Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Virtual KC Holiday Hang! (s)?

Do you cats want to do it? If so, when? We could even plan a couple of them, one around Christmas and one the week after, before New Year's.

If we firm up a date, I'll post the info in the thread or even in this post and adjust the title.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm off work Christmas through New Years, so I'd love to hop in, since I keep missing them! Both holidays fall on Fridays, so maybe we should aim for the Saturday/Sunday after? I could jump on one midweek as well, but I'm not sure how that works for other folks.

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

My schedule is pretty oddball, but I always try to pop in anytime people are congregating in the Zoom.

How about just leaving the invitation open for the next 2 holiday weekends and people can post their presence (or anticipation of) in this thread.

Since we are scattered throughout the continents, any kind of firm schedule will be impossible or inconvenient for some. Just log in when you can, and check whenever. If we all (those of us who are so inclined, that is) just keep the Zoom window active in the background when we're online, you never know who you might meet. ð

Well, as usual, the hang is always open even right now. But if we don't kinda tell people when we're having it, they don't know when to log in. :idk: I mean that if we want to chat right now, we can, but if I don't say that I will be there at 8 am CT, no one else logs in. So, it seems we have to generally set up times. I was hoping you guys would have ideas. :)

I think I'd like to say we start on the Eves (both Thursdays) and it will be open all weekend (both weekends) so people can do whatever works for them. Post in this thread if you want to let people know you're in there.

We'll use the following Zoom meeting link: https://cornell.zoom.us/j/94185593517 or you can enter the meeting ID 941 8559 3517 upon firing up Zoom.

You will need a password to enter because bots like to scrape the internet for open Zoom meeting links and ruin everyone's day.

The password is "clonk" with a capital C and a zero in place of the letter o.

Does that work for everyone?

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Put it on your calendars, kids!

Christmas Week: Thursday 24 - Sunday 27

New Year's Week: Thursday 31 - Sunday 3

Let's say we start each Thursday around Noon Eastern time, which should be early enough for those in the Europes.

For those Down Under, please do me a favor and tell me when you think you'll be on, I always love to catch you guys but it takes a special effort.

And S_Gould, I'll look for you around midnight my time! :D Feel free to let us know when you're on.

It occurs to me that for as long as Samuel is willing to keep the meeting open, it might be worth making a link thread in the stickies at the top of the forum. Then anyone could post notice/invitation to others whenever, and we wouldn't need to make a new thread for special occasions.

It occurs to me that for as long as Samuel is willing to keep the meeting open, it might be worth making a link thread in the stickies at the top of the forum. Then anyone could post notice/invitation to others whenever, and we wouldn't need to make a new thread for special occasions.

I will do that but some people are in the habit of ignoring the Sticky threads after a while. For one of the virtual hangs, I experimented with putting the "special event" thread at the top as a sticky thread and a few people said they never saw it until I unstuck it. :idk:

Isn't it always? And whatever people want to talk about or show off. A chance to hang with friends since most of us aren't going anywhere for the holiday.

For those Down Under, please do me a favor and tell me when you think you'll be on, I always love to catch you guys but it takes a special effort.

:thu:

I'm just bumping this as the day gets closer. Meanwhile, Happy Crimble and a Very New Year to everyone!

Very cool. Looking forward to these hangs!

During Zoom lessons my avatar usually wanders into the room, so she may be in on the hang, too - along with her little 'brother'...

1677.png.aaa073511e3c50559dde2b9e42e544aa.png

1683.jpg.105c3f3d4470187d064c7594856e13ef.jpg

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!