Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Virtual Music - Online Collaboration

Virtual worlds are another performance and composition option. If you are interested in music in places like Second Life or want to find someone else online to collaborate with, you've found the right place.

Unknown.jpeg

521 topics in this forum

1. Forum Rules

• 0 replies
    • 6.5k views
    • 25 replies
    • 4.3k views
    • 0 replies
    • 20 replies
    • 1.1k views
  2. Collaboration Online ....

• 8 replies
    • 2.7k views
    • 0 replies
    • 24 replies
    • 8k views
  3. current favorite band? 1 2

• 38 replies
    • 56.8k views
    • 3 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 6.9k views
    • 3 replies
    • 1.4k views
    • 3 replies
    • 2k views
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 2.4k views
    • 3 replies
    • 1.6k views
    • 2 replies
    • 2k views
    • 1 reply
    • 1.5k views
    • 1 reply
    • 1.9k views
    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  4. My Dad is old

• 3 replies
    • 2.4k views
    • 2 replies
    • 2.7k views
    • 2 replies
    • 2.3k views
    • 0 replies
    • 1.7k views
    • 0 replies
    • 1.8k views
    • 1 reply
    • 5k views
    • 2 replies
    • 6.6k views
  5. collaborative idea!!!!

• 1 reply
    • 3.4k views
    • 0 replies
    • 1.6k views
    • 1 reply
    • 3.9k views
  6. Please Help!

• 2 replies
    • 4.5k views
    • 1 reply
    • 3.3k views
  7. iPro recorder

• 1 reply
    • 3.3k views
    • 3 replies
    • 4.2k views
    • 1 reply
    • 3.2k views
  8. International Collaboration

• 1 reply
    • 2.8k views
    • 0 replies
    • 2.2k views
    • 1 reply
    • 3.3k views
    • 2 replies
    • 3.5k views
  • Trending posts on MPN

• Believe it or not, a highly intoxicated blonde woman yelled this at my band Saturday night at the end of our gig!.    
    • I'm looking for a multi-platform (IOS, Android, Windows) application for set lists & lead sheets.  So far, the only candidates are Mobilesheets and BandHelper (and the latter is web-only for Windows, and has lots of limitations, though perhaps I can run it on an Android emulator.)   This is for a duet gig where I'm the side man on keyboards for a guitarist/vocalist doing popular covers, where I want to prepare material for sub keyboard players.  Windows is a requirement because that's what I use.  (I want to make it easy because I want to gig less than the leader, and we have at least one candidate with the skills and interest.)   I wouldn't need much in the way of features, other than a couple formats for the sheets (some singer/songwriter style lyrics with chords, others more like leadsheet format, with added notes.)  The ability to print them all would be nice too, so I can just hand a notebook to anyone who doesn't plan to use a device.  And of course, the ability to easily set up a set list.   The ability to change keys would be good, but in general not required for this case -- but it's something I'd like to have in general.
    • I have an iPad Pro that predates the M series chips. I want to upgrade to a 13" screen because I use it for reading music at gigs. The speed/performance on my older device is totally fine though. I use a laptop for real video and audio work. I wish Apple made a cheaper 13" iPad because viewing pdfs doesn't require a fast chip.
    • I know about Fractal, and like some many digital products, in spite of their being widely used, I don't like the sound of them. I looked some demos, and someone playing over 250 different guitar effects through them, and sure, there are some clear resemblances with known and great sounds, but it's so bright, so intensely tiresome to listen to, very contrary to a an actual guitar amp.   Some of that is limitations in the modelling, some accuracy limitations, some could be related to theoretical weakness of using impulse based models, and all things suffer from DSP errors they're not aware of (mostly the integral of samples in a digital signal are almost always quite wrong, and simply the lack of accuracy in all current DACs signal reconstruction logic.   A number of errors or undesirable signal distortions can surely be prevented by using accurate part simulations like in actual electronics simulators with the right accuracy. It's been decades since I've actively made something myself with that, computers should be a lot faster by now!   T
  • In MPN’s GEARLAB

• OT - just a comment on the original white face Oddy - I modified mine so I had an octave up/down switch. Also changed the pitch knob to one which had a notch sticking out so that I could curl my little finger round it and be confident that I could return it to the neutral position. And I managed to rewire the modulation slider on the first oscillator so that the second oscillator modulated too. It was all very ambitious of me, with not much real understanding of what I was doing, but it worked nicely. i hung onto it for years, only selling it off about 10 years ago. Nowadays I occasionally use the app on the iPad. It’s close enough for me.
    • Waaaay back when....I bought a white face ARP Odyssey off a friend of our drummer. Never had my eye on one, but it was a great deal and I needed one more synth for my rig. Probably did 200 gigs with it. I used it a ton, and it never let me down. I eventually sold it to help pay for a brand new DX7 when they first hit the streets. (Ya, it was that long ago) I honestly have never missed it - not even once, and would not buy another one, regardless of who makes it or how inexpensive they are. Too many better options out there these days. Odysseys always sounded a little too "thin" for my tastes. I much prefer a synth that can do "fat".....and any 37 note keyboards are generally an automatic  pass for me now.
    • I just bought one used two days ago.   I had in the past (a very past) the original ARP Odissey and an Avatar (the guitar version of the Odissey). They sounded quite differenti, and now I understand why: two different version of the filter. A friend of mine still have the all black one with coloured sliders, which Is again different, maybe two poles filter?   Anyway the Behringer sounds good but a bit differenti too.   My ARP had a ring modulator I used to build fabolous bell like sounds: metallic, full of harmonics.    The kind of sound you can hear on Japan Tin Drum or Oil on Canvas albums.   Until now I couldn't recreate this sound.    Neither the Avatar did. Just my ARP Odissey I sold for little Money :(
  • Come join MPN’s Clubs!

• Blog Entries