband (iOS) the drummer there always had some jazzy options, will have a look at LP 11 on my iPad this evening.
    • Yep. I call it Clip Art for the music industry.   I mentioned this on another thread (had thought it was this thread) that as a long retired graphic artist/designer who gave up Graphic Art when Desktop publishing pushed its little head into the grahics art world when any receptionist could then put out usable corporate art with clip art and a desktop publishing program.    The early clip art i mention I see as akin to the beginning of art scrounging. They had to start somewhere. But now its far more powerful because it can incoporate music, art and anything from humans past thats been recorded.   Desktop publishing seems innocuous to people now but i can tell you I saw the writing on the wall.   Although not the AI we now see but with clip art incorporated into a publishing program i saw the kurnel of computers borrowing human knowledge just in that clip art.   Lets just say it was the beginning of the gathering of artistic knowledge before they applied what I call  "scrounging technology".
    • There doesn't seem to be any jazz related drum content in the session player. I could do with that occasionally. 
    • That's perhaps reasonably accurate if discussing machine learning scraping and learning images and music. Sort of. At least, a lot of the time.   His statement is often wildly inaccurate at describing many other things.    Why doesn't anyone discuss its helpfulness in the following? It can be monitoring various aspects of agricultural elements, detect cancerous cells, alert people when gunshots are heard, plan gardens with drought-resistant plants, aid with health and nutrition plans, design hardware for spaceships and ten million other things that are lighter, better, and stronger than human designs, analyze data sets, sort through archives of pictures, fix bugs in codes, make insulin analogs for diabetics and immune cells that fight cancer or aid in Parkinson's or malaria research and identification, test hypotheses faster than humans, identify diseases in humans and plants, create more effective spam filters for email, cleaning offices, analyze chronic conditions with lab and other medical data to ensure early diagnoses, use  the combination of historical data and medical intelligence for the discovery of new drugs, identify defects and nutrient deficiencies in the soil, improve the in-vehicle experience and provide additional systems like emergency braking, blind-spot monitoring, and driver-assist steering for driving cars, detect changes in financial transaction patterns and other potential red flags that can signify fraud, in astronomy it can establish that galaxy mergers were the primary force underlying starbursts, analyze immense teraquads of data, identify data security threats...   Because it makes a crappy meme, that's why.   When we express opinions, it has to be "I'm totally against something" or "I'm totally for something." We can't ever be for some aspects, against other aspects, and wary of yet others.
  • In MPN’s GEARLAB

• I remember seeing the ads in Keyboard and a picture of the Odyssey on the Musicians Friend catalog. I really wanted one but ended up with the MiniMoog because it was available. In the late 70's you didn't have a lot of choices in a small rural town. Was very interested when this came out but reviews of the horrible touch pads scared me away. Wish it had more jacks for interfacing with the Behringer 2600. Still, maybe someday. Wonder how it compares to the Korg version?
    • Carlo, you make that Oddy sound fabulous! I have a black-face Oddy and Axxe in my garage, have had both since the '80's, and both need new sliders, probably new caps, and a ton of cleaning. But hearing you play it made me feel nostalgic for that sound! Given the price of the Behringer, it'll probably be cheaper to just buy a new one than to fix mine.
    • OT - just a comment on the original white face Oddy - I modified mine so I had an octave up/down switch. Also changed the pitch knob to one which had a notch sticking out so that I could curl my little finger round it and be confident that I could return it to the neutral position. And I managed to rewire the modulation slider on the first oscillator so that the second oscillator modulated too. It was all very ambitious of me, with not much real understanding of what I was doing, but it worked nicely. i hung onto it for years, only selling it off about 10 years ago. Nowadays I occasionally use the app on the iPad. It’s close enough for me.
  • Come join MPN’s Clubs!

• Blog Entries