Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

So what did Santa bring you?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two new Global chef knives. Actually, a chef knife and a paring knife. Nothing musical, other than another power supply for the PC4-7.

Merry Christmas!

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

Music-related, Mrs. Glow gave me a lavish gift certificate from Sweetwater. I see a shiny new toy in my future!

She also gave me this book, which I plan to dive into very soon:

41WQyHSoA6L._SY291_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_FMwebp_.jpg

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

Some software, sucked in again by tremendous sales. I've gotten onto more orchestral stuff since I have too many synths/drums etc. Now we'll see what I can do with them!

My PC4 is still backordered and at this rate maybe I'll get it for xmas 2022. I'll be cancelling the order if this goes on too much longer in favor of something in stock.

Hammond SK Pro, 61 key version. Can"t wait to retire the SK-1 and get this incorporated in the live rig!
Montage 7, Mojo 61, PC-3, XK-3c Pro, Kronos 88, Hammond SK-1, Motif XF- 7, Hammond SK-2, Roland FR-1, FR-18, Hammond B3 - Blond, Hammond BV -Cherry

A new pair of jeans. A Star Wars t-shirt. A new tank car for my model trains. "Urban Dreams" the new CD by Finnish synthesist Kebu, a desktop headphone stand and a Stay Slim 2-tier keyboard stand (on back order at Thomann, due mid-January). My family loves me.

www.wjwcreative.com

www.linkedin.com/in/wjwilcox

Groovesizer TB2 arrived. It's a simple little synthesizer, open source built around an Arduino. The MIDI Association bought a bunch of these for members. We have custom MIDI 2.0 firmware to test Profile Configuration and Property Exchange. Lots of background activity around MIDI 2.0 right now.

W0IeQxx.jpg

Mike Kent

- Chairman of MIDI 2.0 Working Group

- MIDI Association Executive Board

- Co-Author of USB Device Class Definition for MIDI Devices 1.0 and 2.0

Santa doesn"t deliver here in Jerusalem, Israel, but fortunately FedEx does!

K&M Spider Pro keyboard stand with ALL the trimmings: mounts for my iPad and Blofeld (the keyboard tiers are for my Yamaha CP4 and YC61) and a boom for my mic, not mention a healthy extra serving of the curiously named 'Cable Clamb' ('kabelklemme' in German) cable organizers.

I may be Jewish, but I"m sure Santa wouldn"t want me to have messy cabling when I jam!

Happy Holidays to everyone!

An acoustically decent home studio full of hand-picked gear that I love to play and record with!

I'm far from handy, so you might be able to improve on what I did for my spider pro. You may have an issue with your boom grabbing the adapter right off the bolt--and if that happens, only the rubber washer is holding the bolt up. I've had it fall into the body of the stand several times, and if that happens you have to take off all five long screws holding the top plate on, turn the thing upside down and let the bolt fall out :)

This happened right before set one of a gig, and for that set I had to duct tape a kick microphone stand to the top of it since we didn't have any extra tall mic stands! Between sets I took the two keyboards off, took the plate off etc.

The plate is also pretty flimsy, and they sell a metal version, but I haven't needed it. Anyway, the solution I found for the bolt is to put a different size no-head bolt that didn't require an adapter (smaller than the 5/8" adapter, works with the booms as-is), and on the underside of the plate put another nut and washer and tighten that down. This way it can't fall down or move at all and I never have to open the top (well, unless I wanted to remove one tier, which is a bummer with this stand if you want to only have one tier for certain gigs.)

I really like the Spider pro, have had more compliments about it than anything else in my rig!

Tickets to see Journey with Toto in April and a beautiful edition of Walter Chandoha's acclaimed cat photos. Plus the best gift of all--time.

9 Moog things, 3 Roland things, 2 Hammond things and a computer with stuff on it

Mrs. Claus brought me a gift certificate to have my old 2001 Ford F150 gear hauler detailed. So I gifted myself a new set of running boards in preparation (the old ones are in pretty bad shape).

Live: Yamaha S70XS (#1); Roland Jupiter-80; Mackie 1202VLZ4: IEMs or Traynor K4

Home: Hammond SK Pro 73; Moog Minimoog Voyager Electric Blue; Yamaha S70XS (#2); Wurlitzer 200A

@stokely, it is silly that a stand build like a front-line battle tank has this one crucial weakness.

My mic boom is a K&M 201110 which is all metal and attaches via a 3/8' thread, so I won"t have that silly plastic adapter. We"ll see how the plate holds up. If I gig enough to require the metal version, it"s a win. I already ordered 4 of the zinc-coated bronze 3/8'/1/2' to 5/8' adapter should I need it (Sweetwater through those into the next order).

I love the way I can have my 2 boards PLUS the iPad PLUS the Blofeld module PLUS the mic boom. It"s super cool!

An acoustically decent home studio full of hand-picked gear that I love to play and record with!

Limited Edition David Bowie Stylophone :keys2:

Great minds thinking alike: my niece also got me a Stylophone; a regular one, not a Bowie Limited Ed. one. My niece said she wanted to get one after seeing a Youtube video of Jon Baptiste demonstrating its use.

J.S. Bach Well Tempered Klavier

The collected works of Scott Joplin

Ray Charles Genius plus Soul

Charlie Parker Omnibook

Stevie Wonder Songs in the Key of Life

Weather Report Mr. Gone

It wasn't in time for Christmas, unfortunately - but it will hopefully arrive around New Year's Eve. ;) I'll keep you posted.

Also, the newest upgrades for the Sequential Pro 3 finally resolved most of the bugs, plus added a few incredible features. Back to programming!

Lastly, after being stuck in the mail for 3 months, a new exciting instrument from France has finally reached me. Too late to act as a beta tester, as I had committed myself to - but lots of fun ahead nonetheless. :)